What are your hobbies/interests?

luckyhelen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Reading: my fave authors are Wilbur Smith (historical fiction) and Stephen King (Horror)

Photography: I have a camera and like to use it.

Apart from those, I use the internet a lot for online simulation games like Neopets and Subeta.

I love animals, especially horses. I used to ride, but last time I was on a horse was 2001. I was promised I could ride the Clydesdale that lived at the animal sanctuary I volunteered at, when I had finished my work. It had been a lifelong dream just to see a Clydes in real life (I don't recall ever having knowingly met one prior to that) so he was my favourite out of all the horses there.

• 4 months later...

I'm a gamer. Although it should be noted that modern sandstorms in d2r games are often very complex, which makes it very difficult to give any verdict on their effect on cognitive ability. Online games help children and adolescents learn to solve problem situations by forcing them to take different approaches. Interactive games can also stimulate creativity and ingenuity. Although the correlation between skills learned in games and real-life situations is not entirely clear, the evidence is encouraging.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:22 AM, annhide said:

I'm a gamer. Although it should be noted that modern sandstorms in d2r games are often very complex, which makes it very difficult to give any verdict on their effect on cognitive ability. Online games help children and adolescents learn to solve problem situations by forcing them to take different approaches. Interactive games can also stimulate creativity and ingenuity. Although the correlation between skills learned in games and real-life situations is not entirely clear, the evidence is encouraging.

What are "d2r" games? I'm not familiar with that term.
Your analysis of games and their effect(s) on cognition are interesting, and I would say in general, that I agree that playing games can help kids in various ways mentally and emotionally in both stimulating and calming the brain. As well as inspiring and entertaining it, of course. 😉 Lastly, I would indeed agree that the evidence is encouraging. 😉

As for me, I game too, I like to sketch and dabble in animation as a hobby. Though I'd love to improve on the quality of both. 😉 I read occasionally, not as much as I used to, but I read a LOT of text on the net day-to-day so I suppose that's why I haven't read as many books as I used to read. 😜

I enjoy listening to music, sometimes chatting with friends. And i dabble a bit in writing and "world-building", in that sense. Would love to design a game, but I couldn't code my way out of a paper bag. lol

As for what games I play? Offline, I definitely prefer RPGs, or games with story that require strategy and critical thinking. Online, I play Neopets, dabble with Flight Rising and play a free-to-play MMO called AdventureQuest3D. A cross-platform MMO that you can play on android, iOS, and computers, via Steam.

There is a pay aspect to AQ3D, for a 1-time fee of $25 you can unlock guardianship. You get access to the Guardian Tower, the Job Class, and some game-wide perks. Dragon Guardian is $50, basically you get a tiny amount of extra perks, and a good amount of the game's premium currency, Dragon Crystals. Either package is only a one-time thing, and it's good forever then. There is no player-trading system, so any items you want, you have to earn or craft yourself. But you can party up and grind for the items required to craft said items. 😉

You can be a top player without ever paying a penny too. A HUGE draw in the game are the cosmetic-equipment and items. They are always parodying pop-culture stuff. You could change your character to look like Luffy, from One Piece, Saitama, from One-Punch Man, etc. etc. Most equipment is for everyone, some of it may require you to be a guardian to equip it, but not usually to obtain it. Many of the permanent travel forms you can get are guardian-only, though the free consumable and the free permanent travel forms travel at the same speeds. So there's no real advantage unless you want a specific look of a specific travel form.

There are multiple job/classes to master, they JUST released a new one, Samurai, the other day! It's, pretty powerful, but I haven't finished unlocking all the skills yet. 😉 Each Class has skills up to the 10th rank/level. Get to rank 10 to maximize that job's abilities and get a nice cross-over skill to use with another job equipped. (1 Cross-skill can be equipped at a time). Each class has 4 attacks besides the default auto-attack. 3 skills and an ultimate that takes time to build up before you can use it.

I've played games from this company for a long time. Not QUITE as long as Neopets, but I remember some people on the neoboards talking about the original AdventureQuest, back in the day. Which launched in 2002. I started playing I think, around 2003. THAT game is still going, not missing at least 1 weekly update since it's launch. It was originally Flash, now it's accessed via the Artix Etnertainment Launcher. A program you can download to access any of their games. Unlike Neopets, the people over at AE saw the death of Flash coming and converted their game worlds BEFORE Flash died. 😉

I think quite a lot about the company and it's founder, Artix, who plays a Paladin. Actually, if you visit their site and check out the Heromart, they have an original 8-bit ROM game file (use a Nintendo/NES emulator to play), called Dungeons & Doomknights. First and only one of their real-life products I've bought. lol Oh you get some codes to get some fun cosmetic stuff in AQ3D and a couple other games, but the game itself is really pretty fun! Kind of reminds me of the King's Quest games, only with a Castlevania feel and action to it. 😉 Artix himself did most of the coding and designing of that game. You can find lots of cool vids about AQ3D on Youtube. Gold Raven's channel is a good place to start. With all sorts of how-to videos. 😉

Anyway, AQ3D is a fun game, and if you like MMO's but don't want to bleed your wallet dry, this is a great alternative to those MMO's that focus more on the money end of things, or charge a monthly subscription fee. Because like I said, AQ3D is FREE-to-Play! :D

Current max player level is 38. Game is presently in Open-Beta.
I use this wiki site a lot for AQ3D. http://aq-3d.wikidot.com/ Especially if I don't log in for awhile Lots of GREAT info and links to the official site too!

Oh yeah, you get a daily treasure chest, inside are some neat goodies. From FREE Dragon Crystals, to boosters (gold, exp, class exp,) travel forms, to even pets and cosmetic armor you can only get from the daily treasure chests! Time to open between treasure chests is 23 hours. Game/Server time is Eastern time zone in the USA. They are based in Florida.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I loved photography. Then a few years ago a neurological disorder screwed my vision over for a few years, before this experimental treatment came out. I'm finally able to go back out taking photos and exploring nature like before (how lucky am I to be in the 10% to actually respond to the treatment), but unfortunately my night vision still doesn't work too well.

• 2 weeks later...

We all know that nowadays one of the most popular areas is cryptocurrency trading. So, recently I became very interested in understanding this area and I began to study a lot of materials. Currently, there are several large and small projects around the world trying to understand in blockchain technology. Every now and then something comes along that seems to work and in some sense acts as a driving force for the entire sector; but at the moment it doesn't seem at all obvious that in ten years we will still be talking about blockchain. The information that I read made me realize that this is one of the tools of the future so I started to actively take an interest in it and I think over time I will start engage in cryptocurrency myself since almost all people are interested in it