Which team will you support for Altador Cup XIV?

Which team will you support for Altador Cup XIV?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Teams (A-K)

• Altador
    • Brightvale
    • Darigan
    • Faerieland
    • Haunted Woods
    • Kiko Lake
    • Kreludor
    • Krawk Island
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Teams (L-T)

• Lost Desert
    • Maraqua
    • Meridell
    • Moltara
    • Mystery Island
    • Roo Island
    • Shenkuu
    • Terror Mountain
    • Tyrannia
    • None of the above
  3. 3. Virtupets or not participating ?

• Virtupets
    • Not Participating
    • None of the above

You can choose your teams now :D

This will be my first Altador Cup and I'm actually excited to see what all the buzz is about. I have no history or knowledge on how any of this works other than this being a Neopets equivalent to the world cup. I look forward to seeing the poll results and predictions/brackets. Happy Blitzbal--I mean, Yooyuballing!

I chose Meridell and Terror Mountain many, many years back, but I only played a couple games back then. Ever since I've started playing seriously, it's been Team Shenkuu all the way!

Good luck everyone!

This is my 10th year playing for Shenkuu 

ACI , I chose HW and they won the whole thing

ACII  & ACIII  I was on Hiatus

ACIV - placed 2nd with Shenkuu and never looked back , even though we couldn't repeat the result .. and now we're in ACXIV !

I've always picked Shenkuu, I'm loving that we've gained another Shenkuu player in Robin this year. ?

I'm looking forward to the AC now, I always do, even though playing YYB is VERY HARD for me because of the pesky MS. It's kind of a means to gauge disease progression for me; how much worse am I at this this year... ? But seeing as I did manage to hit Rank 15 last year from playing mostly SOSD I know I'll do ok this year. ?

I'm gonna pay the practice team a visit now, just to torture myself... ?

image.png.c2e5a0434badc4965bdf9aee55927430.png

Phew, that seemed to take approx. half an hour...

•   Got a lot of snow yooyus which totally accounts for my low score *coughs*
  • Practice team are as annoying as ever. ?
  • But despite that, no goals scored because Shenkuu's goalie is GOOD, regardless of the commentators' yearly insistence that she's rubbish!
  • I still like watching the clockwork yooyu doing the robot in that particular cutscene
  • I wish those cutscenes were an actual pause and you had to click continue to carry on, but I'm aware that wouldn't be especially popular. >_< I tend to leave all the cutscenes to continue in their own time as they give me a MUCH needed breathing space!

I picked Terror Mountain! Because... I liked the logo?

This will also be my first Altador Cup. I think I'll stick to Make Some Noise because I don't really like flash games.

Edit: Turns out I'm also good at Shootout Showdown so I'll be playing that. The Slushie game doesn't work on my computer.

5 hours ago, epona1 said:

This will also be my first Altador Cup. I think I'll stick to Make Some Noise because I don't really like flash games.

Edit: Turns out I'm also good at Shootout Showdown so I'll be playing that. The Slushie game doesn't work on my computer.

Yeahhh Terror Mountain for another 1st timer! The color schemes work with my whole aesthetic so I had to choose them.

Look at all the Shenkuus. I tried playing yooyuball and the practice team is hilarious. I didn't try the other games yet; I'll dabble later tonight. The whole screaming Techo fanatic had me laughing.

I'm going to stay loyal to Team Terror Mountain. :smile:

Some "warnings" for those first-timers ?:

- You'll get very, very frustrated with all of the games. (The Jelly Chia's grin will haunt you.)

- The brackets make no sense. (So while cheering for your team and trying your best is definitely a good thing, don't be too disappointed if your team doesn't do well. Your prizes will be based on your individual scores anyway.)

- Just reaching the highest rank (All-Star), usually isn't enough to be able to afford the most expensive things in the prize shop. (I really wish they'd change that.)
This petpage will probably be available again soon to use to track your rank, and see how many prize points that rank will grant you. (You can check last year's prizes here, to see how expensive the top ones usually are.)

- Stay off the neoboards if you want to maintain your sanity.

- If Make Some Noise is giving you trouble (as in, it's lagging a lot), try playing the low resolution version. (I have to play this version if I want to get the qualifying score.)

- Each game has a minimum score you have to reach for it to qualify towards moving up in rank. You can check out last year's minimum scores here.

- Always participate in the Staff Tournament - it's an easy way to get prizes. :D

- Seriously though, don't visit the neoboards. (Unless you love drama, because then they'll be the perfect place for you to hang out. ? )

I never go to the neoboards unless I had a quest. Thanks for all the helpful tips, @Nielo, I'll bookmark those pages.

17 hours ago, Dilley88 said:

I think I'm going to break my keyboard playing 'Make Some Noise' LMAO.

Same. I have a mechanical keyboard too so someone is going to wonder what I'm doing ?

MA-RA-QUA!!!!

I've ALWAYS played for them and I shall continue to do so! It's just unlucky that game SCORES have little bearing on anything. I'm going to try for a 3-peat of scoring 17 goals this year.  The 3-peat will be if I score 17 goals once this year, it will be 3 years in a row of scoring 17 in a single game. I think you'd need a robot or something to actually score 18, a perfect game of 18 SEEMS plausible, but something usually messes me up so a score of 17 is VERY rare. XD Last year I managed to score 17 5-times, the previous year, only once. Not at all the year prior to that, but I think I scored 17 the year before that.... didn't look into my records from that far back though. LOL I screenshot EVERY 10+ game. Initially I did it when I had a "high" scoring game, but the score didn't send. I was so frustrated because I couldn't PROVE to TNT that I had scored that high. So I started screenshoting those scores. But since scores don't really matter, the Win does, so I just did it to keep track of my progress over the years. I have screenshots going back to 2012 when I came off my last hiatus and started participating in Neopets and the AC again. Oh, and I was right, 4 AC's a go I had 3 games with scores of 17. Just none the 3rd AC ago. lol As long as I was checking on how far back my records went, I thought I'd double-check that.  ?

1 minute ago, mentalgopher said:

I'm apparently a glutton for punishment because I'm supporting Altador for the fifth year in a row. 

Firstly, welcome to the forums! ? I hope you enjoy your time here.

LOL Nice! This is my 7th in a row, 9th overall. I dread the next year's AC from the time the present AC ends until the new one begins. lol Yet I still play. I wish they would fix some of the responsiveness issues, it would make the game go faster and more smoothly.

I still play for a couple of reasons. 1) I like Maraqua and have only played for them, not counting when we all got to change teams as our teams were knocked out in the first 2 ACs so all the players could participate in the Finals. Then I didn't play until 2012's AC, (I was on a LONG Hiatus from Neopets), which brings us to this year's AC. It's a huge time commitment and I've only reached All-star once because I couldn't get time or in some years the motivation after a while, to get in all games necessary to reach All-star. YYB is the main game I play. Anyway, Reason 2) I like to see how much I've progressed from the previous year. Such as my goals per game average, and how many goals I can score in one game. Just got done with my 24th game of YYB for the AC with a score of 17-0. 3rd year in a row scoring that high and I think my 5th year total to do so. I know I had a Reason 3, but I guess I forgot it. lol Oh wait, I remember now. the Prizes!!!! In hopes a great new weapon will be released! :DBut affording it with Prize Points is hit or miss. lol How I wish they'd count goals for prize-shop points in some way. LOL I also enjoy the Staff Tournament. ? It's nice to just have to guess or figure out who's good and picking them. Plus some of us keep track of our rosters from last year so when the new staff tourney rolls around we can compare notes and decide who we want on our teams. There'll be a thread created when the staff tournament starts.

Good luck with your AC gaming and good luck to your team! ^_^

I've been a Neopian off and on since 2004. I actually started back up in 2013, chose Terror Mountain but didn't play a single game. Then, for the next five years, I've played with varying levels of commitment for Altador. Like you, I've only reached All-Star once, and that was more because I was playing every day after work. (Which probably isn't happening, because work is super busy right now.)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Staff Tournament, though. It's a great way of getting additional NP and some decent prizes. I look more for the wearables, since I have weapons that have been working just fine and dandy for me in the BD.

My big gripe is that this will interfere with other things, like my goal to earn a trophy for Usuki Frenzy. (Again, I have this tendency toward masochism.) But the prizes and the trophy make it all worthwhile. I just wish TNT would hurry the heck up and release the prizes for CC.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I've been a longtime viewer, but never signed up for the forums until now. ?

On 5/26/2019 at 6:13 PM, epona1 said:

Slushie Slinger is a time waster compared to the other three games. I personally find that YYB and Shootout Showdown are the best for hitting All-Star the most rapidly. I have a set number I play each day of each game. YYB and Shootout are far more efficient (and fun!) than the other two.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules

I'll be supporting Terror Mountain for the 9th time on my main account, 10th time if you include my side account, which i had to do last year because my main account was frozen for about a year and a half for no good reason. That first year, i almost went with Faerieland, but i chose Terror Mountain because Aishas are my favorite species (i love cats) and this team had/has one as a captain! I'm also a Cancer so i have an affinity for water and ice styles in games and such. I've achieved All Star rank 5 times; the first two times i didn't play so seriously, but the third time i fell into a groove....i believe that was the year Terror Mountain really broke through and went on that wicked 36-0-2 streak in Shootout Showdown. My best achievement was AC9, when i was crazy enough to quad max every single day, including off days (i'm never doing that again lol); the big prize that year was an Eventide paintbrush, which i used on my Aisha (and I am NEVER changing her color scheme again, despite how cool her other forms are ?) The last two years i had other things going on and didn't devote as much time to the AC but i'm back. It seems we've managed to find our footing in recent years and finally landed on the podium last year so i hope we can nab our first win soon. ?