Questions about Neopian Times

Fuyu Flowga

I always saw news on Neopets like these...

18th May

173859625_1558782570.png.5c912a5a840b3d5d7d08f3b46a0a29b3.png

April 29th

1587808197_1558782625.png.034f604662fa4a20a473100cbc9d7f5f.png

April 1st

2127383703_1558782683.png.0dcc7e2379277bef124fd245f5d7279e.png

February 25th

608162468_1558782766.png.8074cf0b2a0dca4ec4b01e7ad0f30b99.png

26th January

933099078_1558782887.png.bb77ad2a2478a6855da14027e2e9bbde.png

I wonder why there were always no Neopian Times published...is that means fewer and fewer people write articles that TNT couldn't create NT?

Also...

853633342_1558737265.thumb.png.eb29d2c6f6a58fd4f5598576c49c268e.png

I finished translated my Seekers story from Chinese to English and submitted my article about Seekers on Neopian Times a few hours ago,if they won't create new Neopian Times these days...will they ignore my article?:sad:

Honestly, this is one of the last straws for me. TNT can't seem to create a decent event without major bugs, they can't put out a simple newsletter once a week, they can't communicate with us at all anymore. They seem to want to punish us with each event - harder and harder with less reward, telling us we should've done this and that differently, like a bad boss who's bitter and doesn't give enough feedback. The NT not being out AGAIN this week is making me seriously consider leaving. It did change my mind about going premium, which I was intending to do Friday on my payday.

I'd like to say there should be a Neopian Times next week, but TNT has shown us that they will not meet our basic expectations time and time again. I would say there's definitely still a chance that your article will be published, but I would prepare for the possibility that it won't be.

Seems like they were sick last week and this week is a long weekend for them so I suppose it's bad timing. But I do agree with you that there is no excuse to not publish it each week. It appears to be something they leave to the last minute instead of taking 5 minutes each day to pick a question to answer, plus read a few of the entires, then have it ready to go (or mostly completed) for Friday.

Don't give up on your article and don't stop writing!!! It will make it in there eventually and all of us here cannot wait to read it ?

10 hours ago, cottontailcat said:

Honestly, this is one of the last straws for me. TNT can't seem to create a decent event without major bugs, they can't put out a simple newsletter once a week, they can't communicate with us at all anymore. They seem to want to punish us with each event - harder and harder with less reward, telling us we should've done this and that differently, like a bad boss who's bitter and doesn't give enough feedback. The NT not being out AGAIN this week is making me seriously consider leaving. It did change my mind about going premium, which I was intending to do Friday on my payday.

I'd like to say there should be a Neopian Times next week, but TNT has shown us that they will not meet our basic expectations time and time again. I would say there's definitely still a chance that your article will be published, but I would prepare for the possibility that it won't be.

Umm...that sounds sad...are you disppointed to TNT?

Many of my friends who played Neopets were disppointed now.

They said that is was more and more...boring.

If my article won't be published,I will put it on DA.

6 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Seems like they were sick last week and this week is a long weekend for them so I suppose it's bad timing. But I do agree with you that there is no excuse to not publish it each week. It appears to be something they leave to the last minute instead of taking 5 minutes each day to pick a question to answer, plus read a few of the entires, then have it ready to go (or mostly completed) for Friday.

Don't give up on your article and don't stop writing!!! It will make it in there eventually and all of us here cannot wait to read i?

Thank you for supporting me!!:biggrin:

Do you like Seekers as well,because it seems like you are excited,maybe you have interest on them?^_^

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

11 hours ago, Fuyu Flowga said:

I always saw news on Neopets like these...

18th May

173859625_1558782570.png.5c912a5a840b3d5d7d08f3b46a0a29b3.png

April 29th

1587808197_1558782625.png.034f604662fa4a20a473100cbc9d7f5f.png

April 1st

2127383703_1558782683.png.0dcc7e2379277bef124fd245f5d7279e.png

February 25th

608162468_1558782766.png.8074cf0b2a0dca4ec4b01e7ad0f30b99.png

26th January

933099078_1558782887.png.bb77ad2a2478a6855da14027e2e9bbde.png

I wonder why there were always no Neopian Times published...is that means fewer and fewer people write articles that TNT couldn't create NT?

Also...

853633342_1558737265.thumb.png.eb29d2c6f6a58fd4f5598576c49c268e.png

I finished translated my Seekers story from Chinese to English and submitted my article about Seekers on Neopian Times a few hours ago,if they won't create new Neopian Times these days...will they ignore my article?:sad:

someone on the neoboards said they got accepted and even had the trophy on their userlookup , yet their submission never appeared in the NT (at least not yet)

i honestly don't know what's going on with them .. there is definitely NO lack of submissions ...

good luck , i hope you get accepted so I can read it :) 

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

someone on the neoboards said they got accepted and even had the trophy on their userlookup , yet their submission never appeared in the NT (at least not yet)

i honestly don't know what's going on with them .. there is definitely NO lack of submissions ...

good luck , i hope you get accepted so I can read it :) 

If they won't accept my story,may I show you my DA link?I will put my story there.

2 hours ago, Fuyu Flowga said:

If they won't accept my story,may I show you my DA link?I will put my story there.

If you want to get into the NT I suggest maybe you wait and see if your story is accepted before posting it elsewhere. TNT may think you plagiarized it or something as it's posted elsewhere. Just something to think about.

23 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

If you want to get into the NT I suggest maybe you wait and see if your story is accepted before posting it elsewhere. TNT may think you plagiarized it or something as it's posted elsewhere. Just something to think about.

I didn't post my article anywhere else,however...if they won't accept my article a long time,I will give up and sumbit it on DA.

In fact,I saw someone sumbit her story on DA...after her story was accepted by NT,nothing happened to her,so I decided to submit it on DA if it is on NT.

On 5/26/2019 at 12:47 AM, Angeló said:

good luck , i hope you get accepted so I can read it ?

999690620_1558908927.png.3398ed21dfb60fdf4682e11a5dd7b5e1.png

I saw the news today...

However...when I click the newest NT link...there was no newest NT on it...how strange.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.

13 hours ago, Fuyu Flowga said:

I didn't post my article anywhere else,however...if they won't accept my article a long time,I will give up and sumbit it on DA.

If they accepted it or didn't .. in both cases you get a letter

so if it didn't get in , i'd love to read it on DA (that's Deviant Art , right ??) :) 

3 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

They probably mislabeled it like they did a few weeks ago. *sigh*

Can't wait to read your entry!

Umm...I am glad you support me but...TNT didn't post me a letter...that means...my article won't show on the newest NT...I'm sorry.:sad:

But I still hope they will pick it up...maybe next NT?Who knows?

If you want to read it,I can sumbit it on DA and show you the link,what do you think?

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

If they accepted it or didn't .. in both cases you get a letter

so if it didn't get in , i'd love to read it on DA (that's Deviant Art , right ??) ?

I didn't get a letter...how sad.

You wanna read it right now?Maybe...I mean...maybe they have enough articles to creat new NT so they decided to put my article on the next NT?

If you want,I can show you the link.

Oh wait...you said that if they didn't accept,I will still get a letter?

But...nothing in my neomail,no one sent me letters.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.

19 minutes ago, Fuyu Flowga said:

I didn't get a letter...how sad.

You wanna read it right now?Maybe...I mean...maybe they have enough articles to creat new NT so they decided to put my article on the next NT?

If you want,I can show you the link.

Oh wait...you said that if they didn't accept,I will still get a letter?

But...nothing in my neomail,no one sent me letters.

it can take up to 10 days - 2 weeks to get Neomail from TNT

you won't get a letter today or tomorrow because they are out of office on holiday (i believe it's Memorial Day in the USA)

just be patient .. it once took them a month to respond to my submission .. it all depends on how busy there are 

24 minutes ago, Angeló said:

you won't get a letter today or tomorrow because they are out of office on holiday (i believe it's Memorial Day in the USA)

just be patient .. it once took them a month to respond to my submission .. it all depends on how busy there are 

Thank you Angeló.

Did you write Seekers stories as well?:)

1 hour ago, Fuyu Flowga said:

Thank you Angeló.

Did you write Seekers stories as well?:)

I wrote articles , you can read them on this link :) 

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=search&keywords=darkobsession

13 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I wrote articles , you can read them on this link :) 

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=search&keywords=darkobsession

Whoa!How amazing they are!!I admire you that TNT picked up your stories many times!!

I hope you will understand my English if TNT pick up my article.

5 hours ago, Fuyu Flowga said:

Whoa!How amazing they are!!I admire you that TNT picked up your stories many times!!

I hope you will understand my English if TNT pick up my article.

Don't worry .. I'm sure I will :) 

Your English is good 

On 5/27/2019 at 8:19 AM, Angeló said:

Now I saw the newest NT...my article wasn't picked up.?:(

I have no chance anymore?:(

1 hour ago, Fuyu Flowga said:

Now I saw the newest NT...my article wasn't picked up.?:(

I have no chance anymore?:(

of course there's a chance

these are all backed-up articles from a while ago because they haven't published the NT regularly in about a month or more

be patient .. they'll get to your submission and neomail you .. as long as they didn't neomail you (Yes or No) it means they didn't read it yet 

if it's a NO , they will give you reasons as well

On 5/30/2019 at 12:09 AM, Angeló said:

of course there's a chance

these are all backed-up articles from a while ago because they haven't published the NT regularly in about a month or more

be patient .. they'll get to your submission and neomail you .. as long as they didn't neomail you (Yes or No) it means they didn't read it yet 

if it's a NO , they will give you reasons as well

They replied me yesterday...:sad:

440521844_1559781703.png.5b4d95d2c8d3ed7e4ff21fde04dfe515.png

I tried to put my story one more time...to the correct category.

I still have a chance?Or...not?

Yes, you still have a chance. You'll just have to wait again for a reply. I hope you get in!

That reason for not accepting it was a bit... I can't dig the right word out of my brain; it keeps offering up obtuse but I don't think that's right. Along the right lines though maybe. ?‍♀️

If all it says it that, without indicating which is the right category... that's bureaucracy for you, right there. ?

13 hours ago, Fuyu Flowga said:

They replied me yesterday...:sad:

440521844_1559781703.png.5b4d95d2c8d3ed7e4ff21fde04dfe515.png

I tried to put my story one more time...to the correct category.

I still have a chance?Or...not?

You probably sent it as an Article .. it's ok .. just a normal mistake

Of course you still have a chance ... I hope you get in this time

On 6/6/2019 at 10:35 PM, Angeló said:

You probably sent it as an Article .. it's ok .. just a normal mistake

Of course you still have a chance ... I hope you get in this time

Yes...I sent it as an Article...but I sent it as a story in the second time.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:12 PM, jellysundae said:

That reason for not accepting it was a bit... I can't dig the right word out of my brain; it keeps offering up obtuse but I don't think that's right. Along the right lines though maybe. ?‍♀️

If all it says it that, without indicating which is the right category... that's bureaucracy for you, right there. ?<span>

It just said that...without indicating which is the right category...and,what do you mean,"bureaucracy"?

10 hours ago, Fuyu Flowga said:

It just said that...without indicating which is the right category...and,what do you mean,"bureaucracy"?

Bureaucracy is a term used more for this kind of unhelpful behaviour from local authorities and governments and so on. They're well-trained at telling you you've done something wrong  - when submitting a form for something for example - but not giving any hint as to what that was, which is just what TNT did here.

Well, to be fair they did say it was the wrong category, not just reject it with no reason why at all. So I was being a little unfair to them in my judgment. ? But hopefully submitting as a story will be right and you'll get accepted this time around.

Good luck! :D