Faerie Draik Customization Help

Hello, I am a bit stuck on my customization for my main pet. This is my current planned outfit: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1851108

I'm going for an ethereal ice theme and trying to match up the colors. First, should I add another color to the scheme for the contrast? Second, what could I put on the shoulders and the neck to make it less bare? And finally, are the Ghostly Blue Gloves a better fit than the Altador Cup Wristbands?

Thanks for reading, and I look forwards to any feedback for my design! :)

Ooh, she's really nicely done!

That's a very pretty dress... excuse me a moment while I let my Draik try it on. :ph34r:

Well that looks lovely.

medium_preview.png

Good thing you can't see she's being a total tom-boy and got her jeans on still underneath it? ? Just gonna totally out ya here, missy! https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1851128

I can see why you used the necklace; while the dress's neckline is very pretty, the Draik scales don't look so good with it, do they. So my girl got to keep her scarf on, which she is particularly attached to!

I think the gloves you have your girl wearing are far more fitting that the AC wristbands, those are way too casual, and not pretty enough, the gloves help mitigate some of the bareness that's bothering you, too.

I'm guessing your problem with the shoulders is gonna be things going too far the other way and her ending up looking bundled up and too much of the rest of the outfit being covered...

That winter cloak you've got in the closet there certainly looks lovely on, but it does change the vibe of the outfit doesn't it, it's too heavy for the ethereal look you're going for. I see it doesn't un-equip the cape, what layer's that on then... ah, backpack, that's handy, though only partly as it's collar too, hmmm. ? Your options are limited, aren't they!

image.png.d42e43c3feb4e325ae23a781d5260769.png I guess the addition of this works.

medium_preview.png   vs.  medium_preview.png

Though not in a particularly good way if you ask me, lol, it just covers too much up. You want something that just softens the shoulder/neck area without hiding the dress, don't you. If you could take a pair of scissors to the ties and the bits of the cape that obscure the front of the dress it'd work well. >_<

I dunno about another colour, but a little more of the darker tones for balance and contrast wouldn't hurt I don't suppose, but does the right item exist?? More importantly, does it not un-equip any of what she's got on... probably not! I don't think it's actually necessary though, she looks great as she is. ?

Yeah that's my rambling, dunno if I've been any kind of help, lol, but you have a very pretty girl there, no matter what. :D

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah that's my rambling, dunno if I've been any kind of help, lol, but you have a very pretty girl there, no matter what. :D

I appreciate all the input! The fresh perspective from hiatus helped me make some of the latest changes, so I really appreciate all of your critique. The winter cloak was actually part of the old outfit, and when I found the Lighted Spring Dress (released after starting hiatus), it snowballed from there to that design.

The Golden Shimmer Cape is such a great find! ? And I agree with you - it softens the shoulders but obscures the dress. A shame, as I also really like the second layer it makes over the cape.

I love your Draik too! The bright and vibrant colors really stand out! I wish I could have a bit of that energy without breaking theme. ? The combination of the wig and eyes is hilarious and creative - your Draik has such a sly face without the wig! I guess it takes that kind of personality to wear jeans under a dress haha!

I've done a bit of tweaking based off of your general advice: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1851269

I was thinking about switching back to the Operatic Star Gloves, but then I found the Shining Princess Gloves.

I'm also considering replacing the Sparkler. Is the Shimmery Snowflake Wand too muted?

And finally, I think necklaces might be where I want to make a contrast. The Coral Statement Necklace was one that stood out to me because it looks like additional snowflakes. I was also experimenting with gold and other complementary pieces... but do you think that the dress's collar is the necklace I should focus on?

11 minutes ago, carlyle said:

your Draik has such a sly face without the wig!

Sly? SLY?! She is sweetness and innocence personified! :ph34r:

She looks like a Gremlin without her hair on. ?

Seriously though, those contacts are a bit/lot of an anomaly with Draiks, I mean they're not called Angry Meepit Eyes for nothing, they make every other pet look like RAWR!!! So why they're all "who, me?" *flutters lashes* for Draiks is totally weird but I love it because I don't like their eyes.

AH! Now I tried that Winter Princess cape on her! But I'd run out of brain-power for stuff to say at that point so I just submitted what I's already said. Works well though, doesn't it. ?

The Wand is a bit non-noticable, isn't it, it looks a bit empty in that space compared to the sparkler.

It's gotta be daunting finding out all the new items you've missed while you've been away! But also fun? Getting lost on DTI is something we all do, lol.

How far have you pushed yourself with this? Nothing's working quite as you want right now so why not throw caution to the wind and try something a bit out there and see if you surprise yourself? Work some bright pink into it or something, lol. Though you wondering about that coral necklace shows you're halfway there already. ? That necklace looks fab too, blue and orange being BFFs on the colour wheel.

I'm just gonna be a troll now and suggest this for adding some energy... https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1851302

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

How far have you pushed yourself with this? Nothing's working quite as you want right now so why not throw caution to the wind and try something a bit out there and see if you surprise yourself? Work some bright pink into it or something, lol. Though you wondering about that coral necklace shows you're halfway there already. ? That necklace looks fab too, blue and orange being BFFs on the colour wheel.

Maybe the Coral Statement Necklace isn't the best fit because it obscures the dress. Perhaps I should put emphasis near the eyes instead of the neck:

https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1851625

As to how far I have pushed myself with this, hard to say. Not sure how much effort others put in their outfits, but there are still new pieces I can try. However, I am not sure what's next after that make-up. I think additional contrast would start detracting from the outfit.

Well my immediate reaction to the make-up was, "OOOH!!" I'd not even thought of make-up but that looks rather nice because it's contrast; and that energy you're looking for, but it's not overpowering, is it. :D

I'm wondering about tail ornamentation... *takes a look* something in a cool colour palette would look good. Hmm, doesn't look like there is anything.