Clothes Missing

flaca143

I just spent 500K + on a 2007 dress, so you can imagine how hard it was to find and as I mentioned expensive.  I put all the rest of the outfit in the closet and only the dress is missing.  It's not in my SDB, gallery or shop.  I'm totally freaking out.  I'm not even close to maxing out to my space in the closet.  Please help

Did you move the dress to the closet with the other items, or did you never even see it in your inventory? Any chance it's an NC item and is still at the bottom part of your inventory?

51 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Any chance it's an NC item and is still at the bottom part of your inventory?

Oh gosh, I've been caught out by THAT!! :blush02:

Other things could be: a random event took it, you donated it to Charity Corner by accident or the dress is only wearable by a specific species that you don't have. 

What was the dress?

It was for my Xweetok. A Xweetok Popstar Dress (2007 item) so it was heavily priced so i'm doubly bummed.  Never had that happen to me.  I've looked for it everywhere.... Only left to think that I donated it by mistake? But I can't believe I did because the other two things that I bought along with it I did just fine and slowly took my time and they ended up in my closet.... 

I guess you searched right through your actual closet for it?

I just noticed it's on the jacket layer rather than the dress so it wouldn't be where you'd expect it to be when you customise. But a few dresses are on that layer so it's not like you're not gonna be aware of that. I'm just grasping at straws here because it's an inexplicable lose. ?

i think i should chip in here too... before the CC came and took literally ALL my time, i was just starting to reorganize my DTI 'closet,' and i noticed at least one item seems to have completely vanished from my account... my lists said i had three copies of 'Candlelight by the Sea,' but when i went to use one, there were none at all. its not in my Closet or SDB, and i dont remember trading away one copy of it, let alone THREE. im worried it may be some kind of 'pets stuck in the pound' thing, where items dont show up at all because of some glitch... CC is taking all my time so i cant find out if im missing anything else, but its..... a pretty worrying thought. =(

@evervast Could be something like an active item being moved to a different layer? That kind of thing can cause problems; I guess gives the item some kind of coding existential crisis... but I'd have thought cache-clearing and so on would fix things like that.

As you say, this is worrying. ._.

4 hours ago, evervast said:

i think i should chip in here too... before the CC came and took literally ALL my time, i was just starting to reorganize my DTI 'closet,' and i noticed at least one item seems to have completely vanished from my account... my lists said i had three copies of 'Candlelight by the Sea,' but when i went to use one, there were none at all. its not in my Closet or SDB, and i dont remember trading away one copy of it, let alone THREE. im worried it may be some kind of 'pets stuck in the pound' thing, where items dont show up at all because of some glitch... CC is taking all my time so i cant find out if im missing anything else, but its..... a pretty worrying thought. =(

I definitely have heard of this happening to some NC items disappearing but not with NP items like OPs. You should send a ticket about it imo. 

Sorry guys to have been gone so long, it was mother's day w/end and all.  Turns out that I found it, I rebought it ? (the dress) which now I'm stuck with, because I found in my closet only when I found after I bought the second one. It was only to be found because I have to look under "all" to find her lipstick, so there it was under "all" if and only and after when I searched under "all" I had bought the second dress as well. Because I had searched under every category as well if all this makes sense. So now I put in my shop a very expensive dress that most likely wont be sold, although I put it at a competitive price, so as long I get some money back. So there is my mystery solved.  Thank you all for your input. I think it can be coding. But it is permanent bc it did it to a second item as well. ?

You WILL be able to re-coup the majority of your money though ? Don't list it for too much less than you paid for it.

I wonder... did you try looking for it via the closet link on its page on JN? https://items.jellyneo.net/item/26568/

If you didn't, you could maybe try it and see if that works, I think stuff doesn't show up in closet searches if it's equiped thought so your girl would need to take it off to try it out. If it did work it would be a super handy work-around to remember if this happens again though. :D

• 2 years later...

So i got a few clothes from the second hand shop (i didn't have any money)
I  immediately went into my inventory and shifted my clothes to my closet
But i still can't find them
i shifted the clothes back to my inventory and put them in my closet again
But i still can't find them
I searched everywhere
Help

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant, please create a new topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED.

• Duma locked this topic