Charity Corner 2019 Begins!

hrtbrk

9 hours ago, bonnie_morrison said:

is anybody having trouble with the NC item donations? I bought 3 clutter boxes, added 3 items, and went to the page, clicked the handle but nothing happened. I've had no trouble donating NP items. It does give me the message asking if I'm sure I want to donate the items, I've clicked yes, but it doesn't do anything.

found I had to open an incognito window in Chrome to get it to work

I used Firefox for mine and had no issue. I've heard reports of Chrome being a bit fussy with Charity Corner this year. Glad you got it to work!

I have tried reading through the comments to see if I could find someone having the same issue as I am but I haven't seen anything. When I click on my 10 items it shows I have 10 items to discard so I ckick discard items. When I get to the hub page it shows only 9 items to discard. It doesn't matter if I discard 7 items it will show 7 items to discard and then again the hub page shows 6. Any number of items is coming up 1 less than I discard. I also tried to discard a single item and it will not show up at all when I get to the hub page. I tried to refresh the page thinking it would give me the points although it didn't show up but there is no extra points for the single item. I have finished discarding all of the bulk items in my SDBand I have written down each item, how many and the name of the item so I have a detailed list of every thing I discarded. It shows I have a total of 10400 points but the number would be much higher if I received the amount of points I actually discarded. Tomorrow I am going to go through each discarded item and figure out how many points I amactually missing and will update this post. I have read that you will get all the points for the discarded items, but when?

42 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

I have tried reading through the comments to see if I could find someone having the same issue as I am but I haven't seen anything. When I click on my 10 items it shows I have 10 items to discard so I ckick discard items. When I get to the hub page it shows only 9 items to discard. It doesn't matter if I discard 7 items it will show 7 items to discard and then again the hub page shows 6. Any number of items is coming up 1 less than I discard. I also tried to discard a single item and it will not show up at all when I get to the hub page. I tried to refresh the page thinking it would give me the points although it didn't show up but there is no extra points for the single item. I have finished discarding all of the bulk items in my SDBand I have written down each item, how many and the name of the item so I have a detailed list of every thing I discarded. It shows I have a total of 10400 points but the number would be much higher if I received the amount of points I actually discarded. Tomorrow I am going to go through each discarded item and figure out how many points I amactually missing and will update this post. I have read that you will get all the points for the discarded items, but when?

I was wondering if anyone else would do this (my mum did it too, and I thought her line of thinking made a lot of sense), but the "discard" option in the dropdown is not related to the Charity Corner. After you've clicked the 'I don't need it' button for 10 items, go directly to the CC page to pull the lever to donate them. You don't need the dropdown at all. Discarding items through the dropdown will actually discard them, instead of donating them to the CC. (Which explains why the total of items on the hub page is always one less than you thought you had; the discard option only discards one item at the time (the item displayed in the pop-up at that moment), so the others will be taken to the hub page, while that one was discarded.) So, I'm sorry, but you won't get any points for any items you discarded using the dropdown. ?

On 5/12/2019 at 3:43 AM, Nielo said:

I was wondering if anyone else would do this (my mum did it too, and I thought her line of thinking made a lot of sense), but the "discard" option in the dropdown is not related to the Charity Corner. After you've clicked the 'I don't need it' button for 10 items, go directly to the CC page to pull the lever to donate them. You don't need the dropdown at all. Discarding items through the dropdown will actually discard them, instead of donating them to the CC. (Which explains why the total of items on the hub page is always one less than you thought you had; the discard option only discards one item at the time (the item displayed in the pop-up at that moment), so the others will be taken to the hub page, while that one was discarded.) So, I'm sorry, but you won't get any points for any items you discarded using the dropdown. ?

Then in that case I screwed myself out of about 3500 points. Thanks for explaining this though and I still have a little more than 7000 items in the SDB so I'm off to try to do this the right way with my remaining items. Glad to know I wasn't the only one writing everything down.

UPDATE : I managed to do it the correct way and I am up to 12511 with more than 6300 items left to donate I should end up with enough for the Bank and Stock Boons which are the 2 things I wanted. so I'm glad I posted when I did and found out what I was doing wrong. You probably saved me from not achieving my goals.

Oh my.  I have 3,700 points, and the things I want (when combined) cost 18,500 ?  Guess I need to figure out if it's worth it to buy that many np worth of stuff to get those things.  Though one of them IS bank bribery, so I'll make some of it back at least.

35 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

Oh my.  I have 3,700 points, and the things I want (when combined) cost 18,500 ?  Guess I need to figure out if it's worth it to buy that many np worth of stuff to get those things.  Though one of them IS bank bribery, so I'll make some of it back at least.

As @Robin Hood pointed out (and I'd kind of forgotten, so thank you!) buying an r100 Sticky Snowball (25 NP) from the Healing Springs every 30 minutes helps. :D

I'm definitely doing that.  Well, trying to at least.  I keep forgetting to check the screen ?  I have gotten a couple of lime elixirs from the healing portion of it as well, though.  

Edit:  I hope the new system, whenever they get that up and going, is quicker than this one. . .  I've got 4,600 points now. . . Eesh.  But I did find one (possibly abandoned?) shop with about 100 1 point items at 20 np each.  Score!

21 minutes ago, teprometo said:

I keep getting Error 404 on the new item discard checklist. Maybe I need to wait another day for them to get all the kinks ironed out.

I'm getting that too sometimes, it's annoying, but when I click back on my browser and click declutter again, it will work

Oh, lol. Item checklist? Has this been and gone already?

I've just tried to donate and got the normal way, but oooh, 15 items now, yay!

Oh, butttttt - in very true TNT fashion - whilst the max number says 15, you can only put 10 in the tray... ?

*leaves it for a bit*

Ok, now it's letting me put more in... :ph34r:

THEY FINALLY DID IT!!!!! :happydance:

This is how it should've been all along, it's too little too late for me though, I already got enough for the perk I wanted.

The new checklist can be found here if anyone is having trouble finding it. It's a huge improvement :D

Hello hello~ I still haven't had time to stop by here as often as I used to, but I figured I would poke my head in while the event is happening.

I'm at 22k points and counting...will probably end up around 26k. That Perk Me Up thing better be worth it! The checklist  has made a huge difference. I was feeling pretty burnt out (and my wrist was starting to hurt from the clicking lol) but I think I'll manage to get the last of my items in by the end of the week. Hope everyone is having fun and that the prizes are what we're all hoping for!

39 minutes ago, Emily said:

The new checklist can be found here if anyone is having trouble finding it. It's a huge improvement :D

That's GREAT! Thank you! Where actually IS it though? Is it not linked anywhere on Neo?! Or am I just being blind as per usual. xD

10 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Hello hello~ I still haven't had time to stop by here as often as I used to, but I figured I would poke my head in while the event is happening.

I'm at 22k points and counting...will probably end up around 26k. That Perk Me Up thing better be worth it! The checklist  has made a huge difference. I was feeling pretty burnt out (and my wrist was starting to hurt from the clicking lol) but I think I'll manage to get the last of my items in by the end of the week. Hope everyone is having fun and that the prizes are what we're all hoping for!

Hellooo!!! *waves madly*

Having just this second discovered the checklist thanks to Emily, (oh, wait, aren't you Emily too?!) I'm AGOG to try it! :dance:

58 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

That's GREAT! Thank you! Where actually IS it though? Is it not linked anywhere on Neo?! Or am I just being blind as per usual. xD

I think they made it in a bit of a rush, and only considered functionality, not its placement in the Neo world.

But it's great, and I love it! :D This is sooooooo much better. I might actually get through my SDB before the CC ends, which I didn't think I would, considering how slow everything was.

3 minutes ago, Angeló said:

what's the difference between "declutter" and "take these to Atsumi" ? 

Declutter donates the items and gives you the points without going to Atsumi to pull the lever.

I am about to be at 22K. I only plan on purchasing the bank interest and the rest is going to the perk me up. I am really curious what this Can I Keep It? perk gives..

2 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I will visit her occasionally

She's kinda cool to talk to while waiting for the level of doom (wait , that's another one) 

Yeah I do feel kind of sorry for her, suddenly abandoned! I wonder if she's going to get to do anything else, or if she's just basically a throw-away character.

Well I've just hit 18k points. :D

Thankfully I saw a tip on the boards about using the tab key, so yay!

Check the first box, then hit tab + space 15 times, click yes in the pop up to declutter; rinse and repeat!

I wonder how many of the people who were spitting acid before about how awful TNT are and how they don't care, and them making such a TERRIBLE donation method proves they don't care. (wut? but yeah, I saw people saying this) are now frantically donating as fast as they can, despite having previously complained about the perks. >_<

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah I do feel kind of sorry for her, suddenly abandoned! I wonder if she's going to get to do anything else, or if she's just basically a throw-away character.

At least she isn't like this truly Abandoned Neopian. I feel sad for her, and do visit, on occasion, just to say "Hi!":

ghost_shop.gif

Back to donating! Thanks for the links! I just might be able to make my CC goals, yet!

6 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

At least she isn't like this truly Abandoned Neopian. I feel sad for her, and do visit, on occasion, just to say "Hi!":

ghost_shop.gif

So true! I shall drop in there now on my way to bed. :D