Charity Corner 2019 Begins!

hrtbrk

Even with the "click ten times" feature it still took about 3 minutes for me to donate 10 items (all those slow animations and having to load six different screens). Come on Neo! That is turtle speed compared to quick stock. I might not be able to get all of the boons that I want just because I don't have time to click all 12,000 items I want to donate. I raspberry at you!

Am I the only one who feels this donation process is one of the most painful things ever enacted on this site? I keep following directions, but nothing is working. I mean, for the love of god, they could make this process WAY easier and less steps, 

9 hours ago, splitting said:

Do we know yet which avatars are part of the perks? It says to check the FAQ but I don't see it on there unless I'm completely overlooking a whole section....

I looked in the "FAQs" too, but couldn't see them listed, either. Was hoping to find out. I have all of the "clickable" avatars, so it would be nice to know if it is only for those, so then I could figure out if I'd need to donate for more points, or not.

@hrtbrk I'm not sure if this is a bug or what. But I just donated 10 Outdoor Pirate Flags, rarity 90, and only got 10 points. Also, last night I donated 10 Virtupets Energy Sabres, rarity 89, and also only got 10 points. By the math in the guide, I should have gotten 60 points for the flags, and 20 points for the Sabres.

Do you think this might be a bug on Neo's end? Any advice?

11 hours ago, wolfish_willow said:

Looks like the ten clicks trick doesn't work anymore? Or at least it isn't for me. It would be kind of annoying if that's a glitch or something they decided to "fix", getting rid of a slightly quicker way to get stuff donated. It's just going to take so darn long...

Yeah, it no longer works for me too ?

13 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

Even with the "click ten times" feature it still took about 3 minutes for me to donate 10 items (all those slow animations and having to load six different screens). Come on Neo! That is turtle speed compared to quick stock. I might not be able to get all of the boons that I want just because I don't have time to click all 12,000 items I want to donate. I raspberry at you!

Out of interest I just timed myself and it took 2 mins 13 seconds for me, no speed records for either of us then! The machine animation is a pain isn't it ? How are you doing things with having to load 6 different screens? I think I shaved a bit of time off because I keep the same item window open and have it refresh itself rather than add/shut down that window then click on next item.

Also, I don't wait for the button to change to wait I think I'll keep it, I click it, wait a second or so then click the next item in my inventory, then hover over the button until the count beneath it goes up by 1 (usually only another second) before clicking again and go back and forth like that. Works pretty well as long as I do give it that second's pause between pressing the button and clicking on the next item.

12 hours ago, wolfish_willow said:

Looks like the ten clicks trick doesn't work anymore? Or at least it isn't for me. It would be kind of annoying if that's a glitch or something they decided to "fix", getting rid of a slightly quicker way to get stuff donated. It's just going to take so darn long...

Yeah, they stopped that from working pretty quickly yesterday.

4 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

@hrtbrk I'm not sure if this is a bug or what. But I just donated 10 Outdoor Pirate Flags, rarity 90, and only got 10 points. Also, last night I donated 10 Virtupets Energy Sabres, rarity 89, and also only got 10 points. By the math in the guide, I should have gotten 60 points for the flags, and 20 points for the Sabres.

Do you think this might be a bug on Neo's end? Any advice?

I'd not call it a bug exactly as it's not actually affecting your points, call it a quirk, lol. It just shows as 10 if you give 10 of the same item, regardless of the actual points earned. (also 9 if you inadvertently give just 9, as I just found out, lol). You are getting the right amount of points though as you'll see if you do some timely refreshing before clicking the orange button. ?

The website is loading so slowly because of Charity Corner that I don't even feel motivated to do my dailies. I bought stocks, spun Trudy's, and collected my bank interest, then I hopped off. This event is begging for an overhaul. Neopets has been around for two decades now, they should have properly run events. I probably sound bitter, but come on. Having every web page on the site slowed to a halt is not the best way to do this.

I just spent hours using the JN SDB Price Checker to identify which junk items I wouldn't mind donating to the CC. And it only totaled up to about 1800+ points :(

I guess I'll skip this year's CC and keep the junks for next year. At least I got the avatar.. so I am happy with that~

On a brighter note, I found valuable items in my SDB that I didn't know I have! Like a Magical Asparagus Chia Pop. I might use that on one of my pets one day.. lol

To everyone who is still donating: DON'T GIVE UP!!! :rambo:

I'm trying with CC open in another WINDOW.

I wondered if by doing that, rather than just going to another tab after pulling the lever, I'd not have the issue of the machine animation stopping once I navigate away from the page, and after one trial it seems to work...

20 hours ago, acmerasta said:

I've been trying to donate since yesterday but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Nothing happens when I click the yellow button. ?

22 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

Update: Donations work for me in Internet Explorer but not Chrome. *rolls eyes*

It's weird that it doesn't work for you on Chrome - but just to check, you wrote nothing happens after clicking the yellow button, but you did actually pull the lever to donate, right?

14 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I looked in the "FAQs" too, but couldn't see them listed, either. Was hoping to find out. I have all of the "clickable" avatars, so it would be nice to know if it is only for those, so then I could figure out if I'd need to donate for more points, or not.

I think they just copied that bit from last year, when they did show up in the FAQs, so I'm assuming it'll be pretty much the same list as last year as well.

6 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

The website is loading so slowly because of Charity Corner that I don't even feel motivated to do my dailies. I bought stocks, spun Trudy's, and collected my bank interest, then I hopped off. This event is begging for an overhaul. Neopets has been around for two decades now, they should have properly run events. I probably sound bitter, but come on. Having every web page on the site slowed to a halt is not the best way to do this.

Unfortunately, slow webpages are a side effect of increased traffic to said webpages. The servers just aren't equipped to handle this much activity, and the website slows down a lot. It's annoying, but also very common, and probably not something they're going to want to get extra server space for.

18 minutes ago, Nielo said:

It's weird that it doesn't work for you on Chrome - but just to check, you wrote nothing happens after clicking the yellow button, but you did actually pull the lever to donate, right?

It didn't even get that far. When I click the yellow button in chrome, literally nothing happens. the number of items doesn't increase from zero, the pop up window doesn't refresh, nothing. The machine on the donate page also remains empty. 

8 minutes ago, splitting said:

Did everyone see this post on the site events neoboard?:

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159965141

"Simplifying the discard system"  and increasing the number of items per donation from 10 to 15 or more

That's fantastic!

Full message -

image.png.51eb53b1f2ed38223645be44db2c654c.png

I'm SOOO glad they're actually able to do something to make things easier, and in a timely fashion too, to calm the huge waves of vitriol that are flooding the boards right now.

15 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Looks like the FAQ has been updated to list the avatars now!

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2019/perks/faq.phtml

I don't have time to look through them atm to see if any non-clickables are hidden in there Looks like I only need the other royal korbat

Edited by splitting
Update so I'm not spamming

Oh... I see a bit of goal-post moving has gone on here...

The percentage reductions of people's left-over points from last year's a bit of a ... um... [insert word not appropriate for this forum] move, isn't it...

The rest of that's too much text for my brain to be able to compute right now.

Update:  So now the machine doesn't load in Explorer but I can load items to it in in Explorer. I then go back to Chrome to pull the lever and discard. I'm tired. 

A most tedious achievement.

Something Has Happened!
charitycorner2019.gif You are now eligible to use 'Charity Corner 2019' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

1 hour ago, acmerasta said:

It didn't even get that far. When I click the yellow button in chrome, literally nothing happens. the number of items doesn't increase from zero, the pop up window doesn't refresh, nothing. The machine on the donate page also remains empty. 

Weird! Maybe some add-on is preventing the button from working.

Anyway, now that you apparently have to use 2 browsers to make this work: have you tried Firefox? That's the browser I've been using and I haven't had any issues.