Overpowered codes?

So, with a great amount of reluctance and a huge heap of desperation to attain Party Tasseled Garland (sigh) I purchased a few Overpowered items on Saturday night. I received confirmation of my order but no codes. I emailed them and have not gotten a response. Do the codes come with the actual items? I was under the impression that you bought the stuff and an email was sent to you containing the codes? I'm probably just being impatient (it is only Tuesday) but at what point should I attempt to contact them again?

I don't mean to be the barer of bad news but are you able to cancel your order? Some people ordered items back in June or July of 2018 and still haven't received them, heard back from Custom Service or gotten their money back. 

To make matters worse, people found the owner on LinkedIn and it sounds like Overpowered may not be around for much longer (but I'm not sure how accurate that is)

Oh man, they still haven't got their shizz together? I feel the same way hrtbrk does, sadly. ?  It's a real shame Overpowered are such a massive failure at everything, because a lot of the prize code items are really nice.

A whole lot of them are skyrocketing in price, I see. ?

BgqVlJk.jpg

Neo's economy is enough of a mess as it is without these guys helping it along in this way... I notice the resounding silence from TNT with regard to Overpowered these days, too... do they think if they pretend it never happened it'll all just go away?

I ordered some items from Overpowered and although the items I ordered were on back order I did receive them. I also was promised codes when I ordered and they came in my email. Then I had originally ordered I was told I would get double the codes which would be 8 but only received 4. I emailed them and was promptly sent another 6 codesand was told they were sorry about the oversight and here is a couple of extra codes. I had no idea they were having problems and would be sorry to see them shut down. I don't know what Linkedin is so I'm going to ask a dumb question... What does it mean when you say the owner was found on Linkedin? Is that a bad website or something? Should the owner not be on that website?

No, Linkedin is fine; it's just that it's where you post your profile to get job offers, implying the person is looking elsewhere for work. I think Overpowered collapsed under the weight of too many orders from the sound of it. Shame, because the items were cute. TNT really should speak up on the matter and not link to them.

5 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

I ordered some items from Overpowered and although the items I ordered were on back order I did receive them. I also was promised codes when I ordered and they came in my email. Then I had originally ordered I was told I would get double the codes which would be 8 but only received 4. I emailed them and was promptly sent another 6 codesand was told they were sorry about the oversight and here is a couple of extra codes. I had no idea they were having problems and would be sorry to see them shut down. I don't know what Linkedin is so I'm going to ask a dumb question... What does it mean when you say the owner was found on Linkedin? Is that a bad website or something? Should the owner not be on that website?

Think facebook but for professional world, I have one for networking.  It is not bad to have a linkedin, but if his account was found, posting about problems, or with a different position it could look bad.  

When I bought my pin, I got it promptly, and got the two codes promised with it but it seems like they have been having problems ever since. 

EDIT: got curious, went investigating on reddit, found the linkedin thing.  The CEO/creator left Overpowered.  That is a bad sign.  

Edited by emily_speck_15
Investigation

For anyone interested, this is the LinkedIn page for Overpowered (although I'm not sure if you need to be logged in to view the page). According to the page there's 1 employee with a LinkedIn profile, but that one employee can't be found when you click on employees. (But they don't really seem to have an active LinkedIn presence, so this might not mean anything. Technically, it doesn't have to mean anything that the founder left; as long as someone else took over for him. But all the stories I've heard about Overpowered do make me feel sceptical about this.)

Ohhh jeez! Well, I hope I don't have issues. I can be pretty good at navigating through customer service, but I hope that it doesn't have to come to that - and if it does that my tact will hold. 

I don't truly find it concerning that their profile was found on Linkdin - everyone gets fed up with their job at some point I think lol

1 hour ago, babayaga67 said:

Which thread has the buying and selling stuff on it? I want to make a request for one of the Overpowered items listed by @jellysundae, but I don't know where the correct place to post is.

https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/34055-looking-to-advertise-an-item-to-buy-or-sell/

Should take you to the right thread - although I wish you the very best of luck in getting the item you wish for - don't take the JN listed price to heart, people are really getting whatever they want for most of the items due to their rarity. That's part of the reason I just decided to buy some stuff in hopes of getting what I want - even though that's still a long shot.  

50 minutes ago, splitting said:

This thread is interesting, I've never heard that having a Linkedin implies you are actively looking for work. Everyone in my line of work (research) has one because it shows potential clients/partners that you are legit.

Yeah, exactly. LinkdIn isn't bad at all nor does it imply one is seeking work. You essentially put your resume online in hopes of networking with other employers. It's an incredibly popular business website that I use myself too *high five*

But why it was alarming is that the (former) Owner of Overpowered says they haven't worked there since Oct 2018... right around the time people who started wondering where their orders are and couldn't get ahold of customer service for a refund. Now the former owner has a new business!

It's a shame that the website is still selling the merchandise when orders from nearly a year ago still aren't fulfilled and people are STILL buying the merch. Neopets appears to have found a new asset creator (per the Reddit topic posted above about it -  and I trust Fuzio and their comments to be truthful) but Jumpstart still needs to say something official and cease their affiliation with Overpowered ASAP before more people are scammed out of their money (this is MY opinion only).

I truly hope you get your order/codes, but I would still suggest cancelling if you can @LekkerLekker89. Who knows when... or even if... you will get what you paid for.

Well, thanks for the info about Linkdin. Not being in the Professional world before I became disabled I had no idea what it was. I did get the items I ordered but that was during the month of Oct 2018 so that may explain that. Here is what I have from contacting them. It may be the same as what you have but I am listing in case it may help.  Just a suggestion but I do pay for everything online through PayPal in case there is a problem because they will refund your money. There have been a couple of instances that I have had to get PayPal involved and they sided with me both times and I got my money back. 

Overpowered   http://iamoverpowered.com

also there was this one...
"Overpowered Toys" <[email protected]>

Then I found this at the bottom of one of my emails from them...

Copyright © 2018 Overpowered, All rights reserved.
You signed up on our website http://iamoverpowered.com...probably after reading an awesome blog post.

Our mailing address is:
Overpowered
4514 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd.
Suite 147
Atlanta, Georgia (GA) 30338

Add us to your address book

18 hours ago, splitting said:

This thread is interesting, I've never heard that having a Linkedin implies you are actively looking for work. Everyone in my line of work (research) has one because it shows potential clients/partners that you are legit.

16 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Yeah, exactly. LinkdIn isn't bad at all nor does it imply one is seeking work. You essentially put your resume online in hopes of networking with other employers. It's an incredibly popular business website that I use myself too *high five*

But why it was alarming is that the (former) Owner of Overpowered says they haven't worked there since Oct 2018... right around the time people who started wondering where their orders are and couldn't get ahold of customer service for a refund. Now the former owner has a new business!

^This. I think somewhere along this thread the "owner has a new job" part of the "LinkedIn account shows that owner has a new job" disappeared, and it just became about LinkedIn. There was some confusion about the site, but if anyone took "having a LinkedIn account implies you're actively looking for work" from this thread: it doesn't. It just means that you probably were looking for work at some point (and may need/want to do so again in the future), and it can be a means to connect with colleagues, clients, etc. (I'm definitely not looking for work right now, but I still have my LinkedIn account, in case I ever do want to change jobs.)

7 hours ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

Welp! I don't think that I am ever going to get my stuff, codes, or money. They're not responding to my emails at all and my order status remains unfulfilled with no option to cancel. I feel like this must be illegal on some level. 

How did you pay? You should be able to do a charge back or whatever by going through things via your bank/credit card website.

I think contacting TNT would be very sensible at this point, too, if enough people query what's going on with Overpowered they might make some kind of public statement.

16 hours ago, jellysundae said:

How did you pay? You should be able to do a charge back or whatever by going through things via your bank/credit card website.

I think contacting TNT would be very sensible at this point, too, if enough people query what's going on with Overpowered they might make some kind of public statement.

I paid with a credit card, but I have never heard of doing a charge back - I'll find out Monday!  I will contact TNT as well. 

9 hours ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

I paid with a credit card, but I have never heard of doing a charge back - I'll find out Monday!  I will contact TNT as well. 

It's not something I have any personal knowledge of how to do, but it can be done. Good luck for Monday. ?