Charity Corner Perks 2019

lojoco49

Oh..  Ummm.... I think this might be the April Fools joke... They typically always run one, and a lot of them seem unreasonable.

Case in point: Get exclusive access to the Hidden Tower during its stock-taking shut down hours to grab an item and make off with it before anyone notices it’s gone! 

Which could be a 10 Mil+ np valued item

I could be wrong, but this seems like too much to not be a joke.  Sorry to burst your bubble

I was about to say the same thing. 

I mean some of them have some grit and could be a preview but most of them seem... unreasonable.

This had better be their April Fools prank. If it's for real, I'm going to be royally ticked off!

*cackles*

Oh Gross

Do you dislike battling on a full stomach? This perk will change that! Feed your Neopet any gross food and then go into battle right after - your Neopet will puke out their meal on the opponent, causing a significant reduction in your opponent’s health and damaging any food-based weapons that they may have equipped for the turn.

That made me laugh, rather a lot, yep, I'm still firmly in touch with my inner 6 year old. ?

I approve of this, so much better than last years (who's sat trying to remember what last year's was now, huh?) and I like the imagination they used for these, makes me hopeful for any new genuine perks they've come up with for this year's CC.

11 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I approve of this, so much better than last years (who's sat trying to remember what last year's was now, huh?) and I like the imagination they used for these, makes me hopeful for any new genuine perks they've come up with for this year's CC.

What was last year's? It's entirely slipped my mind at this point.

2 hours ago, Duskitty said:

What was last year's? It's entirely slipped my mind at this point.

That could be because it slipped by you entirely at the time, lol, it was very easy to miss. It was plans for a Neopets theme park in China.

It was all just too thrown together to work well as a prank though, sadly. Kind of like something some grade school kids might put together over a weekend. HA, and maybe it was. ?

The best bit about last year's was this.

image.png.879bbb2511bf56e2a40aa00e96a79311.png

I LOVE it when they can laugh about things like this, and it is so VERY true. ?

7 hours ago, Neopets9738368 said:

The recent news says to use your points now.... so I guess there is no rollover?

Yes, this is what I came here to find out too... I was certain I read somewhere that our unused points could be kept for next time - can anyone confirm this or recall where that info came from?

1 hour ago, charelan said:

Yes, this is what I came here to find out too... I was certain I read somewhere that our unused points could be kept for next time - can anyone confirm this or recall where that info came from?

Hardtotame said they'd be rolled-over.

image.png.785aca125f5b9fd063f29bae66b0bd66.png

What they're saying in the news is this is your last chance to use any points on last year's perks, not that they've recanted on left-over points being rolled-over.

My perks have expired today, I need to pay full price for my stocks!! ? ??

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to ready my SDB for this years CC and I have been looking at the point system for last years CC. I don't see R-99 mentioned so I'm wondering if this was just an oversight and there were points awarded for the R-99. Also why the C behind R89.

Rarity             Points
R79 - lower            1 Point
R80 - R89C            2 Points
R90 - R98            6 Points
R100             8 Points
R101           1 Points
R102 - 107           4 Points

@Granny63020

The table on JN for last year says this:

The points you receive depend on the individual items' rarities. Here's a breakdown:

• r1-r79: 1 point
  • r80-89: 2 points
  • r90-97: 6 points
  • r98-r100: 8 points
  • r101: 1 point
  • r102-r179: 4 points
  • r200: 15 points

That's subtly different to what you have, but either way I don't think you need to worry about r99s not counting. ?

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@Granny63020

The table on JN for last year says this:

The points you receive depend on the individual items' rarities. Here's a breakdown:

• r1-r79: 1 point
  • r80-89: 2 points
  • r90-97: 6 points
  • r98-r100: 8 points
  • r101: 1 point
  • r102-r179: 4 points
  • r200: 15 points

That's subtly different to what you have, but either way I don't think you need to worry about r99s not counting. ?

The info I posted came from TDN when I searched for CC 2018. I didn't try searching JN. Thanks for posting. JN is much more detailed than TDN.

• 1 month later...

I think I've discovered a non-perk of Charity Corner, lol.

I chose quest refresh from the Obelisk so cracked open a fortune cookie.

How is this related to CC, you're wondering? ?

Because so many people got rid of so much stuff during CC that faerie quest items are EXPENSIVE right now. ?

The Red Sandcastle Set the dark fae wanted for today's quest JN gave a price of 650 NP for, I couldn't find it for less that 2k, every quest so far the items have been similarly inflated. Plus of course I have zero chance of having the item already because all my random stuff went for CC too, lol.

So something for me to try and remember for next year - don't open a fortune cookie too soon after CC! ?

• 10 months later...

I've just spent my last 100 perk points on the Round Round Round perk. Now let's hope I actually rememer to repeat my spins for the rest of the day! 😆

I only spin the Wheel of Mediocrity; always a modest profit to be made throughtout the day, unlike the Wheel of Excitement that rips you off most of the time.

And there we go, profit

image.png.55f90b8f1d39c63affcff317a5e50095.png

I'll take it. :D

Hi Jelly, I have a little more than 2000 points left. The reason I haven't spent them is I used 5000 points to buy the Limited Edition perk and I didn't get it. I sent a ticket to neo and have never received a reply. I asked them to reset or whatever they do so I could use the perk or refund the 5000 points. Any suggestions with that problem? Also, any idea when the next CC starts or if the points are going to carry over?

11 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

Hi Jelly, I have a little more than 2000 points left. The reason I haven't spent them is I used 5000 points to buy the Limited Edition perk and I didn't get it. I sent a ticket to neo and have never received a reply. I asked them to reset or whatever they do so I could use the perk or refund the 5000 points. Any suggestions with that problem? Also, any idea when the next CC starts or if the points are going to carry over?

I'd contact them again and explain anew. It's looking like the AC's going to be the next event, so if CC's going to happen this year it coming along at some point after that makes sense. but who knows?

All we do know is that points absolutely will not carry over again, they were very categorical about never doing that again.

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'd contact them again and explain anew. It's looking like the AC's going to be the next event, so if CC's going to happen this year it coming along at some point after that makes sense. but who knows?

All we do know is that points absolutely will not carry over again, they were very categorical about never doing that again.

Guess I better start thinking about spending what I have then!