Why do some BD opponents lie about their strength?

jellysundae

The harder opponents don't always have the same hp as difficulty. Don't know why though. Maybe it was intentionally to surprise us for those that want a challenge or maybe it's just a little oopsie from TNT when coding it. 50 HP more in that range shouldn't cause too much problems. If you can handle 650, I'm sure you can handle 700 as well. I believe in you and your pet ?

OH! Well no wonder I was getting confused then! ?

19 hours ago, Duma said:

50 HP more in that range shouldn't cause too much problems. If you can handle 650, I'm sure you can handle 700 as well. I believe in you and your pet ?

He can just manage it. When I first tried Snowy it was fine for the first 2 battles then on the 3rd one I didn't make it, Snowy had 12 HP left after me using both Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage, and he then proceeded to block everything I did and I got beaten. ?

But training 3 more levels of strength has helped. Needs a little more yet, twice I've needed to go into a 3rd round, but each time I've managed to avoid dying, lol.

My little guy is SO tiny compared to Snowy. ?

33 minutes ago, cottontailcat said:

I learned this the other day with the Space Faerie. Ugh. Week 2 of the throw pillows method is underway ....

Oh yuk! lol. I had my fill of Throw Pillows with Malum during the plot... ?

I think TNT just likes to mess with us. Why else would they have unlimited use of items that are once-per battle or even Single-Use for us?

I believe Duma is right about the HP. They don't all have the same HP as the difficulty. Maybe that's also to throw off people's assumptions about that being the same as difficulty and their strength and defense multipliers? I'm not sure. NOBODY but TNT knows why TNT does such weird things as they tend to do. LOL

Snowy is a toughy, that's for sure. But it appears I haven't fought him yet in the NEW Battledome.  *Trudges to the Frost Dome to try at 650* Yep! First battle in the Frost Dome for me it seems. (I pretty certain I've fought/defeated him in the old BD.)

Ok, so depending on your stats, he's not as tough as I thought at his lowest difficulty setting. I usually go after foes around that difficulty rating, though it's generally their highest rating that they're as strong as 650-Snowy. So he went down in my first turn. Ghostkerbomb + Blazing Embers + Lens Flare and he took 715 damage. But my pet's STR is maxed out. That being said, I'm fairly sure my pet's HP isn't high enough to win an endurance-match against his stronger difficulties yet. I'd probably be better off with some upgraded equipment too. Although.... now that I've thought about it, I'm really tempted to see how long I can last in a harder battle before Snowy blasts my Peophin into a Peophin-pop. lol I'm probably not going to try that right now. LOL But it's kind of tempting. ?

Anyway, if you've got some good constant-icon weapons, you might have better luck against him before your Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage rounds are up. If you have (or can get) a freezer-item on hand, that can give you a 3rd round without him attacking.

If you're interested in opponents with similar difficulty/power. I'd recommend Tekkitu the Witch Doctor, Plumbeard, and Shadow Usul. All on MIGHTY difficulty of course. ? Some of them have some interesting exclusive prizes. ?

EDIT: OK, 6 rounds on medium difficulty! Though I don't understand WHY he beat me in the 6th. Actually..... BOTH Snowager's breath the ABILITY and
Snowager's Breath the WEAPON were used, so that's PROBABLY why I got confused. Though I didn't know that Snowager Breath caused damage as well as a current-round freeze (like Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage). I knew the freezing part, but not the damage part. lol

I had Leaf Shield, Blazing Embers and the ability REFLECT chosen.

Below is the text I got in the battle log. Total damage done to me was 5425!  To put that in perspective. My peophin's STR, as previously stated is maxed out at 750+.  If he hit with 16 icons, he'd ONLY do 256 damage, maximum! Snowy did about 21 times that amount of damage in his single attack!

What luck! The Snowager missed you with Snowager's Breath!  

The Snowager showers you with their icy Snowager Breath!

Edited by Aquamentis12
Additional info to add

6 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

If you have (or can get) a freezer-item on hand, that can give you a 3rd round without him attacking.

I did look into that briefly actually, because I realised it would help me a lot, but I decided against it, mainly because of the cost of something decent. I have an agenda with fighting Snowy you see, I want his frozen Neggs (he's withholding on those so far though <_<) once I have enough of those for my needs I'll likely go back to the Koi Warrior so spending millions on a decent freezing weapon's not very sensible. Though now that I have Warlock's Rage I will at some point investigate other stronger opponents, I need to study people's prizes again, I'm pretty mercenary and like to go for an opponent with a decent amount of rares to give up. :laughingsmiley:

I guess I'm a bit of an unusual BD case because of my MS-related brain issues, the BD for me needs to be as simple as possible or I get super confused and do the wrong thing, and then pay the consequences. :axehead:

I pared my weapon selection right down to hopefully avoid that happening.

image.png.818bb8ff58e33b7b24af286227ee2632.png

That's all I use, lol. There's no strategy available for me, my brain can't cope with that, I just need to be able to beat them in 2 shots without complications. >_<

I'd be interested to read about it if you do go for an endurance Slugfest with Snowy though! :snitch: That level of damage that he can inflict seems insane though!!

On 3/26/2019 at 4:44 AM, jellysundae said:

I did look into that briefly actually, because I realised it would help me a lot, but I decided against it, mainly because of the cost of something decent. I have an agenda with fighting Snowy you see, I want his frozen Neggs (he's withholding on those so far though <_<) once I have enough of those for my needs I'll likely go back to the Koi Warrior so spending millions on a decent freezing weapon's not very sensible. Though now that I have Warlock's Rage I will at some point investigate other stronger opponents, I need to study people's prizes again, I'm pretty mercenary and like to go for an opponent with a decent amount of rares to give up. :laughingsmiley:

I guess I'm a bit of an unusual BD case because of my MS-related brain issues, the BD for me needs to be as simple as possible or I get super confused and do the wrong thing, and then pay the consequences. :axehead:

I pared my weapon selection right down to hopefully avoid that happening.

image.png.818bb8ff58e33b7b24af286227ee2632.png

That's all I use, lol. There's no strategy available for me, my brain can't cope with that, I just need to be able to beat them in 2 shots without complications. >_<

I'd be interested to read about it if you do go for an endurance Slugfest with Snowy though! :snitch: That level of damage that he can inflict seems insane though!!

Well, Frozen Neggs look pretty cool... pardon the pun. ? May I ask why you are after them? I'm just wondering if it's for the NP or the Neggery Points?

OK, I'll try to keep my BD-text as simple as I can go, if that will help. I didn't know MS could mess with the thought-process. ?

So I'm looking at your Kacheek, and with a multiplier of 9.75 (at 450+ points of Strength) I think you should be able to win fairly consistently, with a little luck. Though it wouldn't hurt if you had a really good Bomb on-hand for round 1. Unfortunately, the Bomb I would recommend is the Ghostkerbomb, which in the Hidden Tower costs 7.5mil. It is however, one of the best bombs as it can do 21-30 icons of damage once per battle. Plus you can get them cheaper usually if you buy from other users. Like in the TP or Auctions. I greatly recommend it.

If you aren't going to use any defensive items then you could stop training defense. Though, I might suggest you pick up a Downsize! spelled that way WITH the ! at the end of it's name. It will block 50% of all damage Once Per Battle.

As for the slugfest with Snowy. Like I said, I got to round 6, and he KO'd me. I'm not sure HOW he froze me because his Snowager's breath, in the text, said it missed. But then when his 16 icon attack hit me, it hit me for over 5000 damage. An INSANE Amount of Damage for 16 icons.

Anyway, good luck farming Frozen neggs! I hope you get some!

45 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

May I ask why you are after them? I'm just wondering if it's for the NP or the Neggery Points?

It is the Neggery points, yup, I have a purchase to make there. :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

OK, I'll try to keep my BD-text as simple as I can go, if that will help. I didn't know MS could mess with the thought-process. ?

Yeah, because it affects the central nervous system it can impact on absolutely anything that requires a message to get from A to B so all cognitive funtions can take a hit too, ah well! I shall now see if I can make any sense of your teachin's! ?

On 3/28/2019 at 4:34 AM, jellysundae said:

It is the Neggery points, yup, I have a purchase to make there. :ph34r:

Yeah, because it affects the central nervous system it can impact on absolutely anything that requires a message to get from A to B so all cognitive funtions can take a hit too, ah well! I shall now see if I can make any sense of your teachin's! ?

Sorry for this reply being late. I haven't felt to well as of late. Ah! Alrighty! I've never gotten hold of a Frozen Negg, so BEST OF LUCK!

Wow! I didn't realize MS could impair mental health as well as the physical. That sucks. ? That's gotta be SO frustrating for you at times! I mean, I know my cognition isn't the greatest, I don't have MS, but there are times I frequently forget things, or it can take me a longer time to process things, and I know that's frustrating like crazy for me.

Anyway I'm rambling. Sorry about that. I hope my advice for the BD was clear enough for you to take in. If not I can try again. Happy battling! :D

@Aquamentis12 Aw ? Does you being on again mean you're feeling better now? Hopefully. ☺️

Yep MS sucks, big time, but what can I do, just gotta deal with it the best I can. ? Bullying myself into playing Godori and things like that. >_< I used to be a whizz at that, and I CAN still play it, but oh dear, it rather highlights my mental decline, that's for sure!

I've done ok with the frozen neggs, I can't remember if I've had 2 or 3 from him so far, but I only need one more then I can go back to getting codestones from the Kio Warrior, I'm all out of some of those now, need to stock up!

On 4/2/2019 at 5:38 AM, jellysundae said:

@Aquamentis12 Aw ? Does you being on again mean you're feeling better now? Hopefully. ☺️

Yep MS sucks, big time, but what can I do, just gotta deal with it the best I can. ? Bullying myself into playing Godori and things like that. >_< I used to be a whizz at that, and I CAN still play it, but oh dear, it rather highlights my mental decline, that's for sure!

I've done ok with the frozen neggs, I can't remember if I've had 2 or 3 from him so far, but I only need one more then I can go back to getting codestones from the Kio Warrior, I'm all out of some of those now, need to stock up!

LOL More or less I guess. ? Sorry for the delayed reply. ^^;

Wow! And, I've never heard of Godori, what type of game is that? Yeah, they say that a person with a high intellect is more likely to notice a mental decline, than one who doesn't have such a bright IQ. I don't have MS, but I do know I've lost at LEAST a "few" points over the years. ? So In can sympathize with you on that front. ?

Ah, so you only were after a few Frozen Neggs for the neggery? Congrats on getting them!

You must be training fast and furiously! Good luck with that and your battles! :D

On 4/8/2019 at 8:09 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

LOL More or less I guess. ? Sorry for the delayed reply. ^^;

Wow! And, I've never heard of Godori, what type of game is that? Yeah, they say that a person with a high intellect is more likely to notice a mental decline, than one who doesn't have such a bright IQ. I don't have MS, but I do know I've lost at LEAST a "few" points over the years. ? So In can sympathize with you on that front. ?

Ah, so you only were after a few Frozen Neggs for the neggery? Congrats on getting them!

You must be training fast and furiously! Good luck with that and your battles! :D

Godori's a card game here on Neo. ☺️ I think it slunk beneath the radar for years to be honest, but now that they've FINALLY released the avatar for it - that's been around for YEARS apparently but not activated - suddenly everyone's playing it, lol. I saw someone comment somewhere about how it's a Neo-version of a game that they know, something that's been played for hundreds of years, but I can't remember what they called it - 'cause, broken brain, yeah - only thing brain's giving me is "it sounded Asian"... actually that makes sense as Godori is a game in Shenkuu and original TNT would definitely have put it there intentionally because of their level of attention to detail.

I'm done with Snowy now! ? I got the last negg I needed from him on my first battle yesterday, so I promptly legged it outta there. ? The quest refresh boon from last week's skirmish had me opening a fortune cookie so I had a little help with training. :D

It's Korean. I looked it up on Google and got this from wikipedia (In my native language it's called Godori so it was an easy find for me, I then switched the language to English and got below result):

Go-Stop (Hangul고스톱; RRGoseutop), also named Godori (Hangul고도리, Japanese: ゴドリ, after the winning move in the game) is a Korean card game. The game can be called Matgo (Hangul맞고) when only two players are playing, and as Hwatu (Hangul화투), the name of the cards themselves.

44 minutes ago, Duma said:

It's Korean. I looked it up on Google and got this from wikipedia (In my native language it's called Godori so it was an easy find for me, I then switched the language to English and got below result):

Go-Stop (Hangul고스톱; RRGoseutop), also named Godori (Hangul고도리, Japanese: ゴドリ, after the winning move in the game) is a Korean card game. The game can be called Matgo (Hangul맞고) when only two players are playing, and as Hwatu (Hangul화투), the name of the cards themselves.

Cool! I'm glad the little fragment I remembered was actually right, lol.