Hi! i'm new here! And Buried Treasure question

Good morning!  I've been using this very helpful site for probably a year now and can't thank you all enough for your help.  This morning's trudy mess - up prompted me to finally post.  Tears.  My next question is, does anyone win anything anymore at "buried treasure"?  I gave up a month ago, but not before pumping tonnes of money into it.  I never even won booby prizes.  is it just broken?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk).
The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Neopets Dailies to Introductions & Welcome.

• shauns_fiancee changed the title to Hi! i'm new here! And Buried Treasure question

I think that maybe it was sinking the economy a bit so they changed the odds? I used to get something good almost daily, now I rarely get anything at all and when I do it's either junk (map piece- which oddly enough I still hoard) or 2k.

EDIT: I realized as I was doing the dailies that as I wrote this I was thinking of the Forgotten Shore, not Buried Treasure. Buried Treasure does occasionally pay out, and when it does (for me at least) it usually makes up for losses. Typically 5k and 20k. 

Edited by LekkerLekker89
Incorrect information

I play it for the avatar. I believe it's mostly random, but I remember some theory about the location of the treasure moving across the board like a 'wave'; dunno if that was proven or not.

Payouts are kinda rare, but if you're looking for the avatar, then go for it. (I've been at it for years and still nothing, though...)

I play it for the avatar, but I win something often enough. I always use the same square, this one, for no other reason than because.

tgxHuQr.jpg

Not the same coordinates though, just somewhere within that square.

image.png.e7ed911304e7686389c473d189f57505.png

Hopefully NOT starting off as I mean to go on today. xD

I'll play this 2 or 3 times a day I'd say, and there's not usually that many days that go by before I win something.

I'll go out on a limb here and say the treasure definitely does drift. Bearing in mind that I always click in the same general area and I've had days where I'll win a dubloon or 2.5k on my first try, and then 500np on my second, and yellow growth on my third, sequences like that.

I'm told it drifts and if you can quickly hit where someone else won a prize, you'll win a prize there as well.   I don't think this has been firmly tested.   I used to pick a spot then stay there until I won something, then move to a new spot.   Did okay, but not enough to bother with any more.