Do you think Neopets still has much of a future?

The Dragon King

Do you think Neopets still has much of a future?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Neopets still has much of a future?

• Yes, I'm sure JS/ND will eventually figure things out.
    • Maybe, if it got sold to a new owner again.
    • No, Neo's doomed and there's nothing we can do about it.
    • I'm not really sure.

To be honest I have seen this question asked so many times, before Jumpstart bought them, after Jumpstart bought them, etc. I will tell people I do coding for my guild on Neopets and am on staff at one of the help sites and I always hear; "That place is still alive/around!?!?"

I think many people have in the past and will in the future wonder if Neopets will ever go down, but from my experience of being a LONG time player (earliest account was 2004) I don't feel it's going anywhere (as in it will always be kicking around 馃檪聽). The players that love the site despite some of the hiccups are still going to keep coming and supporting it. I found my love for coding and somewhat data entry by being on this site and have met some amazing people so I'm very much so planning to stick around. I've heard many similar stories to mine as well. I'm not too worried about it disappearing, only thing I would say is a bit concerning or mildly irritating is how long things take to be fixed or come out.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen better run websites than Neo kick the dust, so my hopes aren't particularly high for a long term future anymore. If anything, I'm frankly amazed they've lasted this long.

They have no understanding of their customer base (mostly adults now, not children), so are gearing things to the wrong audience - except NC which is definitely geared towards adults with money to burn with gatcha mechanics and gambling, so somewhat hypocritical to boot.

They have very poor customer support and processes (new process meaning you have to have access to your original email to gain access to lost accounts is ridiculous - very few people are able to access twenty odd year old emails and half the server addresses no longer exist.) They know it's stupid and they don't care.

Most of the site doesn't work and there is very little to do unless there's an active event going on. I'm in and out in twenty odd minutes unless it's half price day and I'm trying to stock my shop.

Events are thin on the ground, cancelled (Charity Corner), broken (Altador Cup) or so simple they can barely be called events (Faeries Ruin). We're all waiting on plots that have been promised for over a year. But the Premium Sale was promised for the end of last year and that never materialised, so again, low hopes here.

As I said, I've seen far, far better sites run into the ground due to mismanagement and stupidity and that does seem to be the way neopets is going now...

On 5/2/2023 at 9:50 AM, Secre said:

I've seen better run websites than Neo kick the dust, so my hopes aren't particularly high for a long term future anymore. If anything, I'm frankly amazed they've lasted this long.

They have no understanding of their customer base (mostly adults now, not children), so are gearing things to the wrong audience - except NC which is definitely geared towards adults with money to burn with gatcha mechanics and gambling, so somewhat hypocritical to boot.

They have very poor customer support and processes (new process meaning you have to have access to your original email to gain access to lost accounts is ridiculous - very few people are able to access twenty odd year old emails and half the server addresses no longer exist.) They know it's stupid and they don't care.

Most of the site doesn't work and there is very little to do unless there's an active event going on. I'm in and out in twenty odd minutes unless it's half price day and I'm trying to stock my shop.

Events are thin on the ground, cancelled (Charity Corner), broken (Altador Cup) or so simple they can barely be called events (Faeries Ruin). We're all waiting on plots that have been promised for over a year. But the Premium Sale was promised for the end of last year and that never materialised, so again, low hopes here.

As I said, I've seen far, far better sites run into the ground due to mismanagement and stupidity and that does seem to be the way neopets is going now...

I can understand your thoughts on it. My only thing is I can still spend hours on this site, to me there is A LOT to do even with everything broken, but I guess that really depends on what you're doing. Just doing my daily maintenance on my account takes me over 20 minutes.

I do agree on the events though! I've been waiting for Charity Corner for years (Still collecting items for it JUST IN CASE), I was excited for the Faerie event that came out with the shards, but that came and went with seemingly no real purpose besides a few items that ALL inflated quickly xD

• 2 weeks later...