Hello I'm Toby

asilent_love

Hello! I feel I used to have a TDN Forum account eons ago, but I have no idea what email it was nor do I remember the username. So I made a new one, I don't believe I ever posted anything either. So that doesn't help. Um, what to say about me.

I've been on Neopets for almost 10.5 years now, I had an account there when I was a wee thing but as I got older I lost interest and the purge happened so my poor account is long long gone. Anyway, I just recently collected the Kad avie! I am so happy to finally have achieved that one, I collect stamps and books for my pet the beautiful Xwee Jessica. I'm an 'adult' Neopet player, going to be 25 later this year. I have a huge variety of interests, I'm a major fandom nerd and book hoarder. Books and TV Shows/Movies/Anime is life.

Been on TDN for ages, probably as long as I have had this current account on Neopets. I'm friendly and don't bite, I know a little HTML coding but not a lot or enough to make beautiful lookups.

Hello Toby :D  'grats on getting to escape those bratty Kads now!

Pretty sure just about all of us on here are those "grown-up" things actually. But that doesn't mean we all behave ourselves. :ph34r:

Hello Toby! Welcome to the forums! And congrats on the Kadding, I've never found the courage to even try it. Does kadding actually pays off or does it only cost neopoints? (Like I said, never really looked into it)

28 minutes ago, Duma said:

Does kadding actually pays off or does it only cost neopoints?

I guess it depends. It's possibly one of the most ? - inducing avatars to gain, as well as gonna cost you quite a bit in both time and NP.... but then Kads wouldn't be Kads if gaining their avatar was easy. ?

kadoatie.gif? BRAT

@jaydeed I reached gold too, but I was also determined to get the avie as well. It was a dream of mine as a young player, to finally get that coveted Pink Mew avie. What are your favorite avies? I feel very few people have one choice.

@weezieb3 Thanks! I am very happy to be back, it feels exciting to be among the 'adult' players. I remember when I first started all my Neo friends were out of high school and secondary school and I was the only one still there in jr high. It was a pain cause I would be online a few hours after them and miss all the fun stuff.

@jellysundae I know! Being away from the bratty Kads is thrilling. Finally, I thought about eventually being an OFer, but it's difficult. It's exciting once you get to feed, but I feel guilty at the same time since there are tons of people who struggle to get feeds in you know? Tons of people want to achieve the 75 feeds and can't do it without taking ages and ages cause of OFers. But, that doesn't mean I don't love the OFers either, I genuinely think they are very gifted for just knowing when these Kaddies are hungry and such. It's amazing.

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I guess it depends. It's possibly one of the most ? - inducing avatars to gain, as well as gonna cost you quite a bit in both time and NP.... but then Kads wouldn't be Kads if gaining their avatar was easy. ?

kadoatie.gif? BRAT

@Duma In a way it pays off because of the avie and the cute trophy you get, but it's very time consuming and you need lots of NPs because they are quickly fed.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double or triple post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

The only reason I would do it is for the avatar. Neopoints aren't really a problem (Thank you Food Club). Time might be an issue. Maybe in the future I'll invest in it. Oh, what does OF stands for? I'm guessing the F is for feeder but what's the O?

75 kads fed is quite impressive btw!

21 minutes ago, Duma said:

I'm guessing the F is for feeder but what's the O?

I've just been to the Kad board to find someone who can give a visual example of what the O stands for, and hey presto!

image.png.c842bb30f86c2d02d55f16c4e10dc025.png

Yup, it's over-feeder. ?

If time's gonna be an issue then Kadding's likely not for you, it requires living your life in 7 minute segments because that how often the Kads might refresh and need feeding, it's a major time-suck. The OFs do a great job of time-keeping on the board, gotta say that for 'em! It's pretty complicated. ?

@asilent_love I too thought about becoming an OF, I think mainly because the regs on the board were so confident that I would become one, but I fled with joy once I got that 75th feed. I actually sat on 74 feeds for months because I couldn't face trying for that final one. ?

Oh and here's another reg...

trophy1.gif
Kadoatery
(11640 fed)

36 minutes ago, Duma said:

The only reason I would do it is for the avatar. Neopoints aren't really a problem (Thank you Food Club). Time might be an issue. Maybe in the future I'll invest in it. Oh, what does OF stands for? I'm guessing the F is for feeder but what's the O?

75 kads fed is quite impressive btw!

Yes, it' means Over-feeder. It means that anyone who feeds more than 75 kads required for the avie. My favs are Zelda and Doc, they have 7500+ feeds each. I wonder if there is some magical skill that enables them to feed so well. Ah, yes. I love the Food Club too. It's a TNT gift to us. Except when Goob collapsed and doesn't help us win LOL

23 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I've just been to the Kad board to find someone who can give a visual example of what the O stands for, and hey presto!

image.png.c842bb30f86c2d02d55f16c4e10dc025.png

Yup, it's over-feeder. ?

If time's gonna be an issue then Kadding's likely not for you, it requires living your life in 7 minute segments because that how often the Kads might refresh and need feeding, it's a major time-suck. The OFs do a great job of time-keeping on the board, gotta say that for 'em! It's pretty complicated. ?

@asilent_love I too thought about becoming an OF, I think mainly because the regs on the board were so confident that I would become one, but I fled with joy once I got that 75th feed. I actually sat on 74 feeds for months because I couldn't face trying for that final one. ?

Also! Thank you ? I think 75 feeds is impressive too ? @Duma

I know, I thought that could be me too, just wait and wait and wait but I couldn't. My excitement was too much, I waited for a bit (as in once I got off work that night) and I sat up til about 2:30 my time trying to feed haha

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

• 2 weeks later...