New Paint Brush Poll Live: Vote until March 4!

hrtbrk

I picked Porcelain because I think it will be a very nice base colour. The others are too busy to the eye for me, at least on these examples. Oil Painting would be my second choice if we could make one.

Hmm! Visually I like Mosiac the best, well... colour-wise at least. Actually, maybe only colour-wise because I'm not generally a fan of itty-bitty tiles. ? Maybe all I like about it is the pretty contrast between the blue and the gold collar, lol.

But of course other pets wouldn't all be that nice blue... OH! So neither would all Porcelain or Oil Painting be the same colour... further hmmm!! ?

Not keen on Wicker though, good concept, I'm just not keen on wicker in general so I'm biased.

But really, all of these will end up happening eventually, won't they, that's the way this works, they basically NEED 4 new brush colours each year. Burlap Doll's not happened yet, but Scrappy said it was going to, didn't she.

Awesome! You have voted for Oil Painting. Thanks for voting!

--

the painting they used to color the Gelert is "The Scream" isn't it ?? 

i love oil painting , i mean can you imagine Van Gogh's Silent Night on a Peophin like Peopha ?? that would be a dream come true for me ..

Wicker reminded me of that awful Nic Cage movie "Wicker Man" so it's a pass ..

Porcelain and Mosaic look easily breakable .. ok maybe not but Porcelain is very basic and i can't think of any innovative ways to diversify it .. Mosaic looks like it will fall apart any second

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

i love oil painting , i mean can you imagine Van Gogh's Silent Night on a Peophin like Peopha ?? that would be a dream come true for me ..

Would be a nightmare for me, I don't like Van Gogh's art, at all, lol. It will be very interesting to see if they do obviously reference colours and styles used in famous paintings though, I can see why you think they've used The Scream for the Gelert. Monet's Waterlilies on a Nimmo, maybe? (I really dislike Monet too xD)

I wonder about porcelain... thankfully the twee decoration on that Scorchio can mostly be easily covered up, and hopefully that was intentional, but while Duma's dead right saying it's a good base colour, this example's kinda flat, it might look even more so once customised, need to play with these on DTI once they're added and see about that, but how would they add depth? Pick the details out in gold leaf? *shudders* I don't wanna pet that looks like someone's Grandma's favourite tea-cup. ?

Thumbs down on the Porch Furniture Paint Brush from Angeló too then? ?

My two choices came between mosaic and oil painting and i ended up picking mosaic. I love the beautiful colors of the oil painting one but it seems like a pretty standard color slapped on a pet, mosaic has some potential and I'd be curious to see it incorporated into other pets. 

I REALLY wanted to like wicker but something seems... off about it, maybe if they had left a gap in the wicker instead of using a black solid line for the mouth it would give it some better dimension. 

I'm in love with the Mosaic! I hope they base each colour on a well known oil painting. The vibrant colours might make it difficult to customise though.

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

^Exactly! It's the first thing that came to my mind. I went to an Edvard Munch exhibit at Tate Modern a few years ago... (okay I'll stop before I go off track).

I feel that the mosaic has potential but it looks very 2-dimensional and doesn't fit the Gelert's body contours at all.

As for Porcelain, I'm not so sure about those flowers. I'd like to see something like this Porcelain Garfield I spotted at one of its 40th anniversary exhibit

1443507056_Screenshot2019-02-27at23_17_13.png.284891cbef9013486c5776c154698643.png

Wicker just looks... boring. Maybe needs more contrast both in terms of colours, "knit" pattern, and density of the wicker

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I really dislike Monet too xD

I'm with you about Van Gogh but whaaaat? What don't you like about Monet? He's one of my favourite

On 2/27/2019 at 3:22 PM, Vlagopus said:

I'm with you about Van Gogh but whaaaat? What don't you like about Monet? He's one of my favourite

Hehe, I don't limit it to Monet either, I share it allll around, Impressionism as a whole just leaves me squinting, lol, seems I like more clearly defined art. It's also often too wishy-washy for me. I guess I like stuff that's a little bolder.

To give an example, this is a poster I bought recently.

Leonid Afremov - Dance under the Rain

umstwK7.jpg

Oh and I now realise I'm being daft with saying about these being on DTI, ofc they won't be, these aren't actual brushes yet, silly me!

Just going by our varying opinions on here I think it's likely to be a pretty close thing between Mosiac, Oil Paint and Porcelain, with Wicker trailing in behind. I still think I'm likely to vote for Mosaic myself, I like the overall idea of Oil Paint, and I really like how the paint defines the body-shape, but I'm not so hot for the actual look, though... GAH! I just don't know, lol. It's between the two Gelerts for me, anyway. Def not wicker. and porcelain is too bland and flat.

Jelly that is a lovely painting. I instantly love it. At first I was leaning towards the oil paint but after reading through the comments I will probably go with porcelain. It is a nice base color when considering customization. 

17 minutes ago, Kute said:

Jelly that is a lovely painting. I instantly love it.

Well I'm happy to introduce you to an artist you like. :D

I feel, with what I see as the main 3 contenders, is we've just no idea how they're going to go with any of these. Will there be variety, or won't there... or will there be depressingly limited variety, like with the Candy brush...

But I do feel right now that Mosiac, Oil Paint and Porcelain will make the cut. But am I only saying that because I'm not feeling wicker myself, lol.

8 hours ago, Duma said:

I picked Porcelain because I think it will be a very nice base colour. The others are too busy to the eye for me, at least on these examples. Oil Painting would be my second choice if we could make one.

Agree with everything you said. I'm trying to think of the base color because a couple of things look too hard to customize because they're so busy. Maybe wicker would actually be easiest to customize but its too close to woodland I think.

To me, mosaic seems similar to eventide, oil similar to candy, porcelain very close to white...and wicker is just hideous. I'm pretty unimpressed with all selections and would like to see how each pet would look in each color to make a completely informed decision. I suppose I'll go with oil as I feel they could do the most with that.

I chose the Oil I like it the best. I also like the drawings on the tail and belly of Porcelain. I might like it better had they added drawings to the wings also. The  Wicker might be cool IF they added a bird flying around in the belly because it reminds me of a cage.  I don't like the  Mosaic too much because I think it would look better with richer, bolder brighter colors. Something that really stands out. 

Oh, and why the Rudolph red nose? I don't think it matches with all the other tile colors. It's like making it white. If anything I think it should have been a black nose or maybe a deep green.

Oh, of course, we all have our opinion and in the end the exciting part will be we get a new paintbrush.

So I just voted for Oil Painting, when I'd gone with every intention of voting for Mosaic, go figure. xD

I absolutely love both Mosaic and Oil Painting, so I'm going to have a hard time choosing between them. ?

I agree that Porcelain is probably a better base colour for customising, but that's just not something my brain & eyes are willing to take into account when Mosaic and Oil Painting look so awesome. Don't care much for the Wicker; the Scorchio's mouth creeps me out a little. ?

On 2/27/2019 at 8:04 AM, Angeló said:

Awesome! You have voted for Oil Painting. Thanks for voting!

--

Wicker reminded me of that awful Nic Cage movie "Wicker Man" so it's a pass ..

Porcelain and Mosaic look easily breakable .. ok maybe not but Porcelain is very basic and i can't think of any innovative ways to diversify it .. Mosaic looks like it will fall apart any second

Yes, the oil painting one is definitely Edward Munch's "The Scream". It's one of my favorite paintings, so I voted for oil painting as well.

I love the Mosiac and Oil Painting, but didn't they vote on this last time and pretty much do all the paint brushes? (Toy, Steampunk, Marble, Candy?)

I can't for  the life of me go with Wicker... reminds me of a scab or Imhotep from the Mummy

Image result for imhotep the mummy

Yuck! lol

1 hour ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

but didn't they vote on this last time and pretty much do all the paint brushes?

I've realised that they HAVE to have a certain amount of new brushes every year, or there'll be no new looks on pet days because there'd be no colours left.

I do think us voting like this is, in all likelihood, almost completely redundant, but it's savvy of TNT to do this because it engages the community and lets people feel they are able to influence what happens, rather than just putting new paintbrushes out there and the first thing we know about them is a blurb in the news.

I'm just skimming right past that pic out of The Mummy... *shudders* ? You're SO right there!

10 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I love the Mosiac and Oil Painting, but didn't they vote on this last time and pretty much do all the paint brushes? (Toy, Steampunk, Marble, Candy?)

I can't for  the life of me go with Wicker... reminds me of a scab or Imhotep from the Mummy

Image result for imhotep the mummy

Yuck! lol

Okay, Arnold Vosloo was no Boris Karloff in The Mummy, but I liked him in those movies. Maybe I'm a little nuts.