I finished school!!

Secretly A Pony

I am so excited and proud right now!

I first went to college 5 1/2 years ago (Sept 2013), right after I finished high school. Didn't succeed. Dropped out after one semester. I was burned out from school and only went because my family wouldn't stop bugging me about it. Do I really need to say why that's never a good reason to go to college? I did want to go to college. Just not on their schedule.

Floated around for some years, trying to figure out what to do with my life and how adulthood works (LOL; it never stops feeling unnatural, but you get better at it). Got a job in retail. After two years, going on three, of that, I finally went back to school, but I chose a trade school versus traditional college because I didn't want to spend four years getting a degree. No offense to those who take that route. I just didn't want it.

I struggled toward the end of the program, but I got a 91 on my final exam and a 95 on my research project, both of which I finished quickly (exam was 100 questions I answered in 30 minutes; research paper was 4 pages I did in 2 hours by regurgitating text from my textbook, though not verbatim). In the end, I passed the program with a 3.41 GPA, which is an 89% (so B+). So I am good at school... when I like the subject! Eh, no surprise. I've been that way since I was a kid, but I paid my own way, so family can't complain.

I have been over the moon since I found out the grades! What I have next is an internship. I'm nervous about it because it'll be my first non-retail job if I'm accepted (they're trying to have me start this week), but I'm also excited because I'll be working in a public school (or more than one; I'm uncertain). Which means weekends off! Retail has made hate the weekend! I want to love them again!

Congrats! Thats really exciting!  Your story sounds very similar to mine. I did good in college  but then I got sucked into working for a while in retail. I decided to go back and learn a trade but then I never used my licence for anything but personal use or for my family?. You already got an internship so I am certain you'll do great! IDK how it is in NJ but in California my licence expires every year. So just make sure you renew yours early if it does expire ?  Let us know how it goes !

The name of the program is CNST. Computer Network & Support Technician. We learned things like networking, repair, building, security, and so on. Though, I was not good at networking. Thankfully, there are many other fields besides that.

So, it turns out my interview will be at a middle school. I feel a bit speechless. I'll be going into a school from the "staff" side POV instead of as a student. I always wondered as a kid what that feels like.

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

Congratulations! I was so happy to read that you took your time to figure out what to do and that you did it. life is a personal journey you don't have to listen to family or friends everybody gotta find what to do in their life. wish you the best and good luck!  

Dafont Showbox Adam4adam

• Duma locked this topic