What are you watching right now?

pollard5245

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the anime, Dr. Stone, just finished season 1. I REALLY wish that Season 2 had run longer than 11 episodes, but it did finish a story arc, so it makes sense as a stopping point. Oh well. Gifting a copy to my nephew for his bday coming up in  a couple of weeks, I hope he'll enjoy it as much as I do! :D

7 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Watching the anime, Dr. Stone, just finished season 1. I REALLY wish that Season 2 had run longer than 11 episodes, but it did finish a story arc, so it makes sense as a stopping point. Oh well. Gifting a copy to my nephew for his bday coming up in  a couple of weeks, I hope he'll enjoy it as much as I do! :D

It's an amazing anime for sure! I loved watching Dr. Stone!

I'm currently rewatching all of the Harry Potter movies. I've purchased the box set too. my philosophy basically is, if I like a movie enough to rewatch it several times, I might as well just buy it. Plus, the HP movies weren't on Netflix or Disney+ and I can't afford to get a subscription on every streaming service out there.

8 hours ago, Duma said:

It's an amazing anime for sure! I loved watching Dr. Stone!

I'm currently rewatching all of the Harry Potter movies. I've purchased the box set too. my philosophy basically is, if I like a movie enough to rewatch it several times, I might as well just buy it. Plus, the HP movies weren't on Netflix or Disney+ and I can't afford to get a subscription on every streaming service out there.

Cool! Yeah, my nephew will be 13 in a couple of weeks and he's into science so I'm hoping watching Dr. Stone will get him 10,000,000,000% excited! 😉

Cool! It's been awhile. I have the box set too, but it's been awhile since I last watched them. Good movies. 🙂

I think Warner Bros. made them, so they wouldn't be on Disney+ or Netflix even, unless there was a special agreement with them.

*nods* Agreed. I have a Disney+ subscription, but that's ONLY for the vintage stuff, the newer/newest Disney stuff MOSTLY reeks like billion-year old non-dried out corpses. IMHO. 😉 That's the only streaming service I subscribe to, sometimes, I question if that's even worth it, given the garbage the Disney company cranks out these days. Ah well. lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 2:01 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

I loved Doctor stone too! I just recently finished 86 (Loved it so much that I had to read the light novel and I'm a giggly school girl and the main characters relationship! SOOO CUTE!~) I would highly recommend both watching the anime and reading the light novel, it's pretty closely following each other which is refreshing to see something not changed too much from the source material. Snow White with the Red hair is also a VERY cute anime I just started a couple days ago and finished! I'm just waiting for the second movie in the SAO; Progressive series to come out, I'm SOOOO excited for it. SAO is so near and dear to my heart, Asuna and Kirito are my ALLL TIME favorite couples/characters 🙂

I am however excited for the Percy Jackson Series on Disney+, I read those books as they came out and loved them so much, so was excited when the movies came out and they absolutely RUINED. The fans have been following Rick Riordan as he's been trying to find the right producer to bring his world to life and when they finally went with someone and started filming I was ecstatic. I was beyond pumped with the trailer came out!!

1 hour ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I loved Doctor stone too! I just recently finished 86 (Loved it so much that I had to read the light novel and I'm a giggly school girl and the main characters relationship! SOOO CUTE!~) I would highly recommend both watching the anime and reading the light novel, it's pretty closely following each other which is refreshing to see something not changed too much from the source material. Snow White with the Red hair is also a VERY cute anime I just started a couple days ago and finished! I'm just waiting for the second movie in the SAO; Progressive series to come out, I'm SOOOO excited for it. SAO is so near and dear to my heart, Asuna and Kirito are my ALLL TIME favorite couples/characters 🙂

I am however excited for the Percy Jackson Series on Disney+, I read those books as they came out and loved them so much, so was excited when the movies came out and they absolutely RUINED. The fans have been following Rick Riordan as he's been trying to find the right producer to bring his world to life and when they finally went with someone and started filming I was ecstatic. I was beyond pumped with the trailer came out!!

86? lol I doubt it, but are you talking about Maxwell Smart, agent 86 of Control? XD

tumblr_mo38cxTXL81ssjy8co3_250.gif

Played by Don Adams, one of my favorite comedic actors of all time! :D WAAAAAY better than the movie with Steve Carrel. 😉 (Or however his name is spelled)

LOL I just had to. lol I'm still a HUGE fan of the Get Smart series, even though it hasn't been on TV in ages. I used to watch reruns as a kid on Nick at Nite. lol

So, obviously I'm not familiar with the anime 86. lol

It seems you are keyed into romantic relationships as your focus in anime, would that be a fair assessment? XD

I haven't gotten to Snow White with the Red Hair yet, but I've heard good things about it.

SAO is awesome, and it's no surprise that you like Asuna and Kirito so much. lol One only need glance at your avatar to figure you're a fan. 😉

Though Aniplex can shove their over-bloated prices where the sun don't shine. 😉  From what I've seen of reviews, they overcharge us in America while other nations, like the UK don't have to pay nearly as much as we do. Again, going by complaint reviews I've read over the years at Rightstufanime's site.

I'm looking forward to what happens after the end of War of Underworld, I HOPE it'll air on Cartoon Network like all the other main SAO episodes have. I do have at least some of the movies. Oridinal Scale was interesting. Didn't really care too much for Extra Edition though.

I'm more into the story and how things are worked out, not to mention the broader interaction and relationships between all the characters. Have you seen Ouran, High School Host Club? I didn't think I'd like it starting out. A friend convinced me to watch it. But, I really got into it because of the pace of character development. Even by the last episode the characters are still developing. A shame there will never be a movie for it. but it ended pretty well, and I highly recommend it. The humorous interplay is GREAT. LOL

I haven't read the Percy Jackson books, I've seen the Lightning Thief movie, I wasn't very impressed tbh.

Unfortunately, I doubt my favorite novels will EVER become movies, which is a shame because they are so intricate and awesome. But I suppose maybe too much so, they would need the Harry Potter treatment, as in at least 1 movie per novel, maybe 2. lol There's just SO much going on that I think it would be difficult, even today, to turn them into movies.

There are 7 books in "The Death Gate Cycle" series. A wonderful fantasy novel collection that takes place in a post, post-apocalyptic world. Heck, it's not even a world anymore, it was sundered into several, ages ago. 😉

This is the longest running and most comprehensive fansite for the series, it even has images and descriptions from the PC game that was created (loosely) based upon the books. http://www.immora.com/deathgate/index.php

The game actually came in 2nd place in an International graphics contest back around 1992. The game that beat it was Warcraft II, lol Long before World of Warcraft was created. 😉 I'm betting it was the cutscenes that won the day for Warcraft II, some of the cutscenes in the Death Gate game, especially the last and CLIMACTIC one, were pretty lackluster.

• 3 weeks later...

And I'm looking at the TV off ) because I have to do an assignment that I absolutely do not want to do. I read the comments, googled it, and now I'll be stuck in front of the screen for days. Thanks for the options) I should probably pass on this essay writing service link and just take some time for myself. I must admit that I have never been able to write, but I can lie down and watch soap operas just fine)))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm currently actively keeping up with new eps of S3 of The Mandalorian (!!) (or really all of the Star Wars streaming series, if I'm being honest), Law & Order: SVU, and 9-1-1: Lonestar, and I'm falling away from Grey's Anatomy. I have never experienced such a rapid and spectacular decline in interest as I have with the return of Season 19 of Grey's. Jeez. Not sure if the quality really has tanked, or if I've just done a lot of growing up since the mid-2000s.

I'm also doing a casual Community rewatch and a more dedicated Madam Secretary rewatch. "Henry McCord become real and marry me" challenge.

I know that copyright infringement is, y'know, a thing, but I would die for a Grogu-inspired PB option. A Poogle or Kacheek (or maybe even Kiko or Lutari?) could definitely pull it off!

• 3 months later...

I am rewatching Castle with my roomate who hasn't seen it but have binge watched Big Bang Theory, Supernatural, Bones, Criminal Minds, CSI franchise, NCIS franchise, House MD, Star Trek/Next Generation/Deep Space Nine/Voyager/Picard (those are a few i can remember but there have been plenty more)

Newer shows i watch The Good Doctor, Blacklist, Equalizer, Blue Bloods, Fire Country, The Rookie/Rookie Feds, Law & Order SVU/OC, Chicago Med/Fire/PD and Will Trent

• 3 weeks later...

I'm re-watching the original Charmed series at the moment. Still love it although I can clearly see some less than perfect special effects now that I never noticed back in the 90's/early 2000 when it first aired.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently watching Star Wars: The Force awakens. I am a great fan of star wars series. In fact, it is one of the greatest sci fi. series ever produced with great storyline and commendable cast. I recently bought a green lightsaber used by Darth Vader in this movie. I have collected many lightsabers of different characters. I would definitely recommend this movie to you all.

• 3 months later...

At the moment I'm watching a 2008 Chinese TV series called The Myth. It's pretty cool Jackie Chan directed the series. The 2005 movie was also good, but it's all in Chinese. 😁 Maybe I'm a bit of a sucker for kungfu/time travel TV shots because I grew up watching stuff like that. 

Currently watching a blast from the past. Filmation's Ghostbusters cartoon from the 1980s. Unlike "The Real Ghostbusters", which was based off the movie with Bill Murray, Filmation's version, was a continuation of a LIVE-Action series called Ghostbusters that they did in the 70s. In this animated continuation the sons of the previous, live-action Ghostbusters take the reins. Teaming up with their dads' old partner, Tracey the gorilla. Who invents all of their ghost-busting gadgets.

I liked both of the series growing up, but Filmation's Ghostbusters, while a little cheesy, is definitely more creative. Just my opinion on that. 😉 I got bored trying to binge "The Real Ghostbusters" dvds, someday I'll go back and finish Season 2 and the rest of it. lol

Anyway, FIlmation's Ghostbusters is available for free on Youtube.

Here is the opening.

And here's the link to the playlist with all of the episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV4Ztn9euy7QYRzYFdcknAXRoyE2LTQQ6

Enjoy! ;D

• 2 weeks later...

I am embarrassed to admit I'm rewatching Grey's Anatomy. I used to watch it ages ago (stopped around season 10 based on my netflix history) and stopped because of how ridiculous it got with plotlines and drama. But now I'm enjoying it as a silly little break from reality. It's been a wild ride and I'm only up to season 12 our of the 19 they have on netflix 🤣

• 4 weeks later...

I recently watched a series with a murder mystery and I really liked the acting as well as the script of the series, my friends also appreciated it and we were simply surprised when we saw that there was a themed party on the theme of this series murder mystery dinner London I think this is the best thing that could happen to the company introduces the actors and the game lasts about three hours, I think everyone who watched any series would like to experience it in real life