What are you watching right now?

pollard5245

On 8/29/2019 at 4:30 PM, luckyhelen said:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Me and the Lady both loved this  Great soundtrack, captured the era well. LOL's in the cinema for the finale! 

My friends have been telling me to watch this!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm attempting to watch through every season of The Simpsons. I'm near the end of season 3 so far, so I've got a loooong way to go.

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2019 at 7:25 AM, Robin Hood said:

I'm attempting to watch through every season of The Simpsons. I'm near the end of season 3 so far, so I've got a loooong way to go.

Yeah, I gave up on that. I think I made it to season 13 or 14, but the episodes were so unfunny that I gave up. Now I'm watching South Park.

I used to LOVE South Park, but I've not seen it for close to 20 years (20 years?! ?) I wonder if I'd end up finding it a bit eyeroll-y now.

I saw a fair amount of House recently, gotta love Hugh Laurie. :D Pretty sure I've only seen him in comedy roles prior to that, though he has done other serious stuff. I wonder if any of the people in the US who were introduced to him through House have checked out Blackadder... that's a bit of stellar UK comedy.

39 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I used to LOVE South Park, but I've not seen it for close to 20 years (20 years?! ?) I wonder if I'd end up finding it a bit eyeroll-y now.

I saw a fair amount of House recently, gotta love Hugh Laurie. :D Pretty sure I've only seen him in comedy roles prior to that, though he has done other serious stuff. I wonder if any of the people in the US who were introduced to him through House have checked out Blackadder... that's a bit of stellar UK comedy.

Well it's on Hulu, maybe I'll check it out. As for South Park, it's pretty funny, but it's always played for laughs. I like comedy, but I also like emotion. It's something The Simpsons (Well, the first 8 seasons) has that South Park lacks. A show that's constantly played for laughs with little else doesn't keep me engaged for very long.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Blackadder... that's a bit of stellar UK comedy.

it's one of my favorite shows of all time :D 

i first saw Hugh Laurie as a guest star on Friends where he annoyed the heck out of Rachel on the plane to London where she was going to stop Ross from marrying the obnoxious Emily  

it was years later when i realized he was on that Spice Girls Movie which I watched and re-watched 100s of times .. I just didn't know who he was then 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm watching Tremors.

image.png.1e49020835016c5df0f322d0a2a14561.png

So kitschy it's just awesome; this film stands up to the test of time pretty well,  I hear Kevin Bacon's not so thrilled that it's basically a cult classic now though. 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

InuYasha is amazing to watch. I am re-watching Naruto at the moment. Almost at episode 300 into Shippuuden again.

@Duma, @ohml

I absolutely love Inuyasha! It was one of my first animes I watched -- next to Big O and some other older ones.

At the moment, I just finished the 3rd season of My Hero Academia -- but been caught up with other things now, so haven't gotten to the 4th season/anything else to watch.

I did re-watch Assassination Classroom though!

@Ennoshima couldn't help but notice your Jiji pfp. i love it.

Yup, I have really made a dent in my plan to watch list as of late. TBH watching My hero is a chore, I'm only watching cus everyone else does lol.

@Duma growin up watching the big three shounen, I gotta say, even with my nostalgia goggles, the older long running shounen are way better! Inuyasha and yu yu hakusho are much more thrilling than naruto and bleach. they are still great though.

Bleach did get boring, still didn't watch everything. Every time I start I can manage to watch it again for a couple dozen episodes and then I get bored again. Naruto is one of my all time favorites, I don't get bored of it. InuYasha en Blood+ are my first anime's I've watched. They're the ones that got me into anime. Since then I've watched so many anime's I can't even keep count. I did start on making a list last year but I'm sure I forgot some.

I oddly finished Bleach -- probably the only longer anime I ever will finish. (I was recovering from surgery -- so not much else for me to do). That was years ago though.

@ohml I love Jiji -- thank you! : >

On 5/6/2020 at 2:20 PM, Ennoshima said:

I oddly finished Bleach -- probably the only longer anime I ever will finish. (I was recovering from surgery -- so not much else for me to do). That was years ago though.

@ohml I love Jiji -- thank you! : >

Must have missed this lol. How would you compare it to the other anime you watch. Actually, what kind of anime do you watch? 

Lately I've watched The Rise of Skywalker and I'm not all impressed by this movie. It felt way too rushed and didn't have the traditional star wars energy to it. But then again I'm not a fan of the new trilogy anyways.

We watched the Season 7 of The Clone Wars and so many feelings at the end! How they tied everything together was splendid!

Last night I watched Maleficient: Mistress of Evil and I was expecting something more dark then what it was. It was good but not fantastic.

My youngest has been watching Moana constantly! Like every waking moment Moana has to be on. She's also been watching Bluey with her sisters and that one's alright for a couple episodes then it just gets too boring.

1 hour ago, Mouseykins said:

Lately I've watched The Rise of Skywalker and I'm not all impressed by this movie. It felt way too rushed and didn't have the traditional star wars energy to it.

I agree . Way too many plot Duh moments and didn't sync well with the earlier movies

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi!
I'm watching the Paper House right now.
There are a lot of bright, memorable characters (bravo here to the actors, who did an awesome job). I really like Tokyo - the girl is beautiful, charismatic, desperate - she gets my maximum sympathy. Her boyfriend Rio, as they often say in the series, is the "weakest link" of the bunch - young (12 years younger than Tokio) and thus more hesitant and less aggressive than the others. In fact, this is the only couple I personally find interesting to watch. Maybe because I had a similar relationship with the same age difference, or maybe the actors just did their best.

I definitely recommend Archive 81
I, literally from the first minutes of the plot of watching the first series "stuck" on what is happening on the screen. Of course, initially I got acquainted with the novelty thanks to the advertising trailer. But recently I stopped trusting them, because they usually contain only the "tastiest" and brightest moments, the "stuffing" so to speak, and then the whole cake is not so sweet, as it is told in a few minutes trailer.
But even in this one, I saw something that caught my eye.