What's your big NP maker?

Secretly A Pony

Ugh! I cannot do restocking! I get some small good deals, but I continually miss the big ones, even in the "beginner" shops, and waiting around for the shop(s) I want to restock so I can try again is causing me more frustration than profit. I know anything that's not games requires patience. It's that I have to wait around, doing little things while minding the clock that's wearing my patience thin. I make more profit finding deals (snipes?) on the Super Shop Wizard (by the way, that is the best perk of premium, hands down!).

I've heard of people making several thousands or making millions from the stock market, but it seems my skills don't lie there either. Anything from the battledome is out because my pet is too weak at the moment. I seem to do well with the food club because I've won so far on the few bets I've made. I already play the mobile app, but that caps out at 50K. Yes, that's a lot on its own (to me anyway), but I don't want to stop there.

So, what's everyone's big profit maker and how do you do it?

It used to be games for me but lately I haven't been playing any. I do Trudy's, occasionally I play Ghoul Catchers, sell my stuff from the battledome (I have a decently trained pet) buy stocks and bet on Food Club.

Stocks is easy, you just buy 1000 shares that are worth 15 (or 10 if you have the boon from the obelisk battles) and then you wait. I just check them when I do my dailies so it's not that I'll sit around all day refreshing. When they reach 60 I'll sell. You can wait longer or less long, doesn't matter. Some of them will go up very high (100+) but not all, so you can just see what it's doing, as long as it's going up you wait and when you think it might drop or you don't want to risk it or you see it dropping you sell. It's a slow process tho but eventually they all go up.

Food club is more complicated to create bets from scratch but if you just follow someone else's bets and read some explanations you'll get the hang out of it. You don't have to create your own bets of course, you can just keep on following others. That's what I'm doing.

For Trudy's it's just important to spin every day and while you're at it, collect your interest.

Then sell every item you don't need/want from your dailies and you'll make a nice profit monthly all in all.

Formerly it was Food Club, but since I've been neglecting to bet it's now the profit I make off of selling Battledome items (codestones, neocola tokens).

I have the advantage of an old account with both: around 7k max per bet, and a pet I've been training for years. I battle the Kreludan S750 Defender Robot - he's pretty easy to take down with only 14 HP on Easy.

BD, because I'm premium and get nerks and bubbling fungus, now and then I get a good restock, and though I don't know if I profit in the long run, nerks to get brushes and opening grab bags to get valuable items. That's a gamble though. FC I do fairly often but my account isn't old enough to make staggering amounts (6 years).

17 minutes ago, jaydeed said:

BD, because I'm premium and get nerks and bubbling fungus, now and then I get a good restock, and though I don't know if I profit in the long run, nerks to get brushes and opening grab bags to get valuable items. That's a gamble though. FC I do fairly often but my account isn't old enough to make staggering amounts (6 years).

I had a nerkmid suddenly appear in my inventory yesterday! So, that's where it came from!

Cool! But that was from a random event; an alien Aisha leaves you gross food or a nerk. When I say I get nerks it's b/c I battle in the Premium dome and that's a possible prize. Sorry for the confusion!

I will agree that stock market is easy. 

Here is a small screenshot of some of my current stocks. 

The red and blue columns are the only ones you need to understand really. Red is most important. It shows what the current value of the stock you own is at in terms of points. 60 is optimal for selling as can be seen in the yellow row.  Blue column shows you how much you will get for selling at that current value. so yellow row shows that PEOP which is at 60 will sell for 360,000 NP. 

You really don't need to understand anything else.  So if you see a 60 click sell :P

RenderedImage.JPG

I get lucky with randomly getting expensive items to sell! For example, I bought a full set of lab map pieces and then sold the extra ones that I got through random events. Oh and playing Trudy's, too. 

I've never bet on the Food Club before, but it seems pretty straight-forward. 

You guys helped me remember that I bought stocks a while ago! They're not quite at 60 yet, but I'm gonna take your advice and sell them as soon as they do. ?

1 hour ago, queenofthebats said:

For some reason I have very consistently good luck at Coconut Shy? Probably the only reason I have any neopoints is from selling what I win from that game. That, and the whole Trudy thing.

Really?! I get so frustrated by that quiggle's evil giggle that I can only play a few times before giving up...but, I guess that's what the mute button is for haha

Mine is really just Ghoul Catchers, Trudy, and Food Club. Stocks for long game. My SDB is full of crap I should sell, but I'm too lazy. Plus my battledome drops have been crap the past week. I think I got 2 red codestones, 2 neggs, and a bunch of rubbish fodder over the last 7 days. Oh, well. It be like that sometimes. I've never attempted restocking, and I doubt I ever will. Sounds just awful to me.

8 hours ago, Secretly A Pony said:

Ghoul Catchers seems to have a glitch right now. It says I'm awarded neopoints, but the neopoints never appear on my account.

Yeah, that has been happening for a while now. Just ignore it and either count how many games you've played or watch your NP's on hand. When they don't go up you've reached your max.

I think the best way to get neopoints is just to keep at it.   There's no certain way to get a bunch short term.  Get yourself a routine, games or dailies or whatever work for you, and do them each day, every day, no exceptions.   And a month or two down the road, you'll have a pile of neopoints.

• 1 year later...

When I came back from my 10 year break, I had nothing. I was basically a new player, with a 10 year old account, and I just did dailies every single day, and hoarded everything, did trudy everyday for the 100k on day 25. I've only been back a little over a month now and I have more money now than I've ever had. I also sell a lot of my battledome rewards, and if I don't need it I put it in my shop.

2 hours ago, ClockNotWork said:

When I came back from my 10 year break, I had nothing. I was basically a new player, with a 10 year old account, and I just did dailies every single day, and hoarded everything, did trudy everyday for the 100k on day 25. I've only been back a little over a month now and I have more money now than I've ever had. I also sell a lot of my battledome rewards, and if I don't need it I put it in my shop.

Have you read up about Charity Corner?

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=charity_corner

It might be worth your while so you can make an informed decision about selling or stockpiling. It might be a little late for you to save enough stuff to get the best perks

These are the perks that are currently in play from last year's event. http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2019/perks/

But buying Sticky Snowballs from the Healing Springs is likely to be a good option whichever way you go.

They are dirt cheap but earn you a whopping 8 CC points. I've been buying them from the Springs since the last event ended in May and have 2078 right this second. So that's 16624 CC points which will cover most of the cost of the two best perks - increased bank interest and cheaper stocks - depending on if TNT tweak the numbers again.

Alternatively you can sell them, they never drop much below 1k so easy money, (right now cheapest seems to be 1250) and that doubles or more during the event so those are a win/win either way. :D

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Have you read up about Charity Corner?

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=charity_corner

It might be worth your while so you can make an informed decision about selling or stockpiling. It might be a little late for you to save enough stuff to get the best perks

These are the perks that are currently in play from last year's event. http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2019/perks/

But buying Sticky Snowballs from the Healing Springs is likely to be a good option whichever way you go.

They are dirt cheap but earn you a whopping 8 CC points. I've been buying them from the Springs since the last event ended in May and have 2078 right this second. So that's 16624 CC points which will cover most of the cost of the two best perks - increased bank interest and cheaper stocks - depending on if TNT tweak the numbers again.

Alternatively you can sell them, they never drop much below 1k so easy money, (right now cheapest seems to be 1250) and that doubles or more during the event so those are a win/win either way. :D

Hahaha it's funny you mention this. I found out about sticky snowballs by mistake. I was wondering why people were buying and selling them for 1k, and I had sold 1 on my shop, but then I noticed they were dirt cheap at the healing fountain so I looked it up. I realized what they were for. So now I have been slowly saving them in my SDB. I don't have a ton, but I just try to collect as many as I can. Also I been collecting these plushies from the battledome I get a lot they have a rarity of 90-93 something like that. 

12 hours ago, ClockNotWork said:

Also I been collecting these plushies from the battledome I get a lot they have a rarity of 90-93 something like that. 

Yeah a LOT of the BD prizes are great for Charity Corner, lots of rares. :D

• 1 month later...

Food club is the most consistent for me.

Funny how BD is less reliable than gambling. I get like 4 reds and other times I just get a couple tans and bottled faeries smh. I guess it would change if i had premium

On 5/5/2020 at 10:50 PM, ohml said:

Food club is the most consistent for me.

Funny how BD is less reliable than gambling. I get like 4 reds and other times I just get a couple tans and bottled faeries smh. I guess it would change if i had premium

Try battling against Koi Warrior.

I think Doom of the Deep has the highest chance of dropping codestones.

Even if you don't get codestones, most of the prizes worth 6 points at CC (e.g. water pizza, deluxe water pizza, necklace of water faerie, realm of the water faeries, and two plushies which I forgot their names)

1 hour ago, 616.1314 said:

Try battling against Koi Warrior.

I think Doom of the Deep has the highest chance of dropping codestones.

Even if you don't get codestones, most of the prizes worth 6 points at CC (e.g. water pizza, deluxe water pizza, necklace of water faerie, realm of the water faeries, and two plushies which I forgot their names)

I Do battle the koi warrior. Only thing profitable are reds and the water pizzas. Since tans go right back into training. It does make money, just not as much as foodclub. I've been making 100k a day this past week lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone's tips about the Food Club made me go and check it out. With a 16 and a half year account, I've made over a million in a couple of weeks!! Had two days with zero return that made me doubt, but every other day I have made my money back and then some. Made something like 400,000np yesterday alone as a decent odds bet came through for me!!

Previously I'd relied on flash games and dailies which is so very slow in comparison!