Hello My Dudes!

Uhtsceatha

Hello everyone! I'm Uht (or Casual, if you're going by my long-standing Neopets alias), and I've recently started getting back into Neopets after playing on and off again for years. I'd really like to talk about the site more, so I'm giving the forums a try! I recently got my wife to create an account, but she's a first-time user and is still learning the basics of the site.

I'm on an avatar kick at the moment, and slowly making my way through flash games I haven't touched in a long while. 

Excited to be part of the community! ?

Hi, welcome! ?‍♀️

Neo must be fun to discover for the first time, I hope your wife's enjoying it! Super helpful to have a veteran player to steer you around newbie pitfalls too, I could have done with that back when I originally started playing in '02. ?

Hello! ?

Yeah, I wish I had gotten more guidance when I first joined (because I ended up learning a lot the hard way). She joined right when this year's GMC started and I had to talk her down a lot during the early challenges... many strong words yelled at her laptop haha.

Overall however, she really is enjoying it, and I'm helping her work towards some really cute pets. We're also gross so if TNT ever sees any of our sappy love note neomails... I'm sorry lol

6 minutes ago, Angeló said:

a girl i once dated called it childish and we eventually ended it a week later :D

It was clearly doomed as soon as she said that. ?

56 minutes ago, Uhtsceatha said:

She joined right when this year's GMC started and I had to talk her down a lot during the early challenges... many strong words yelled at her laptop haha.

HAHAHA, I guess you've warned her about the Daily Dare, too. ?

41 minutes ago, Angeló said:

a girl i once dated called it childish and we eventually ended it a week later :D

Ahh good... that's a red flag if I've ever seen one. Spend your neopoints on someone less judgy.

I really enjoy playing Neopets with my wife because our video game interests don't really overlap, so this is something we can do together when we're on our computers.

34 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

HAHAHA, I guess you've warned her about the Daily Dare, too.

Ooh yeah, and she's already going hard into practicing flash games lol. She's actually pretty good, and I won't be surprised if she beats me to some of the harder game avatars. Also jealous. We'll see.

Thanks for the welcome, guys! ?

Welcome to the forums and welcome back to Neopets! It's great to see you can enjoy it with your wife! Also, if you're ever not sure about something yourself, feel free to ask. Even a veteran still has questions at times, I know I do lol.

• 2 months later...