So is it me or this plot's writing (EDIT: and art) is the worst thing

redespeon

I'd LOVE to know the thoughts behind why TNT decided to have inter-species breeding then, it's pretty bizarre, ESPECIALLY when you consider those sometimes enormous differences in size between species, which the same TNT came up with. It's most definitely gonna have meant some future dads needing to stand on a stool to do the deed. ?

The plot's dull in the way of writing done by adults with no imagination or writing skill, isn't it, it's a special kind of hum-drum. This is where today's TNT fall way short of the original team, because they were all creatives and employed because of that, where as these guys are just ordinary Jumpstart staff who've been given jobs on Neo.

17 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'd LOVE to know the thoughts behind why TNT decided to have inter-species breeding then

maybe its to diversify the art .. drawing and looking a the same species over and over again is boring

also TNT physical law dont apply to comic/plot characters .. for example Kelpbeard is a very fat Koi .. while Princess Terrana is a very lean and tall Gnorbu .. 

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

maybe its to diversify the art .. drawing and looking a the same species over and over again is boring

also TNT physical law dont apply to comic/plot characters .. for example Kelpbeard is a very fat Koi .. while Princess Terrana is a very lean and tall Gnorbu .. 

Who knows ?‍♀️ I've always REALLY liked how the (original) character art doesn't stick to the typical shape and size of the breeds though, remember my thread when I couldn't work out what species the Obelisk challengers are?

I want to see a tall and skinny Chia, and a stumpy and fat Lenny. ?

43 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

Lyra climbed onto a tree, her father is an Eyrie, and he tried to knock down the tree to get her. Can Eyries not fly?

Seriously, SO PICKY, what are you wanting here, LOGIC?!

TNT: :hmmph:

23 hours ago, jellysundae said:

?

these guys are just ordinary Jumpstart staff who've been given jobs on Neo.

You know, I'd failed to consider that they're a company that make their money making entertainment for VERY young children. 

They're probably used to kids not knowing better, but they're not quite considering that their shell of a site has mostly people over 20 fueled by nostalgia as its main userbase now.

52 minutes ago, redespeon said:

You know, I'd failed to consider that they're a company that make their money making entertainment for VERY young children. 

They're probably used to kids not knowing better, but they're not quite considering that their shell of a site has mostly people over 20 fueled by nostalgia as its main userbase now.

But in turn I'd maybe not considered that Jumpstart has its own artists and other creative people, so there's not really any excuse for how achingly DULL this plot is. The artwork is lazy but it's acceptable, but the story is so trite that no-one should have been paid for writing it. I mean, a person actually employed as a writer... surely not, this really seems like something put together by people with no story-telling ability. Unless, as you say, it's written by someone used to catering to 4 year olds... ?‍♀️

I suppose it's the old thing of how we were spoilt rotten for creativity by the original TNT, so unless JS have staff members with the same level of skill and imagination we're never gonna be happy, and they quite clearly don't anyway. ?

I really don't think they planned this story out very far, and now they're just making it up as it goes along, because I really don't think it has any sense of direction. It reads like a bad roleplay or something, and with the addition of the SS. Deus ex Machina, I am just completely lost. And Lyra is the worst kind of DeviantArt Mary Sue.

On 1/7/2019 at 6:28 AM, jellysundae said:

but the story is so trite that no-one should have been paid for writing it

I honestly think they were never going to have this plot, but push from the community pressured them into presenting us with this hot garbage in the leadup to their new app. Which, by the way, I'm hoping isn't going to be integral to this "plot" or site events in general. I only recently got my first smart phone, and even then I had to wait a while before Ghoul Catchers was patched to work on my phone... and that's not even integral to enjoying the site, but I was still so salty that I was missing out on 50k a day that I couldn't do anything about. I know it doesn't mean anything to shout 'that's not fair' because that isn't the way the world or even the site works, but I really think that JS is just completely tonedeaf to their audience's needs and wants.

36 minutes ago, Uhtsceatha said:

I honestly think they were never going to have this plot, but push from the community pressured them into presenting us with this hot garbage in the leadup to their new app.

If it was then the same community's reaction now should teach 'em a lesson, JS and Neopians both. ?

I've no idea why they went for an actual plot instead of just another cute little mini event for the map updates, makes no sense to me.

I'm also worried by how quickly they're pumping out plots. Even if we completely ignore the all time low of quality we've reached, didn't plots use to be something that happened every 2-3 years, at the most? And they didn't even use to have yearly stuff like Charity Corner and the Game Master Challenge at the time either, making the plots an expecially awaited event.

But they're releasing big site events at a yearly pace now. Not only are they losing their luster, they keep getting worse and worse.