Lyra and the Lost Heirloom: Ruins of Thanyros

hrtbrk

58 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i can't get the Timer achievement no matter how much i try

i did everything possible !

Same. My best time is 26 seconds, and that's as long as no scarab blocks are in my path. I've tried over and over but can't get below 26 seconds. I think I need to find a faster computer--my laptop is ancient.

1 hour ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Same. My best time is 26 seconds, and that's as long as no scarab blocks are in my path. I've tried over and over but can't get below 26 seconds. I think I need to find a faster computer--my laptop is ancient.

4 minutes ago, LordFarquaad said:

Really? I didn't have much trouble, but it was a close one. Maybe your computer is slow? You could try closing other applications or even restarting your PC

The problem isn't necessarily your computer. It's the fact that the game is super laggy and doesn't always cooperate and do what it's supposed to. I'm on a super fast iMac and the game is super laggy for me. I've gotten to 28 seconds so far.

1 minute ago, Granny63020 said:

Where is the forward key? I don't seem to understand.

you press Right Arrow to move forward 

but you have to have your mouse cursor inside the game for Lyra to move , so point your mouse and click .. then start moving Lyra

Thank you, yes, I did that but looking at the map and this tip I guess threw me off. I was looking for a forward button. I get it now I just didn't understand it before.

*The doors take a lot of effort before it responds to you pressing the keys. Our suggestion is to continuously hold down the forward key, while pressing which way you wish the rotating door to move (left, right, up, down).

OK now that I get ti I,m wondering if the achievements can be accomplished 1 at a time or if you click sumbit it is over and you can not submit anything else.

Edited by Granny63020

1 hour ago, MariaWB said:

This game is either severely broken, or there's a trick I'm not getting

It's a bit of both. Severely broken but there's kind of a trick to get the doors to move. You have to continually be pressing forward and hit the doors at the right angle. 

1 hour ago, Granny63020 said:

OK now that I get ti I,m wondering if the achievements can be accomplished many at a time or if you click sumbit it is over and you can not submit anything else.

You can submit as many times as you want to get the achievements. This isn't like regular neopoint awarding games where you only get 3 chances. I submitted my scores separately for each achievement. I haven't been able to get the Timer one yet though. Too tired tonight so I'm going to give that one a go tomorrow and not give in until I get it finished.

I eventually managed to beat the 25 seconds, but it took me a heck of a lot of attempts! Finally cracked it when I didn't get any of the scarab-hiding blocks (which severely hold you up when trying for this) in my path. I also had a continuous problem with door 3 refusing to budge, then realised taking a quick step back before pushing it really helped.

56 minutes ago, Dilley88 said:

I got out in 24 seconds.

I don't know if it helped but when I pushed the rotating door, I also clicked on it with the cursor continuously, it opened up faster than pressing on the arrow key repeatedly.

This actually helped me get it! at exactly 25 seconds, phew. Until I tried combo clicking + holding the key the doors only opened like 1/4th of the time upon coming into contact with them for extended periods.

LOL, so here's how things went for me in the last few moments...

OOH, a new thread about the plot, things must be happening!

*gets a bit excited*

*reads comments*

?

*decides to go hide under a rock instead*

I mean I'll go check it out, but I'm wanting to leave trying it for now in the undoubtedly foolish hope that it'll be fixed. ?

And having read the new installment of the story I'm more irritated than ever at them portraying Lyra as such a super-stereotypical snowflake generation kid. Maybe this whole thing will be parable about don't be a helicopter parent?

5 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Thank you, yes, I did that but looking at the map and this tip I guess threw me off. I was looking for a forward button. I get it now I just didn't understand it before.

*The doors take a lot of effort before it responds to you pressing the keys. Our suggestion is to continuously hold down the forward key, while pressing which way you wish the rotating door to move (left, right, up, down).

OK now that I get ti I,m wondering if the achievements can be accomplished 1 at a time or if you click sumbit it is over and you can not submit anything else.

Technically, you can't get all the achievement in one go .. because you need to collect all scarabs and coins scattered around the map ... so it's impossible to do that with turning only 5 doors and in less than 25 seconds .. 

So I had a wander around with Lyra, I really like the visuals of this, and I love the music. ☺️

I'm not going to be able to manage anything within a time limit, especially as I've not worked out how to move the doors yet, but I do like the game.

5 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

I managed to get all the achievements other than "Keeping up with the Xendriks". From what I understand, it's not one of the game achievements, but how do I get that one? Thanks

The solution for that achievement is currently unknown.

@jellysundae Press your arrow key down when you run into the door instead of tapping your key. They seem to activate better when you continuously have Lyra running into them. See if you can do the other achievements, even if you can't do the timer one. Good luck!

(This was  harder to type thanks to a keysmashing, desk-climbing toddler)

1 hour ago, Mouseykins said:

@jellysundae Press your arrow key down when you run into the door instead of tapping your key. They seem to activate better when you continuously have Lyra running into them. See if you can do the other achievements, even if you can't do the timer one. Good luck!

(This was  harder to type thanks to a keysmashing, desk-climbing toddler)

Well, um, can I admit at this point that the door I was tryng - and unsurprisingly failing - to go through was the brick archway Lyra had clearly just come in by? ? Once I'd actually looked at the guide I got on a bit better, fancy that, huh?! ?‍♀️ xD

I did find just holding the arrow key down worked best, yep. ☺️

4 hours ago, Aranel said:

I was all excited that I finally seemed to be able to make the doors move... and then suddenly one glitched, and got stuck partway turned???? I could walk around still, but the door was at a weird diagonal and I couldn't make it move anymore. Weird!

More evidence to the fact that the game is a hot mess lol.

I still haven't even attempted the Timer achievement today. I just don't even want to deal with the game lol.