Battledome questions

Hello friends, welcome to Emily's winter break where I actually have time to spend on neopets! I am trying to get my account a bit more together, and one of the areas I am working on is the battledome....  So two questions, one about training, one about weapons...

For training, at what point do y'all recommend just training level at the Mystery island training school to get to the secret one?  I'm currently at the 5 codestone level...

image.png

Second, I am looking to at some point in the (hopefully) near future upgrading my weapon set.  Currently this is my set...

image.png

Which I mainly use the plot weapons, and do not use the gridlock gun since it got nerfed.  I am thinking the next item I may get is the H4000 Helmet but also that is quite expensive, but may be worth it long term.  Thoughts?  

I too have been thinking about the skipping to the secret ninja training because my battledome pet is above level 200 and regular non-secret island training takes 8 codestones and 24 hours, which is so very tedious.  However, this "skipping" means training exclusively in level for about 50 levels, which means 50 days!  That's two months of just getting leveled up and I'm quite sure I do not have the discipline to do that. 

For you, that's 139 levels.  The first 50 of those levels you may get 2 or even 3 done per day, but that still means a month of just doing levels.  Then you still have 89 more levels to go, and realistically, it'll take you a whole day to do each one.  So, you'd have to dedicate yourself to studying level for 4 months before you're allowed to go to the secret ninja training facility.  You may be able to do that and are a better combat pet trainer than I will ever be.

Remember, though, that you won't be training up your strength and defense during this time, so you'll have to wait to get any more damage multipliers.  Your weapons and shields will be as powerful as they are today but no stronger for 4 months.

Honestly, I can't remember when I decided to make the jump to the secret school. It might have been around 7 codestones (i.e. level 150), but I'm glad I did. I was getting a max of one training per day at the old rate, but that instantly bumped up to 3-4 when I got up there.

Strictly monetarily speaking (assuming codestone needs are random), normal codestones average for ~4,700NP apiece while red codestones go for ~23,300NP. That means that when you start paying 5 codestones for the regular school, it would be advantageous to switch over to the secret school.

That being said, it will take you a while to get there, so be ready for the lull in stats progression and be sure you have a good source of income to buy the codestones you need.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about good equipment, so I'm no help there.

2 hours ago, spencerkatty said:

Honestly, I can't remember when I decided to make the jump to the secret school. It might have been around 7 codestones (i.e. level 150), but I'm glad I did. I was getting a max of one training per day at the old rate, but that instantly bumped up to 3-4 when I got up there.

Strictly monetarily speaking (assuming codestone needs are random), normal codestones average for ~4,700NP apiece while red codestones go for ~23,300NP. That means that when you start paying 5 codestones for the regular school, it would be advantageous to switch over to the secret school.

That being said, it will take you a while to get there, so be ready for the lull in stats progression and be sure you have a good source of income to buy the codestones you need.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about good equipment, so I'm no help there.

That is exactly what I needed to know.  I am willing to wait it out and am in no hurry, so waiting for the next bump is okay with me ?

On 12/16/2018 at 10:35 PM, emily_speck_15 said:

Hello friends, welcome to Emily's winter break where I actually have time to spend on neopets! I am trying to get my account a bit more together, and one of the areas I am working on is the battledome....  So two questions, one about training, one about weapons...

For training, at what point do y'all recommend just training level at the Mystery island training school to get to the secret one?  I'm currently at the 5 codestone level...

image.png

Second, I am looking to at some point in the (hopefully) near future upgrading my weapon set.  Currently this is my set...

image.png

Which I mainly use the plot weapons, and do not use the gridlock gun since it got nerfed.  I am thinking the next item I may get is the H4000 Helmet but also that is quite expensive, but may be worth it long term.  Thoughts?  

Hi Emily, first on Training. I recommend getting as close as you can to the 8-stone range. @discobiscuit said, it would take you a long time just of training Level to reach to where you can start in the Ninja Training School, and you wouldn't be getting any other stats really from training.

I recommend getting as far as you can go in the regular codestone training for a couple of reasons.

1) "Powerleveling" to be able to go into the Ninja Academy causes a higher demand for Red Codestones once reached, which tends to increase the price as demand and supplies change. For those who are already several training tiers into the Red Codestone school, this makes it even more expensive on them, myself included. (Though I don't train as much as I used to these days.) So of course I wouldn't be big on this method. I didn't make the run to powerlevel my pet until he was already well into the 8-stone range. At that point, the regular codestones were ridiculously expensive, as it was during the Obelisk War, and I was blowing up to 40k-90k+ a day depending on which codestones I was asked for. (This was long before Trudy's Surpise with it's great Free NP)  Frankly, I didn't like powerleveling up, not even that much. But I wanted to do my best in the war, and I was able to in part because I had been training stats in balance for years. I knew my pet, his underpowered-arsenal and what he could do. And he did not disappoint. ?

2) It'll cost you a lot of NP in the short-term to train for months just your level. You'd have to train daily and you'd probably want to set times to start training so you would be available to be online when one session ended and ready to begin a new one. Then maybe eat, or go to bed or whatever you would do while the next training session is going.

3) If you stay in the Regular Codestone range, and train daily, but ALSO do your battling every day for the 15 items you can get per day from the BD, you can build up a solid stockpile of Red Codestones as well, and hoard them until you naturally reach the Red Stone range, this will save you a good deal of NP, depending on what the market looks like when you reach it. Especially if you have a lot of the more rare red stones saved up. Like Cui, Vux, or Zeds. And if you need to sell some Red Stones to supplement your NP, not only are you sure to sell them pretty quickly, but as long as you are in the regular stone range, you are not "taking" from the codestone types you are currently using.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, if you WANT to powelevel, or just would like some tips on increasing your stats. I can list off a few ways besides training that can help. If you use NC at all, then there are 2 Fortune Cookies that you might want to use. You may already know about them, but I'll list them for those who might not know.

Training Fortune Cookies, grant you 5 days (5x24hours) from the time they are opened. To where you will have a decreased training time at any of the training schools. I believe it varies between 30%-75% time reduction. It's different for each training session. It's been awhile, but I think it's 150NC. The other cookie, is called a Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie. This cookie will allow you ONE guaranteed random Faerie Quest once activated for 9 days. (9x24 hours). Like the Training cookie, it will run out at the same time of day it was activated. Only then can you open another. I like these as they are 100NC (Equivalent to $1 of NC basically) so, cheaper than the Training Fortune Cookie, plus you have a chance at getting a quest from ANY faerie. This includes Space, Soup, Shenkuu, Grey, Fyora and of course, the Fountain Faerie, besides the main elemental faeries. ? This can be a good way to augment your training school training, whether you are powerleveling or not. Especially since most faerie quest stat raisings were increased to 3, 2 in the case of the Light Faerie, and 2 of two different stats for Soup. Grey is Random, Space is.. I believe 5 levels. Shenkuu/Kaia and Fountain Faerie do not do stat increases. If you couple a Faerie Quest cookie with the Skirmish Book "Quest Refresh" you can refresh each day's quest once. This can be VERY useful at times. However, if you miss a day of questing, you won't get that quest back.

Let's see.... Levels can be raised by certain wins on Scratchcards. I don't recommend that unless you only have 1 pet on your account. As the level won is given to a random pet, not your active.   Kitchen Quests on Mystery Island can increase pretty much any stat by +1. However, you can also get items, or a pittance (under 1000) of np. Not worth the items you are usually asked for in the case of getting an NP reward. I recommend giving yourself a range of about 5k-8k np per Kitchen Quest. If the 3 or 4 items requested collectively cost MORE than that. It's probably not worth the reward. You get NO penalty for letting a Kitchen Quest expire. You can do 10 on-site quests a day. That means up to 10 Kitchen Quests, but remember that Snow Faerie and Edna quests also are counted out of the 10-quests-a-day limit. This counter resets at Midnight NST.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PHEW! ONTO the weapons!

I use some of the same weapons you do. Blazing Embers, Sword of Malum, Downsize! and when it fits the opponent, Leaf Shield. The Thistleberry Pingrenade is a SOLID bomb. If you decide to upgrade it, the recommended choice would be a Ghostkerbomb which can do a maximum of 30 icons.

Your healer should be fine from what I've heard about it. I haven't tested it, for some reason I did not get a Potion of Healing from the event. But I've heard it can heal 50% of your Max HP up to 300hp maximum.

That leaves your dual guns and Leaf Shield. Leaf Shield primarily depends on whom you're fighting. Against say, the Jelly Chia, it's an excellent shield. The only thing that would get through it would be if Jelly Chia used it's Evil Snowball against you, then some darkness would get at your pet. However, I recommend researching some of your opponents before battling them and switching you your Shield(s) depending on which opponent you are fighting. Which can be found via the following link, under the heading of Active Challengers.
http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/secret-challengers/

Of course, depending on your Faerie Abilities. Your opponent may not even get a chance to attack at all. ?

You mentioned the H4000 Helmet, and it would be a mighty Freezer for you as it can be used by Any pet. Freezer's are not everyone's cup o' tea, but I'd recommend it. I have a different freezer, but when it comes to testing the offense of weapons, having a Freezer is very useful for getting in a 3rd round without the opponent being able to move. When you are able to have both the faerie abilities of Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage, you'll be able to have 3 rounds too, if you get a freezer. ? First round would be Weapon, Weapon, Lens Flare. 2nd round would be Freezer, Weapon, Warlock's Rage, and then since the freezer freezes for the following turn, 3rd turn would be Weapon, Weapon, Offensive Faerie Ability. (Such as An Icicle).

There, I think I've covered everything. I hope this info helps. If you've any further questions feel free to ask.

Have a nice day and happy battling! ^_^

This was very interesting reading re. training, got to say. I'm not sure what to do about mine now (I'm at the 7-stone stage), I suspect I'll likely carry on as normal though so I don't confuse myself. I don't pay for training, I just use the stones I get from the BD, so there are lulls when I've run out of certain ones, but I have amassed a nice stock of reds - got between 98 and 115 of all of them. I used to sell them but started tucking them away for my own use soon enough.

15 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Hi Emily, first on Training. I recommend getting as close as you can to the 8-stone range. ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, if you WANT to powelevel, or just would like some tips on increasing your stats. I can list off a few ways besides training that can help. If you use NC at all, then there are 2 Fortune Cookies that you might want to use. You may already know about them, but I'll list them for those who might not know...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PHEW! ONTO the weapons!...

First off I just want to say thank you so much!  This is great info to know.  I think I will wait until a higher level to start powerleveling, as you made some very valid points.  I'll be honest, so far I have only really spent $5 on NC and am not planning on spending much more at this stage in life, but as I graduate in May, who knows what the future holds? ?

It is reassuring knowing that other well versed battlers use the same weapons that I do.  I believe that you may have been the person to recommend the pinegrade to me when I started battling...

And as for the potion of healing, it was orriginally awarded for having donated 200 potions to heal Malum, and then re-awarded at the 100 potion level becasue people were not happy.  

6 hours ago, emily_speck_15 said:

First off I just want to say thank you so much!  This is great info to know.  I think I will wait until a higher level to start powerleveling, as you made some very valid points.  I'll be honest, so far I have only really spent $5 on NC and am not planning on spending much more at this stage in life, but as I graduate in May, who knows what the future holds? ?

It is reassuring knowing that other well versed battlers use the same weapons that I do.  I believe that you may have been the person to recommend the pinegrade to me when I started battling...

And as for the potion of healing, it was orriginally awarded for having donated 200 potions to heal Malum, and then re-awarded at the 100 potion level becasue people were not happy.  

You're very welcome! I'm glad you find it to be "great info". It took a while to type out. lol But it's been awhile since I last had an open-ended set of questions to answer. ?

Sure, I only listed the NC options in case you or other readers were not already aware of them. The two NC cookies I spoke of, I do believe both had their duration extended, I know the Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie used to only last 7 days, instead of the now 9 days. I THINK the Training Fortune Cookie started out as only 3 days before being bumped to 5 days. So if you went with the Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie, $5 of NC would get you 45 days of 1 Random Faerie Quest each day. Of course, you need to go to the Faerie Quest building in Faerie City to accept the quests, and of course, return once you have the item. ?
I may have been! It's a surprisingly good bomb and I think was the last nail in the coffin of the Honey Potion (From Illusen's Quests), due to it's release and potential power.

OH! So it was just healing Malum? I blew a LOT of NP on potions and extra potions when it seemed like, despite the count, that there were still pages with purple haze on them. Managed to clear them all up last-minute. I don't know how many potions I used throughout the event, but I bet it was close to that hundred-marker. Oh well, as fun as it would've been to get, I already had a better healer. Still... I do like rare and odd BD equipment. ?

One other thing I forgot to mention. I like to keep the "extra" weapon slots open to change up my defense and sometimes my offense depending on which opponent I face. You can put single-use items, or other weaponry, defensive gear, etc in there so you're ready for whatever battle you decide to take on.
When I look to challenge a 1p opponent I haven't faced before, or at a different difficulty, I look at their profiles http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/secret-challengers/

Then I start looking at what defense items would help best. I also like to employ Reflectors, especially against the harder adversaries. It was one of my keys to victory when my pet was still very under-powered. lol The 50% reflectors can be useful, provided they last a couple or more turns before they break for good. Still, against foes like Tekkitu, Garoo, Space Faerie, and others back in the olde Battledome. They were very much a key to my (eventual) victories.  LOL Although, if you want a 50% Light Reflector, ignore Dual Battle Mirror and go for Expert Lens. They do the same thing, but Expert Lens doesn't break, ever, and last I checked it was very cheap. I'm not aware of cheap non-breaking replacements for the other 50% Reflectors at this time.

Oh, and don't worry about a stealing item at this time. Last I checked, stealing was still not working in the BD. Though, your movement isn't high enough to use one of the best stealers, the Heavy Robe of Thievery yet anyway. (Requires a movement stat of 201).

I doubt TNT will fix Stealing anytime soon. It just seems like a minor issue to me that they'd probably focus elsewhere first. Though it can be fun if the item you swipe is a good one! ?

Good luck!

10 hours ago, emily_speck_15 said:

so far I have only really spent $5 on NC and am not planning on spending much more at this stage in life, but as I graduate in May, who knows what the future holds?

If you decide at a later date to buy more NC - or win some from Expellibox, maybe? - the fortune cookies go on sale at some point, I only caved in and bought some earlier this year because they were half price. :ph34r:

I'm hoping for some advice or logic. I am at level 400 in the battledome and I haven't been able to make up my mind on which abiliety to train. They all sound good but I am leaning toward Adrenaline Rush. Anyone at level 400 that can tell me what they are using and why. I really like them all! Oh and what does the cooldown mean?

Level 400

Adrenaline Rush
thumb_33.png A rush of adrenaline makes you stronger and more agile. This is pretty useful if you like damaging your opponent.

"Wooooooohooooooooo!"
Effect: Total damage is increased by 8.125%.
Cost: Water x 120
Usability: Once Per Battle
Cooldown: 0
Rally Cry
thumb_32.png The fire within you can't be extinguished and you use it freely against your opponent over the course of battle.

"Cry havoc, and let slip the Gelerts of war!"
Attack: *fire**fire**fire**fire**fire**fire*
Effect: Attack has a chance of being dealt for 2 or more consecutive rounds.
Cost: Fire x 120
Reflect
thumb_31.png Politely decline your opponents generous gifts. They can keep 'em.

"You get what you give."
Effect: Reflects 66.6% of damage taken back to your opponent.
Cost: Light x 120

On 12/19/2018 at 10:24 AM, jellysundae said:

If you decide at a later date to buy more NC - or win some from Expellibox, maybe? - the fortune cookies go on sale at some point, I only caved in and bought some earlier this year because they were half price. :ph34r:

Jelly, because of you telling me about the 1/2 price sale I bought 24 cookies. I just opened 1 and I have 3 more in my inventory. I'm hoping I bought enough to last until the next 1/2 price sale. I didn't understand them until talking to you so...THANK YOU.I even put a faerie quests thing on my look up to keep track of them. Wish I had started keeping track when I 1st started using the cookies.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

7 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

I'm hoping for some advice or logic. I am at level 400 in the battledome and I haven't been able to make up my mind on which abiliety to train. They all sound good but I am leaning toward Adrenaline Rush. Anyone at level 400 that can tell me what they are using and why. I really like them all! Oh and what does the cooldown mean?

Level 400

Adrenaline Rush
thumb_33.png A rush of adrenaline makes you stronger and more agile. This is pretty useful if you like damaging your opponent.

"Wooooooohooooooooo!"
Effect: Total damage is increased by 8.125%.
Cost: Water x 120
Rally Cry
thumb_32.png The fire within you can't be extinguished and you use it freely against your opponent over the course of battle.

"Cry havoc, and let slip the Gelerts of war!"
Attack: *fire**fire**fire**fire**fire**fire*
Effect: Attack has a chance of being dealt for 2 or more consecutive rounds.
Cost: Fire x 120
Reflect
thumb_31.png Politely decline your opponents generous gifts. They can keep 'em.

"You get what you give."
Effect: Reflects 66.6% of damage taken back to your opponent.
Cost: Light x 120

Choose Reflect. ?

Adrenaline gives you a bit of an attack boost, but not really much, and it can only be used once per battle.

Rally Cry does some damage too, and MAY do Damage over Time, commonly referred to as "DoT", but only that it MAY, not that it will.

Reflect. like these other abilities, it's once per battle. HOWEVER, when your opponent attacks you, and you happen to use Reflect, you will take only 33.4% damage while the remaining 66.6% of the attack will bounce back and hit the opponent. VERY useful when timed right. ^_^ I use this now and then and it's really effective. It's effectiveness doesn't vary, but that's fine. ? If you are at level 400, then you should have access to Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage. So chances are that you might not even need the level 400 tier until there is some plot with an EPIC boss-fight. Unless you want to tackle some really powerful 1p opponents on MIGHTY difficulty. ?

Happy battling.

@Granny63020 happy to be of assistance! Though they're not on sale right now? Unless I missed it. They were 50 NC each when I bought mine months ago.

I need to do today's quest... I'm struggling to remember that I opened a cookie, but it was time for another so I could choose quest refresh from the Sway boons! Yesterday I got a quest from Fyora and she only wanted a copy of Tuskaninny Treasure‼ So a lovely amount of stats for zero NP as I have multiple copies of that book tucked away!

But now... my BD pet is level 200, so I need help to pick a new ability too, please. ☺️ @Aquamentis12 ?

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@Granny63020 happy to be of assistance! Though they're not on sale right now? Unless I missed it. They were 50 NC each when I bought mine months ago.

I need to do today's quest... I'm struggling to remember that I opened a cookie, but it was time for another so I could choose quest refresh from the Sway boons! Yesterday I got a quest from Fyora and she only wanted a copy of Tuskaninny Treasure‼ So a lovely amount of stats for zero NP as I have multiple copies of that book tucked away!

But now... my BD pet is level 200, so I need help to pick a new ability too, please. ☺️ @Aquamentis12 ?

That's easy! Warlocks Rage. Its basically a second lens flare. It can be used once per battle. The other two abilities are once per day. Tempest prevents your opponent from using weapons during the round of use just like Warlocks Rage and Snowager's Breath has an unknown chance of freezing your opponent.

So Since Warlocks Rage and Tempest's only difference is the once per day/once per battle I would take Warlocks Rage until you need to battle a BOSS over the course of days. At that time you could pick Throw Pillows and Tempest and do 2 rounds every day to beat the opponent/boss.

At least that's my strategy.

3 hours ago, Duma said:

That's easy! Warlocks Rage.

Yup! that's what I went for. ? When I realised it was another Lens Flare I was thrilled! I'm fighting the Lab Ray Scientist on Hard now as I've got my eye on this book

image.png.15e75a711ebfab57d18311e4489f3713.png

Wouldn't mind a few of those! Though I wonder if the value is so high because the drop rate is really rare... I'll find out soon enough, won't I! I wonder if my Kacheek will get annoyed if he keeps getting turned into a girl, too. ?

@ Aquamentis12 I do have the Lens Flare and Warlocks Rage. I use both all the time. I battle and train daily. I appreciate your input and it makes sense to use Reflect. Here are the ones I have yet to  beat. All of the challengers I play I beat most with just 1 hit. I also try to battle the ones that are equal to my hit points or above me.

Space Faerie 9000 & 18000 / Chiazilla 15000 & 30000 / The Snowager 16250 & 37700 / Giant Hungry Malevolent Chomby  1750 & 3500 / Down For Maintenance Pteri 1500 / Kastraliss  3200 & 6400

Qasalan Mummy 8250 & 16500 / As you can see I don't have many left to battle. So I will wait to activate the Reflect.

@jelly your right, they are not on sale at this time but as soon as they are I will be buying more! I had bought so many because you told me they were normally 100 but were 1/2 price at 50. I have used a cookie every nine days since then. Although I didn't keep track since the beginning it was pretty close to the beginning. I have received several Kaia quests and I get grey and fountain faerie quests regularly. I have changed at least 3 of my pets in the fountain dip. I think the cookies have more than paid off. I also agree that you should use Warlocks Rage. I chose the Lens Flare and Warlock Rage every battle. Most allbattles I finish with 1 hit.

@ Aquamentis12 I do have the Lens Flare and Warlocks Rage. I use both all the time. I battle and train daily. I appreciate your input and it makes sense to use Reflect. Here are the ones I have yet to  beat. All of the challengers I play I beat most with just 1 hit. I also try to battle the ones that are equal to my hit points or above me.

Space Faerie 9000 & 18000 / Chiazilla 15000 & 30000 / The Snowager 16250 & 37700 / Giant Hungry Malevolent Chomby  1750 & 3500 / Down For Maintenance Pteri 1500 / Kastraliss  3200 & 6400

Qasalan Mummy 8250 & 16500 / As you can see I don't have many left to battle. So I will wait to activate the Reflect.

@Granny63020 WOW! You must really like battling to have taken on so many challengers! It's always great to hear about people enjoying the BD! :D TBH it sounds like it's a good bet that you battle more than I do these days. If you get Reflect, I am certain you will not regret it. When you get to the last tier, level 500, it really is up to preference as to which icons might best augment your battle set, or if you change abilities frequently, you can hop around. I chose Summon Monoceraptor because Fire is a bit harder to block, though in 1p it doesn't matter too much. All the level 500 abilities are once per day too.

Happy battling!

16 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

@Granny63020 WOW! You must really like battling to have taken on so many challengers! It's always great to hear about people enjoying the BD! :D TBH it sounds like it's a good bet that you battle more than I do these days. If you get Reflect, I am certain you will not regret it. When you get to the last tier, level 500, it really is up to preference as to which icons might best augment your battle set, or if you change abilities frequently, you can hop around. I chose Summon Monoceraptor because Fire is a bit harder to block, though in 1p it doesn't matter too much. All the level 500 abilities are once per day too.

Happy battling!

Actually, I do like the BD but the main reason for battling all those challengers was to see if I could get codestones and nerkmids. I like the Giant Space Fungus the best. I get the bubbling fungus, red and regular codestones and nerkmids (not always) but the most of any other. I would be happy to get suggestions as to what players you think are the best to challenge. Also, if you can't go any higher than level 500 how in the world can you beat the ones with the high points? What is the highest you have beat?

Oh, also I play everyday to get the prizes and NPs.

Actually, I do like the BD but the main reason for battling all those challengers was to see if I could get codestones and nerkmids. I like the Giant Space Fungus the best. I get the bubbling fungus, red and regular codestones and nerkmids (not always) but the most of any other. I would be happy to get suggestions as to what players you think are the best to challenge. Also, if you can't go any higher than level 500 how in the world can you beat the ones with the high points? What is the highest you have beat?

Oh, also I play everyday to get the prizes and NPs.

Ah! An item hunter! I used to do Jelly Chia quite a lot. But now the book and stamps he can provide have dropped in price so much, I don't usually battle him anymore. For testing weapons, I've been battling Shadow Usul lately. That dome has a lot of low-price food-drops, but there is a book and a plushie exclusive to Shadow Usul, plus I might get lucky and obtain a Chocolate Ice Cream, which from the day I started playing to today, I don't understand why it sells for so much more than most of the other ice creams that are about the same rarity as it is.

Level 500 is only for the last of the Faerie Abilities. My pet's level is 1171. You just keep training. Since the boosts end at 750 stat points, some people switch to only training Level and Endurance. HP can be trained to 3x the level, and unless TNT adds more boost multipliers, the primary way to beat those with an OBSCENE amount of HP, is to increase your own HP and weaponry. Now, I continue to keep a balanced training practice for my peophin, even though it means nothing. I do it JUST IN CASE TNT ever adds more boosts for us players. But because of my stats, I'm only casually training right now. My battle set is pretty much just intermediate, maybe even on the lower side of intermediate, but I know my set and pet well enough to be ready for battle if we have a plot with battling in it. My pet is way more durable than he was at the end of the Obelisk War. ?

Hmmm... the Strongest opponent I've defeated? That's a good question. I haven't done a lot of battling lately other than weapon testing and for the Obelisk Skirmishes. Hmmm... I can't really tell. According to the BD BETA records, Ryushu the Nimmo at difficulty 250, but that doesn't make sense, because I go after Plumbeard, Tekkitu, Shadow Usul, Giant Space Fungus and some others on Mighty Difficulty, and their difficulty rating rises much higher than a measly 250! Maybe the difficulty shows the difficulty of only the first battle? Not sure.

In a sense, it's UNfortunate that I completed ALL the DoN quests before the OLD BD was taken down. Because those records aren't accessible right now. So those were probably the hardest WINNABLE battles I've done. I'm not counting Envy, the boss for Order of the Red Erisim from the Obelisk Plot. About 400 losses. lol But I did pretty well against him as far as turns-survived per battle considering my pet's stats back then! LOL

So, I don't really know the strongest opponent on mighty Difficulty I've beaten in the new BD. Just that in the Old BD I had 2343 battles, but in the new BD I've battled almost 28,000 battles. Plus a much higher win-ratio than in the old BD. lol
I don't battle all the time for items, not daily anyway. Mostly before doing Obelisk Skirmish battles. My inventory fills up quickly just doing the dailies and some other on-site things I do daily. If I battled daily then I'd really get a crammed inventory. lol

I've won a copy of Experimental Physics already ? So that's tucked away in my shop with the other unread books awaiting the next time the Book Smarts boon comes around, now let's hope I win another so I can put it up for sale. ?

6 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

plus I might get lucky and obtain a Chocolate Ice Cream, which from the day I started playing to today, I don't understand why it sells for so much more than most of the other ice creams that are about the same rarity as it is.

Same! Though no complaints when I win one, got to say. :ph34r:

17 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Ah! An item hunter! I used to do Jelly Chia quite a lot. But now the book and stamps he can provide have dropped in price so much, I don't usually battle him anymore. For testing weapons, I've been battling Shadow Usul lately. That dome has a lot of low-price food-drops, but there is a book and a plushie exclusive to Shadow Usul, plus I might get lucky and obtain a Chocolate Ice Cream, which from the day I started playing to today, I don't understand why it sells for so much more than most of the other ice creams that are about the same rarity as it is.

Level 500 is only for the last of the Faerie Abilities. My pet's level is 1171. You just keep training. Since the boosts end at 750 stat points, some people switch to only training Level and Endurance. HP can be trained to 3x the level, and unless TNT adds more boost multipliers, the primary way to beat those with an OBSCENE amount of HP, is to increase your own HP and weaponry. Now, I continue to keep a balanced training practice for my peophin, even though it means nothing. I do it JUST IN CASE TNT ever adds more boosts for us players. But because of my stats, I'm only casually training right now. My battle set is pretty much just intermediate, maybe even on the lower side of intermediate, but I know my set and pet well enough to be ready for battle if we have a plot with battling in it. My pet is way more durable than he was at the end of the Obelisk War. ?

Hmmm... the Strongest opponent I've defeated? That's a good question. I haven't done a lot of battling lately other than weapon testing and for the Obelisk Skirmishes. Hmmm... I can't really tell. According to the BD BETA records, Ryushu the Nimmo at difficulty 250, but that doesn't make sense, because I go after Plumbeard, Tekkitu, Shadow Usul, Giant Space Fungus and some others on Mighty Difficulty, and their difficulty rating rises much higher than a measly 250! Maybe the difficulty shows the difficulty of only the first battle? Not sure.

In a sense, it's UNfortunate that I completed ALL the DoN quests before the OLD BD was taken down. Because those records aren't accessible right now. So those were probably the hardest WINNABLE battles I've done. I'm not counting Envy, the boss for Order of the Red Erisim from the Obelisk Plot. About 400 losses. lol But I did pretty well against him as far as turns-survived per battle considering my pet's stats back then! LOL

So, I don't really know the strongest opponent on mighty Difficulty I've beaten in the new BD. Just that in the Old BD I had 2343 battles, but in the new BD I've battled almost 28,000 battles. Plus a much higher win-ratio than in the old BD. lol
I don't battle all the time for items, not daily anyway. Mostly before doing Obelisk Skirmish battles. My inventory fills up quickly just doing the dailies and some other on-site things I do daily. If I battled daily then I'd really get a crammed inventory. lol

I find all of the info you just put into this message and your previous messages were of great help! I can't wait to get my level and other stats up to where you are. I have 6 pets. 5 of those pets I have been training to battle. No reason, I just am. They are all in different stages. 2 training with dubloons  2 training with codestones & the main pet with red codestones. I use the other as a zap pet. I am certainly going to take everything you have said to heart with the training and BD. I know who to come to when I have questions!! Thank you so much. Oh, and about your inventory... I do all the stuff you mentioned daily as well but I always clear out the inventory a couple of times a day.

35 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

I find all of the info you just put into this message and your previous messages were of great help! I can't wait to get my level and other stats up to where you are. I have 6 pets. 5 of those pets I have been training to battle. No reason, I just am. They are all in different stages. 2 training with dubloons  2 training with codestones & the main pet with red codestones. I use the other as a zap pet. I am certainly going to take everything you have said to heart with the training and BD. I know who to come to when I have questions!! Thank you so much. Oh, and about your inventory... I do all the stuff you mentioned daily as well but I always clear out the inventory a couple of times a day.

I'm glad you're finding it all helpful! After all, that's what I'm here for, to help. lol Best of luck training all 5 of your battle pets! That will take a lot of time, effort, and training fees! It's really an incredible undertaking! Are you planning on training them ALL to the max? Or are you going to train them to different tiers battle in... Oh what do they call it... leagues? I've never participated in guild or battle leagues, I've heard only that they exist. But I know they have different rules for, levels, stats, and equipment value/cost limitations. If you enjoy battling and like 2p battling, you might look into them, perhaps on the Neoboards?

You're welcome! If you're having trouble with a specific opponent and are on a budget, chances are I can figure out some set changes. But with as much as you battle, you probably have a strong knowledge of the various equipment out there. ?

lol A couple of times a day? Wow! Aside from the 15 items from the BD per day, you must do a wicked amount of stuff on the site to fill up your inventory that much!

Happy battling!