m4a to mp3 help please.

Kute

hello all I hope someone could help here. 

I have this flash drive I use in my car to listen to music. Not sure if its the actual flash drive, or if its the car... but it will not play m4a files. Only mp3 and wma. 

Anyhow I am loading music onto it.  I have this album I recently purchased off and downloaded from itunes and it only comes in m4a version. 

1595746869_ScreenShot2018-12-06at12_48_42PM.png.b143469e47349a1575954536df79ea64.png

I looked online on how to convert m4a to mp3, but when I follow the steps provided i see this.... it says these settings do not apply to songs downloaded from the iTunes store...

1529728228_ScreenShot2018-12-06at12_48_16PM.png.57e131e461b6b170625717e4758b33d1.png

So is there anything I can do to get them to MP3? !  Any programs I can download? I can't find any help for this. 

i use a program called dbpoweramp to convert music files on my laptop ... and it's free 

you may have to download some formats separately from the codec page of the program but it's easy enough to do

I used to always just do it through iTunes - you can convert music bought in the iTunes store.

First make sure you have the import (like importing a cd) on mp3 - go out to  your main library and select the song then to file>convert>create mp3 version.

You should be able to multiple songs at once. Hope you get it figured out either way!

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 9.24.47 AM.png

I use a free program called Format Factory. You can find it hear.
http://www.pcfreetime.com/formatfactory/index.php?language=en

You could ALSO download a freeware called Audacity. Make the settings so that you are recording from what is sent out via the audio output/speakers. And then just save the sound file as a WMA or MP3. Windows Media Player, should also have something in it to save things as WMA. But it's been awhile since i used Windows Media Player, so I could be wrong on that one. I use an MP3 player in my car, plugged into the aux port. It can play mp3 and WMA too. I hope this is useful!

• 1 year later...

the built-in tools  don't work on my mac too, you have to find a professional converting tool, there are many on the internet, however, I'm using AMusicSoft,  it can easily convert any audio file and with absolutely no losses in quality

On 8/4/2020 at 8:07 AM, Ashrali said:

the built-in tools  don't work on my mac too, you have to find a professional converting tool, there are many on the internet, however, I'm using AMusicSoft,  it can easily convert any audio file and with absolutely no losses in quality

For people who ask, i put the official website link here

https://www.amusicsoft.com/apple-music-converter/

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

• 4 months later...

The who have been asking about the conversion of mp4 to mp3 is not very difficult to find any site on geogle but still I suggest you the site that works really well is https://convertidor.live/.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED.

• Duma locked this topic