Welcome to December with Advent Calendar!

hrtbrk

27 minutes ago, Angeló said:

do u mean the Holiday Tree Appetizer ? 

they've been giving out Feepits for several years now and they were supposed to be exclusive .. but i'm actually grateful for that bcz i love Feepits and i don't want them to inflate 

Nah, the action figure. There's a few different items this year, which is nice. I'm pleased there isn't that snowberry rocketpop again, for some reason those things annoy me, lol.

Hidden Object Prizes

I'm impressed with how the gift bag we got today was drawn.

66014.gif

Properly angled there, not drawn head on, that's the sign of an actually skilled artist.

TDN STAFFIES - I got a Vux Codestone out of this bag.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:16 PM, jellysundae said:

I see one of the bonus items is an advent calendar item from 5 years ago... JS up to their old tricks again. ?

I just got a Maraqua Holiday Gift as a "bonus" gift for finding today's Anglepuss. Here is the description: "What a beautifully wrapped gift! This was given out by the Advent Calendar in Y11."

JS up to their old tricks again.

Yep. Confirmed.

I'm keeping my cynicism in check so far, buut the last 2 days items are definitely more JS than TNT, aren't they. By that I mean copy/pasta of pet images onto things etc. That gift boxes foreground... ?

The crib's pretty lazy too, has my biggest item bugbear - pasting holiday motifs onto an item that COULD have been very useful all year round, the perspective on the thumbnail makes it look like a giraffe could maybe lie down in it with no problem, too. ? The mobile looks a lot better if you don't look too closely at it, the difference in art quality between the petpet and nova images and that of the hanging apparatus is pretty big though. I'm guessing that the same person put together both of today's prizes, and they're a far less accomplished artist than whoever created the first 2 day's wearable items. Finger's crossed artist #1's work will be popping up again soon. ?

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm keeping my cynicism in check so far, buut the last 2 days items are definitely more JS than TNT, aren't they. By that I mean copy/pasta of pet images onto things etc. That gift boxes foreground... ?

The crib's pretty lazy too, has my biggest item bugbear - pasting holiday motifs onto an item that COULD have been very useful all year round, the perspective on the thumbnail makes it look like a giraffe could maybe lie down in it with no problem, too. ? The mobile looks a lot better if you don't look too closely at it, the difference in art quality between the petpet and nova images and that of the hanging apparatus is pretty big though. I'm guessing that the same person put together both of today's prizes, and they're a far less accomplished artist than whoever created the first 2 day's wearable items. Finger's crossed artist #1's work will be popping up again soon. ?

Best to save your cynicism for the "Lyra and the Lost Heirloom" plod, uh, er, plot. Yeah, some of this year's Advent Calendar videos are a bit confusing, to me, meaning they just don't make sense/I don't "get" them, like today's. Well, I guess I now understand today's, as there is a baby Bruce, and today IS Bruce day, but they just don't seem "season-y", as they did in past years.

52 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Best to save your cynicism for the "Lyra and the Lost Heirloom" plod, uh, er, plot. Yeah, some of this year's Advent Calendar videos are a bit confusing, to me, meaning they just don't make sense/I don't "get" them, like today's. Well, I guess I now understand today's, as there is a baby Bruce, and today IS Bruce day, but they just don't seem "season-y", as they did in past years.

Haha, yes, you're probably, unfortunately, very right there.

Maybe they over-extended themselves a bit with an actual plot again so soon and that's why the advent calendar's a little hit and miss so far? I'll admit though, a lot of the time the videos haven't made an awful lot of sense to me, I do notice that this year's are pretty short compared to last year's though. Back to a more normal length this year I suppose.

Day 7

the Snow Angel image is glitched :( I really wanted to put him in my Gallery

The Angelpuss is at the beginning right underneath the tree ... when the Vandagyre is wiping the window ...

11 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I really like today's (6 Dec 2018) prize - the Festive Special PJs. I think they look good on my Gelert. If it was a color, I might consider painting him...

2.png

*starts a campaign for a pyjamas paint brush* It would certainly be innovative!

I used my limitless brain capacity just now (sarcasm? moi?!) and utilised the technology available to us this year and went through the video frame by frame to find the Angelpuss, consequently I feel really proud of myself right now, as that's some pre-MS level of thinking from me there. ? I'm not sure what this bodes for the rest of the day, I'll probably do something moronic/disastrous to offset my moment of clear-thinking before too much more time has elapsed. :ph34r:

A conjoined twin snow angel, that's very inclusive of TNT! ?

8 minutes ago, Kute said:

I'm legit scared of this ? but why? 

It is pretty creepy, the movement of it is so relentless, like it's coming for you...

This isn't helping you at all, is it. ?

Nah @Angeló  these two, surely?

awakenedleft.jpg

Unless...they're the same people. ? What is Lanie and Lillie's last name, does anyone know. :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Kute said:

SO accurate with the shining! I also in some weird way associated it with weeping angels.

image.png.0b0786454d7c6c8d1606a233e8f5f040.png

Nothing weird about it, I made the exact same ? associate immediately. The world will forever be split into people whose reactions to angels are normal, and those who've seen that episode of Doctor Who. ?

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

Day 8

i love today's prizes and the description for the glowing eyes

The answer, my friend, is glowin in the dark.

I loved this, so happy to see a pop culture ref in a description again. ?

I want to like today's tree, I LOVE using trees in my customisations, but dayum that is creepy. I don't wanna tree with... orifices... ?

image.png.0b0786454d7c6c8d1606a233e8f5f040.png EXACTLY! My first thought was Doctor Who's Weeping Angels when I saw that "thing"! toy_advc2018_doubletroublesnow.gif Super Freak should be playing for this item. Man, just looking at it creeps me out. Oh wait,  The answer, my friend, is glowin in the dark. This was given out by the Advent Calendar in Y20. this is SO MUCH better. At least it's just eyes and not some flailing arms. kiko_yellow_suspiciousgnome.gif So what creepy thing is next, JS? Dare I say it: "Is this IT? This is ALL that you could do?"  and wait for the other shoe to drop.