Games Master Challenge: Knights vs Raiders Begins!

hrtbrk

Huh, so I made a point of sending scores for many games to offset ? when the "send 50 scores from qualifying games" popped up today, subsequently got 64 Complete on my page, but no prize available. ?

Hopefully submitting  a score for something today triggers it...

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Huh, so I made a point of sending scores for many games to offset ? when the "send 50 scores from qualifying games" popped up today, subsequently got 64 Complete on my page, but no prize available. ?

Hopefully submitting  a score for something today triggers it...

It probably will. I had over 50 games set to 'complete' as well, and after sending in my score for Meepit Juice Break, the prize for the 'send 50 scores' challenge became available. (I think it's always been like this - it's like the check for that challenge needs to be triggered by a new score being sent.)

Just be glad it's not 50 scores in a single day! That would be brutal.

I have a few games to finish still and I don't have the energy to even do them.

Skies Over Meridell, Lost in Space Fungus, Top Chop, Neverending Boss Battle, and Shenkuu Warrior.

If anyone is still struggling with the horror that is Shenkuu Warrior (not to be confused with the perfectly fine game Shenkuu Warrior II), this is what helped me eventually get the score:

- Adjust the game settings to small screen and low quality

- This tip from JN's guide:

To propel yourself as far as possible with the hook, you should let Terrana fall towards the bottom of the screen and aim to hit a ledge as close to the top of the screen as possible. While letting Terrana fall, be sure to allow enough time for the grappling hook to travel to the ledge; if Terrana falls off the screen before the hook connects, it will disappear and you'll have to retry.

I'd done this a few times by accident before (I assumed I'd fallen and turned away from the screen for a second, only to realise she was suddenly moving upwards very  quickly), but when I started practising this, I got the score fairly quickly. (= Compared to how long I'd been playing the game before this. XD)

- You'll probably have 250+ after level 2, so you'll only need to get a little into level 3 to get the score.

Good luck to everyone who's still finishing games!

47 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

Just be glad it's not 50 scores in a single day! That would be brutal.

Don't even joke about that, lol. ?

Mine did need me just to submit a score today anyway. ☺️

All done! ?
I was really worried about Shenkuu Warrior, but I was able to get 305 points, phew! I got the other games on the first try today, and thanks to playing extra games off the qualifying list every day, I got that one when sending my first score today. :D
I have gold checks, but missing one game (Lost In Space Fungus) I feel pretty good about myself, I normally do quite bad at the GMC.

Congratulations to those who have completed the event, and good luck to those still trying!

On 11/24/2018 at 6:19 PM, GillyTook said:

Well, no stamp for me if that's the case.  I can't get past 150 on Skies over Merridel, and I've been playing all afternoon.  I give up.

Have you read through TDN's guide? It looks good. Skies Over Meridell is a bit more difficult than some games, but with a bit of practice I'm sure you can get to 150. With luck that the Computer's planes don't suicide, as-in crash into the barn, balloons or baskets, you can get to 160 by the end of Level 3.

Think of holding the Right Arrow Key as pulling back on the stick, which IRL would make the plane to go up. Left Arrow, would of course make you go down then, like pushing forward on the stick. You can hold the m-button to fire down, this is useful when turning your plane in a loop while spraying your gunfire at the opponent. Or to avoid, while popping a balloon. Each plane you shoot is worth 20 points, and each power-up left behind when a balloon gets burst is worth.. I believe 5 points. (Going from memory here. lol). This is how I kept tabs on my points when i used to play it for the trophy... I always got bumped out of Gold Trophy territory, but maybe someday I'll try again to go for the gold. lol

About firing, Holding down the m-button (or whichever of the other 3 button choicess you feel most comfortable when firing) is ok, but you might notice, especially as the computer-pilots get smarter, that constantly firing won't cut it. You have to aim and anticipate a bit too. As the levels progress, that computer gets better and better. Also, when the opposing plane launches, the time that it blinks, is invincible, lengthens. When you get to level 4, that darn Kacheek really knows how to fly and use his invincible time to make you sweat! I can't always get past him, but when I do, the levels beyond have a LOT more blinking-time going on. You'll progress in level regardless of how many times you shoot the other plane down, if they crash, it counts as a "kill", but you won't get any points. Level 1, at least one of the two times that plane launches, he'll try to crash. Very annoying when you are playing for a score and not so much NP.

I hope this helps. Until the GMC It has been months since I last played this game. But it's kind of like a bicycle. Once you learn, it all comes back. I wish you the best of luck! ^_^

24 minutes ago, mistress_mantis said:

Is Top Chop not loading for anybody else? I've tried on 3 different browsers and all I get is black. So annoying because I completed all the other challenges.

ETA: and yes, I have the latest version flash.

I just tried and Top Chop loaded fine for me. Maybe it's back up for you by now?

15 hours ago, mistress_mantis said:

Is Top Chop not loading for anybody else? I've tried on 3 different browsers and all I get is black. So annoying because I completed all the other challenges.

ETA: and yes, I have the latest version flash.

I realize it is too late for GMC, but are you getting a black screen with three (3) blinking dots? If so, it is not Flash, but an ad that is supposed to load before the game loads, but doesn't, for some reason. Try using an ad blocker plugin/extension with your browser. It should block the ad and take you straight to the game loading screen.

Welp, I knew the Knights would win since the beginning, but I joined the Raiders anyway 'cause I like Hanso. Still, I've been on the losing team for 3 years in a row now, and seeing those silver trophies on my userlookup really bugs me. I'm fine with bronze, but silver? What an ugly colour.

Next year, I'll choose the team most likely to win rather than the team I actually want to join :P

These trophies are nicely PG-13, I see. ?

image.png.56c6b3872232855671095be34593cdd9.png

Incredible huh?

Okay...

Imma put that down to being along the lines of the typical totally over-reacting to everything that tabloid headlines and other click-baity stuff like to indulge in now. I guess TNT can't really have that say "wow, these prizes are seriously underwhelming!" ?

The Cocorot's cool though, isn't it, and a book's always welcome. Having checked the wig out I'm not at all sad that I didn't manage to get it, it's another that makes your pet look like Elton John, not a look I yearn for, lol.

image.png.712c73e933adbc414bd4abc89c875508.png

Having tried on the dead flowers the losers got (that's pretty darned funny doing that, got to say xD) I actually quite like how they look, they don't immediately scream dead to me, more just muted.

medium_preview.png

Am I kidding myself here? lol. The more I look at these the more dead they look. ? I struggle so much with handhelds though as there's so few that are available to me that I actually like, and then actually look good when used, the tulips my guy sometimes carries around are very in-yo-face compared to this bouquet...

medium_preview.png

Another silver trophy Dx I have bad luck when it comes to picking teams. I haven't really seen a reliable way to predict who will win though, so idk if it's really possible to 'choose the more likely team' aside from wildly guessing? 

I had three green checks this year, unfortunately, so I missed out on the stamp. It's crushing me tbh, especially seeing how much it's already going for and knowing that it'll only inflate further down the line. I'm not about to shell out 6m at the moment though, so I guess I'll just have to hope I can get it later, even if it'll cost even more. 

3 hours ago, Hanso said:

Welp, I knew the Knights would win since the beginning, but I joined the Raiders anyway 'cause I like Hanso. Still, I've been on the losing team for 3 years in a row now, and seeing those silver trophies on my userlookup really bugs me. I'm fine with bronze, but silver? What an ugly colour.

Next year, I'll choose the team most likely to win rather than the team I actually want to join :P

Lol, I was kinda hoping my losing streak would continue (this is the first time I've been on the winning team since the introduction of teams), because I think silver is far prettier than gold. XD

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

Another silver trophy Dx I have bad luck when it comes to picking teams. I haven't really seen a reliable way to predict who will win though, so idk if it's really possible to 'choose the more likely team' aside from wildly guessing?

I used to think it might simply be as stupid as which side of the screen the team is featured on in the picture/progress bar, but from 2015 to now the winners have been on both sides twice. And it's not like the progress bar moves at all until the very last day, so we don't even have any indication as to how well the teams are actually doing while the GMC is happening. So yeah, I think wild guessing is all we've got when it comes to picking teams.

@jellysundae The dead flowers look great! I think I might prefer them over the metallic looking lillies us Knights got. XD

I was worried I missed a day. I have been so jumbled this week cause of being sick and didn't think I beat them on the day. But I got them all beat and all on release. The only one that took me a long time that I never thought I'd get done was Shenkuu Warrior. That was until I figured out how it worked xD

4 hours ago, kayahtik said:

I haven't really seen a reliable way to predict who will win though, so idk if it's really possible to 'choose the more likely team' aside from wildly guessing? 

There's definitely not a reliable way to know who's gonna win, but I've correctly predicted the winner team all years except for one just by asking myself which side most people would consider cooler :P I take into account two factors: the character TNT chose for the team (design-wise), and the theme of the team itself. My reasoning is as follows:

2012: the pirates vs ninjas debate may have been going on for ages, but look up every single poll on the internet and you'll see that ninjas win every time

2013: Similarly, look up any "Day vs Night" poll and night always wins. Besides, the sun's cool and all, but people prefer the more mysterious and mystical moon

2015: Look at this image and tell me which faerie was drawn by the old art team and thus looks cooler and which one was drawn by the new art team and thus looks terrible

2016: This was the year that took me by surprise. I went with Heroes instead of Villains because Jazan has an incredibly huge fanbase on the site, but in the end the Villains won. Then I realised most people who play the GMC are either new players or players that haven't been on the site long enough to even know who Jazan is, so they went with the character that looked cooler, namely the demonic skeleton engulfed in flames

2017: Hubrid Nox is a vampire potato with a moustache, so of course Magax won.

2018: Chivalry always wins over thievery. Not to mention whoever drew Hanso in the GMC homepage made him look surprisingly scrawny... if I didn't know who he was I'd would've chosen the cooler-looking character i.e., Brynn (they used old art for her).

I use the pictures/art to try to predict what kinds of games the team will get and pick a team based on that. In the picture from 2015 posted above by Hanso you see that summer side has action based games and the winter team has puzzle games. I usually take puzzle games. This year it was Snowmuncher vs Jungle Raiders. As I am not good at Jungle Raiders I picked the team that had to play Snowmuncher simply because I'm good at the game.

I had silver trophies in 2016 and 2017, the rest of the years I had gold, but the only thing that's important to me is knowing I managed to get the score on every game the day of release. I did wish that the trophy was clickable though, just like with DD where you can see what score you got. For GMC it would be nice to see a list with the checkmarks so that a silver trophy would still be impressive if you noticed all gold checks when clicking it.

15 hours ago, Hanso said:

Hubrid Nox is a vampire potato with a moustache, so of course Magax won

?

image.png.57526301596bd61e8d98240b8b60bf42.png

?

*engage Terminator voice*

I'LL BE BACK ?️

I totally see where you're coming from about the faeries... just LOOK at the shade that fire Faerie's throwing at poor Taelia! Lulu too, smirking in the doorway there, they're bad art shaming her...

bg_choose.jpg

Lulu in particular is wondering just what Taelia has stuffed down the back of her robe to make it stick out behind her neck the way it does...