Recommendations for Punchbag Sid?

Pretty sure Sid's been asked about in the questions to HTT on her board visits, so he's gonna be somewhere on someone's mile-long to-do list. ?

HMMM, it would be awesome if JN created a section in their articles listings that collated all the posts made of HTT's Q&As, lol.

*goes rummaging*

OhEmGee‼

I googled "TNT community updates Jellyneo" and the answer I wanted was in the first result! *mic drop* ?

?

*coughs* anyways...

image.png.f060c1aa03ca15594a9dd59d8a9115c2.png

This is from July, so don't be holding your breath or anything. :ph34r:

i think it's been 6 - 7 years since he was last sighted ? even before that , he appeared once a year ...

i believe he is stuffed in the same place the items from the Abandoned Attic are right now ...

On 11/23/2018 at 1:43 PM, Angeló said:

i believe he is stuffed in the same place the items from the Abandoned Attic are right now ...

I still believe he's eloped with the Down for Maintenance Pteri. ✈️?️

12 minutes ago, xSummer said:

I've gotten to the point where everything is hard games or random ones so kind of at a stand still.

Yep, there too! Cold comfort I guess, but there really are a whole lot of people feeling your pain too.

I've been playing Neopets for about 15 years and I've yet to have the opportunity to either kick Sid's rear, or get my own rear kicked by Sid. lol I understand he's quite powerful, and his Ultimate Chive Of Death is, if I recall correctly, THE strongest weapon in-game. Wouldn't mind stealing it from him someday and give it a test-drive in battle with him. ?

7 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I've been playing Neopets for about 15 years and I've yet to have the opportunity to either kick Sid's rear, or get my own rear kicked by Sid.

Is this because you've never been about when Sid put in an appearance, or do you think he's been broken the entire time?

20 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Is this because you've never been about when Sid put in an appearance, or do you think he's been broken the entire time?

I believe I just missed his appearance. It's so very rare that as much as I enjoy a good battle, I've yet to catch him in the BD. Much like trying to get a large amount of NP from Coltzan's Shrine, Sid is one more thing I've never seen happen, though I've heard of it happening. And I HAVE seen the Punchbag Sid avatar. According to TDN's battledome avatar section, Punchbag Sid's avatar was released on October 17, 2005. As for how long he's been "broken" and when he'll return, is anyone's guess.

2 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

As for how long he's been "broken" and when he'll return, is anyone's guess.

Especially as people tend to assume an avatar's broken when people haven't got it for a long time, don't they. I definitely do that myself and am only reassured when someone posts on here about getting one of the ones on my mental probably broken list; Turmy, Snowy, Buried Treasure, TDMBGPoP I'm lookin' at you...

From my understanding, Sid stopped putting in an appearance when the Battledome went to beta, if that may give a time frame. I believe TNT has to manually set up Sid to be in the Battledome, and then manually remove him, and that's why he was always a rare appearance. I think the coding may still exist, but would have to be changed, because of the server move in '14. I thought the Battledome was on some sort of TNT list, of things to fix/improve. I guess we will see. And, as you know, when TNT "fixes" one thing, it seems to break (unknowingly) other things. @jellysundae, surprised you didn't mention the Tooth Faerie avatar, as that one seems to be the most elusive...

7 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

@jellysundae, surprised you didn't mention the Tooth Faerie avatar, as that one seems to be the most elusive...

Ha, maybe because that one's so elusive I didn't even think of it, lol.

That's very interesting about Sid! So, realistically, once he's fixed (look at that positivity there, we're talking when, here, not if!) it'll be coded to be automatic, so it will actually happen! No-one in their right mind would leave things manual if they don't have to, they have enough trouble with things like the Daily Puzzle.