Disappearing Neopoints--?

KaseyCoff

Early Sunday (18 Nov 2018), right after the 5-games special ended, my Neopoints disappeared. I almost literally watched them get lost:  I was on the bank page, and my account balance read "0" while all my points were in the NP window at the top. I closed the page and re-opened it, thinking it was a glitch that would clear - and the bank account was still 0 but the amount of points in the top window had decreased! I left the page and went to the Home page, thinking there might be an announcement, re-opened the bank and - still 0, even more of a decrease. I tried depositing the remaining Neopoints balance into the bank, thinking to salvage something, but only a few thousand transferred; all the rest melted away.

Has anyone else had this problem? 

Uh if you watched them disappear in real time, and all of the money in your bank account was transferred to your on-hand balance & then immediately disappeared, it's incredibly likely that somebody got into your account and you were watching them transfer the NP to their own account. Change your password and PIN (or implement one if you haven't already) ASAP. Also make sure that your other valuables - such as pets, gallery items, etc - are still there.

On 11/22/2018 at 11:57 AM, ranga_muffin said:

Oh no that's terrible!! Could someone have hacked your account? Check and see if any valuable items in your SDB/gallery are missing. I'd then implement a pin! 

It's not impossible it was hacked (never say never!) but everything else appears to be "normal":  I have sent a request in to Neopets support but haven't heard back. That was late Sunday / early Monday. And yes, pretty devastating - I had nearly 75 million points, but they were "safely" in the bank...  ?

On 11/22/2018 at 12:38 PM, Duskitty said:

Uh if you watched them disappear in real time, and all of the money in your bank account was transferred to your on-hand balance & then immediately disappeared, it's incredibly likely that somebody got into your account and you were watching them transfer the NP to their own account. Change your password and PIN (or implement one if you haven't already) ASAP. Also make sure that your other valuables - such as pets, gallery items, etc - are still there.

Not impossible, though I'd quicker think somebody at Neopets Central would've had an easier time of getting in there. Good idea re the valuables, but everything (some 3200+ items) is there, in the SDB, gallery, etc. Thanx for the heads-up.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

I'm so sorry that happened to you, that's terrible! I did have something similar happen once. My bank account balance went from about 2mil down to 20k seemingly out of nowhere. At first I thought (hoped) it was a glitch, like a couple zeros maybe got erased off the end of my balance, but I'm pretty sure I was hacked. I filed a ticket with fleeting hope, but nothing ever came of it. I hope you have better results!

3 hours ago, hpb63094 said:

I'm so sorry that happened to you, that's terrible! I did have something similar happen once. My bank account balance went from about 2mil down to 20k seemingly out of nowhere. At first I thought (hoped) it was a glitch, like a couple zeros maybe got erased off the end of my balance, but I'm pretty sure I was hacked. I filed a ticket with fleeting hope, but nothing ever came of it. I hope you have better results!

Thank you - when (if?) I hear from them I will post back...

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2018 at 5:45 PM, jangayle said:

I had my whole bank account wiped out and I had 305 million plus in the bank, and all my inventory taken   Been on Neopets since 2001

Sorry I missed this, Jangayle! When did that happen to you - was it in November, with this most recent "5-a-day" game play?