Does anyone have Neopets superstitions?

xflowermouth

Do you guys have any silly things that habitually do, even though you sort of know they aren't real?

For example, I've been working on the Dice-a-Roo avatar, and I swear I always do better if I just line my mouse up and click the button repeatedly without watching the screen (usually watching TV or playing Ghoul Catchers). I'm starting to think Dice-a-Roo is shy or something....?

I know there have been a lot of theories about how to win more at certain dailies that have been debunked over the years, does anyone still do those tricks anyway just for luck?

Oh, I have a ton of those! Although to be fair I'm fairly superstitious in every aspect of my life. Like if I close my eyes and let my mouse "guide" or "sense" to the right spot on buried treasure, lottery tickets, or keno type things.

I also can almost swear I know when I'm not going to receive anything from a daily or get something really great (tombola, coltzan, grundo, etc.). It's probably all in my head, but then isn't everything all in our heads? ?

I have so many superstitions around Bart, lol.

I try to make a point of visiting him before doing anything else, because I just KNOW he'll either take some of my NP or an item if I don't. Sometimes I try to fob him off with a chunk of obsidian (if only I had as much obsidian in Minecraft as I do on Neopets ?) in the hope that he'll take that if it's there, rather than anything else, like making my pet sick. I always wonder if apple bobbing with no NP on-hand won't actually stop NP from dropping out of my pocket, I'll just end up going into negatives (I imagine him cackling madly if that happened). Of course none of my elaborate preparations make a whit of difference, but they kind of make me feel better. ☺️

I haven't gone to Bart/ apple-bobbing at all bc I carry 300 in Dubloons-trying to "catch" the Pirates at Smugglers' Cove to buy a weapon...which hasn't happened yet.:lmaosmiley:

I don't think I really have any superstitions... although there might be things I do subconsciously, so now I'm going to question all the choices I make on Neopets. XD

20 hours ago, Snowbell said:

I am just convinced that I was unusually unlucky on neopets. I have been playing for years and have never won anything from fruit machine and have one gotten two color changes on a pet I have been zapping for 3 months...

It took me years to win anything good from the fruit machine as well (I'm assuming you do occasionally win some bagguss or tchea fruit, because if not, then you're definitely unusually unlucky!), so don't give up. :smile:

I just went nearly 2 months without a colour/species change with my lab rat, only to have it change colour 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I'm sure your luck will change too. ?

I always do every other daily and deposit/stock anything of value before Apple Bobbing because I'll probably lose an item. Also wait to visit Healing Springs until after Apple Bobbing and Qasalan Expellibox because I assume my pet will get sick.

Whenever I scratch a Scratchcard and have 2 matching icons in a single line I always scratch the third so it's 3 in a row. I may not always win but if I do it just looks more satisfying. Also always do the X pattern ?

On 11/2/2018 at 3:06 AM, Snowbell said:

I am just convinced that I was unusually unlucky on neopets. I have been playing for years and have never won anything from fruit machine and have one gotten two color changes on a pet I have been zapping for 3 months...

After I read what you said, I immediately started winning everything! ?

On 11/3/2018 at 4:17 AM, action_jackson3000 said:

I always do every other daily and deposit/stock anything of value before Apple Bobbing because I'll probably lose an item. Also wait to visit Healing Springs until after Apple Bobbing and Qasalan Expellibox because I assume my pet will get sick.

Whenever I scratch a Scratchcard and have 2 matching icons in a single line I always scratch the third so it's 3 in a row. I may not always win but if I do it just looks more satisfying. Also always do the X pattern ?

Oh definitely, what kind of savage doesn't do the X pattern??

I do an X shape, then if there's two of a kind, I choose the last place as the one that's next to those two. Totally scientifically proven to increase luck!