Returning Player after years of on/off participation; First Post on TDN

Hi everyone, good to see there are so many dedicated players who kept Neopets active all these years later (I started playing in 2001 and still use the same account).

I was very active from 2001-2003. For various reasons stopped being active and have some regrets like missing out on multiple plots and site events though I managed to snag a free trophy sometimes when I remembered to login once in a while and there was something happening at the time (and lucky for me managed to avoid having my account purged too)

The Wraith Resurgence is what started me on my path to playing regularly again and finding helpful guides certainly made things easier. ?

I've caught up on most major changes and updates that happened when I was semi-active (or not paying proper attention) but since I like to be thorough I spend a bit of time every day reading old news articles and Neopian Times Editorials from the very beginning (insane I know but sort of feels like I'm time traveling!)

My accomplishments probably aren't that impressive compared to veteran players but since returning I feel like I've accomplished more in a few months than all the years I played Neopets as a kid.

I've doubled my Game Trophies collection, finally got a 750+ Strength Pet, participated in and won several Obelisk Skirmishes, obtained some of my childhood dream Battledome set equipment, painted a Petpet, gave it a Petpetpet, and customized my Pet (and did some NC Item Trades for the first time)

Planning to get Premium in the future; maybe the next time there's a sale (winter holiday?)

Definitely feels like it's a lot easier to be a millionaire now with the huge Food Club payout for an old account, Trudy's Surprise, Ghoul Catchers and selling item drops from the Battledome. I used to only make NP from games and the Stock Market (I'm awful at restocking so I don't bother and don't have the patience).

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Reading all those Neopian Times Editorials seems like it could be fun! And yes, it sure is a lot easier to make money than it was in the old days where all you could do (or all that I knew of) was play games and hope your score was high enough to get to 1000NP. The battledome didn't even reward prizes. Having an old account for FC is very helpful too.

BTW You have a lot of trophies!  I'm a veteran player myself but my account isn't nearly as impressive as yours.

Hello! o/

Wow, that's a seriously impressive trophy collection!

So tell me, think you'll ever go for the Kad avatar? :snitch: I see you wisely stopped after feeding just one to get the trophy. ?

Welcome to the forums! Your trophy collection is definitely very very impressive! One day I hope to have that many trophies, I am, however, horrible at games and can only play a few well or enjoy playing lol. 

If you are on more often than before than definitely get premium, it's worth it! I just got premium back after a couple years of not having it because I wasnt as active as I am now. Its great! 

I'll admit most of my game trophies from 2001-2003 and those obtained since my return were won during high-score reset day (first day of a new month); that's one thing that is still the same after all this time. Suppose one silver lining of less players now is less competition (or expert veteran gamers willing to hold off a few days to allow other users to rank in the Top 17); I remember the days when it was impossible to get a reservation at Kelp! lol

Not sure about the Kad avatar; you're correct that I fed one just for the trophy. Can't remember what food it was but I know I definitely bought something expensive back then and it was the last Kad needing to be fed at the time. I remember being frustrated that plenty of Kad feeders would stock their inventories and if they had the food needed would quickly get the job done, while those who wanted to use the SW were left in the dust. Like hi-score tables there's probably a dip in users so maybe it's not as difficult as it once was; probably better odds if you try at times when less users are online too (wasn't a possibility back then during school nights)

In other news I recently adopted a Buzz from the Pound and painted him Grey with a Fountain Faerie Quest reward I had saved up (got 2 avatars; Buzzin and Grey Wocky sigh)

I'm not interested in being a permanent owner for him so I'm more than happy to transfer him to someone else and have him included in TDN Pet Lending Chain for anyone interested in the Grey Wocky sigh avatar.

There's a few avatars I wouldn't mind obtaining myself through lends but I feel I should let people know me a bit first before applying. ?

Wouldn't want to risk losing my 17 year old account.

Hi, welcome to TDN! ?
I can definitely recommend Premium, I have had it for 12 of my 13 years on Neo, and it`s just great. There are many neat perks, but my favourites are the Premium neoboards and the Super Shop Wizard. :D

Can't wait until I can use the SSW. Made some progress on my Gallery the other day and it was very annoying trying to find decent prices. I'll probably stop for now until I get Premium. I remember years ago too many searches on the Shop Wizard will give you a temporary boot to come back later (in an hour or so). Can't remember the exact number of searches but I'd probably exceed the limit if I wanted to search hundreds of unique items in a short span of time.

I've survived up to this point because I only use it for Faerie Quests or Codestones (or pricing my own items)

Cosmic Dome (fighting Giant Space Fungus) is also something I look forward to. Selling Nerks or Bubbling Fungus is an easy way to make a lot of NP. ?