Kiko Pop not working for me?

lokiswolf

Suddenly Kiko pop has stopped working for me.  I get the beginning screen with the level choices, but it wont let me select any.  The easiest level brings up the "do you really want to try the easy level" message, but the game wont load.  I have been playing for months on this computer and never had any issues, no changes or update on my end I do not believe.  Anyone have a solution?

I've just tried it and it works ok for me. I'm on Windows 10, using the latest version of Firefox.

One thing I HAVE noticed though, in the last 2 days the mute button on the tab no longer does, it doesn't mute the wheel of monotony any more either, or Kass Basher, but it DOES shut Leeroy up at the coconut shy(so there's that to be thankful for!) so on the whole...?‍♀️

Something's definitely going on somewhere, anyway. Meepits, right?

3 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I've just tried it and it works ok for me. I'm on Windows 10, using the latest version of Firefox.

One thing I HAVE noticed though, in the last 2 days the mute button on the tab no longer does, it doesn't mute the wheel of mediocity any more either, but it DOES shut Leeroy up at the coconut shy, so ?‍♀️

Something's definitely going on somewhere, anyway. Meepits, right?

I am using chrome.  I wonder if thats part of the problem.  My mute buttons work for everything but expellibox, but that just started making noise about the same time kiko pop stopped working for me.  Meepits indeed...

I think saying the tab mute shut Leeroy up was wishful thinking on my part, it certainly isn't now. <_<

I'm definitely blaming the Meepits for now, though it's probably actually Binary Supagoo breaking stuff again. :axehead:

Same issue here with KikoPop for the last few days. It's the daily that acts the most finicky for me anyway, so I wasn't really concerned when it was acting up. 

Personally, I'm starting to wonder if Binary_Supagoo is the Meepit overlord. I'm fairly certain they're all in it together somehow.

47 minutes ago, DragonPhoenix said:

Personally, I'm starting to wonder if Binary_Supagoo is the Meepit overlord

This SO needs to be made into a comic and submitted to the NT‼

Now at this point do we put on our optimist hats in the hope that if things are breaking it's because other things are being worked on? We ALL know that fixing one bit of code breaks half a dozen other bits. :ph34r:

I use the latest Firefox, 62, and it has finally happened to me. I heard it is happening to Chrome users too, and it doesn't work with Chrome, for me either, using the latest Chrome, 69. Kiko Pop is Flash based, and that is the only thing I can think of. Flash had an update last Tuesday, so most would be getting the newest update, by now. Flash is up to version 31.0.0.108. It is possible it is the Flash update, but others were having the problem well before that. Strange thing is, I now, also, cannot decline a "Coincidence" request either. As far as I know, the "Coincidence" is not Flash based, so it makes no sense. In the meantime, I've been using the Puffin browser on my Android phone. It does work with it. If I find any fix, I'll post. I did try uninstalling and installing the previous version of Flash, but that didn't help. I also cleared Firefox's cache, but not history. I even cleared the Flash "cache", but no help there, either.

Doesn't seem to be working for me either. I'm on Windows 10, was previously running Chrome version 68 and it suddenly stopped working these past few days, so I updated to ver 69 to see if that helped. No dice.

I also can't seem to try on Firefox, cus I get this error when attempting to log in:

image.png.16ff8bec8f297cd1edd3044d3e929dc3.png

And this error on Edge:

image.png.0231e799227166f283988cd40ce9e454.png

Possible fix for Chrome:

It seems that Chrome's new update has changed the way whitelisting flash on sites works. Before, you could allow a site to run flash and it would remember it the next time you opened your browser but now they've seemed to do away with that. If Kiko Pop/Expellibox/the various Wheels aren't loading for you, go to a game like Test Your Strength and you should see a box that sales 'Click here to Enable Flash', and a box will pop up asking if you want to Allow Flash. You will need to do this every time you close your browser, unfortunately. After that you should be able to load Kiko Pop and other games that require it. Expellibox has its own permissions you need to allow as well I believe. 

17 minutes ago, Steve said:

It seems that Chrome's new update has changed the way whitelisting flash on sites works. Before, you could allow a site to run flash and it would remember it the next time you opened your browser but now they've seemed to do away with that. If Kiko Pop/Expellibox/the various Wheels aren't loading for you, go to a game like Test Your Strength and you should see a box that sales 'Click here to Enable Flash', and a box will pop up asking if you want to Allow Flash. You will need to do this every time you close your browser, unfortunately. After that you should be able to load Kiko Pop and other games that require it. Expellibox has its own permissions you need to allow as well I believe. 

That's not the problem, the stuff doesn't load in Safari on my Mac for me too. It seems to be with Neopet's servers sadly I'm guessing.

16 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It's still working completely fine for me, what gives. :huh:

What version of Windows and what browser/version do you use?

11 hours ago, Steve said:

Possible fix for Chrome:

For now, there is a "fix" for Chrome to keep the Flash setting, even after you close it. Type, without the quotes, "chrome://flags" into Chrome's address bar and hit the enter key. In the search bar, again, without the quotes, type "Flash". Look for the "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permissions" setting, and change it from "Default" to "Disabled". Click the "Relaunch Now" button. Chrome should now keep your Flash setting. As an alternative, you can go directly to the setting by typing or copying and pasting the following in Chrome's address bar:

"chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission"

However, even doing that hasn't fixed Kiko-Pop. Kiko-Pop still loads, but the buttons don't seem to work. It's as if the Flash update changed something and broke Kiko-Pop, or, well, I guess Meepits.

6 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

What version of Windows and what browser/version do you use?

Windows 10, and as far as I'm aware an up-to-date Firefox

*roots in settings*

0OQzOvV.jpg

look at that happy face, lol.