Battledome is Laughing at Me

It's been one of those days.

(background: I am not a serious shop stocker and most of my modest income is achieved by selling codestones won from the Koi Warrior ?)

Me: Oooh I only have 4 more open shop spots and then I can price the full shop and make some NP for that project I'm itching to work on. Time to go battle!

Koi Warrior: 

Items
Total Items: 54 (The maximum you should hold is 50.)
Balthazar has placed a Tier 1 protection spell on this bottle. Release the faerie and your Neopet will receive a random humble blessing.
Unidentifiable Weak Bottled Faerie
(rare)
Balthazar has placed a Tier 1 protection spell on this bottle. Release the faerie and your Neopet will receive a humble dark blessing.
Weak Bottled Dark Faerie
(rare)
If your Neopet has trouble sleeping, try reading them one of these fun stories.
Maraquan Bed Time Stories
(uncommon)
Fantastic tales inspired by the once great city of Maraqua.
Maraquan Faerie Tales
Maraquan Faerie Tales
Balthazar has placed a Tier 1 protection spell on this bottle. Release the faerie and your Neopet will receive a random humble blessing.
(rare)
A murder mystery with a spectacular twist at the end!
The Missing Koi
(very rare)
(rare)
Maraquan Faerie Tales
Balthazar has placed a Tier 1 protection spell on this bottle. Release the faerie and your Neopet will receive a humble water blessing.
Weak Bottled Water Faerie
(rare)
This mystical codestone is used for training pets in the Mystery Island Training School - its very valuable!
Vo Codestone
(shaking)
Balthazar has placed a Tier 1 protection spell on this bottle. Release the faerie and your Neopet will receive a humble water blessing.
Weak Bottled Water Faerie
(rare)
Balthazar has placed a Tier 1 protection spell on this bottle. Release the faerie and your Neopet will receive a humble light blessing.
Weak Bottled Light Faerie
(rare)
Balthazar has placed a Tier 1 protection spell on this bottle. Release the faerie and your Neopet will receive a humble earth blessing.
Weak Bottled Earth Faerie
(rare)
This bronze coin is worth one Dubloon.  Spend em on Krawk Island!!

Me: ?

Ugh man, I feel that! I've had the same problem for the last couple days with Jetsam Ace... Nerkmids and codestones are pretty much my only sources of income, so it really sucks to get NOTHING from a day or two of battling. ?

If anyone needs like one hundred Three Tier Space Faerie Cakes, let me know >.< 

I got a red codestone from the Koi Warrior... I'm trying to visualise my inventory because I JUST put everything away before reading this ofc, lol. Oh, definitely a couple of ordinary ones too. I've definitely noticed that they go through phases of being stingy with the codestones, whoever you're fighting.

4 hours ago, jaydeed said:

I see that and my Charity Corner eye spots one goodie at least. And the Triple Tier cakes? Gold!

Haha, I have one of those eyes too. ?

I'm slowly learning what's r90+ from the Money Tree, though it's an uphill struggle and I mess it up sometimes, but in the main I do good with it. ?

Also today, it's either got over its sulk, or I'm getting ALL THE CODESTONES. :lmaosmiley::ph34r:

image.thumb.png.b2f28627e98e29e11a3ca0faa040604c.png

I think the "Mind Over Matter" Boon isn't working that I just got from the Seeker's win! :crying_anim: I remember clearly taking Kaia & Malum in 2 Rounds, the first using the "MOM" ability (whose picture/graphic I have YET to see) and then one round with Lens Flare & WR weapons to KO them.

I battled the Space Fungus on medium (414) and it doesn't go down easy, at least 3 or 4 Rounds to get...50 np??? o_O I heal my BD pet with potions, XXI & XX, then try Balthazaar on 320 (easy) to see if the "MOM" ability works and KO him in 1 Round & get a Vux codestone (red). So the Premium Opponents are being cheapskates even though we pay for the privilege to beat their butts??? :grrr:

Yes, the Battle Dome IS laughing at me!:lmaosmiley:

7 hours ago, jaydeed said:

I see that and my Charity Corner eye spots one goodie at least. And the Triple Tier cakes? Gold!

Yeah that's the only saving grace, even when I don't get anything worth selling I at least usually get some good CC items. I fight that fish every. single. day. and so I'm lousy with the 90+ plushies and books he gives out, so it's fine. I've been hoarding absolutely everything since the last CC when you could donate anything, so according to my luck next year will be back to only specific categories again >_<

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Also today, it's either got over its sulk, or I'm getting ALL THE CODESTONES. :lmaosmiley::ph34r:

Good one! I've had one or two days like that, that I can remember at least, so I know it does all even out in the end. It was just that moment in time the other day when I was like "woohoo, so close to a goal" and the universe was all "nope, keep walking" lol

I've decided the BD needs more realism. I think if your pet goes into battle whilst bloated, which they invariably do! Then they should get chronic indigestion.  ?

Full pet in BD: Urgh, no please, I don't wanna fight, I'M TOO FULL ?

They'd totally fight their best on an empty stomach!

Hangry pet in BD: You wanna piece of me?! BRING. IT. ON.  I've not had any breakfast yet, I might just eat YOU instead. >8[

This thought stems from my pet, taking a plate of cookies into battle with him. ?

tWyzxzu.jpg

I got 3 codestones today, 1 reg and 2 red.

@DragonPhoenix I have that same fear about CC, but I like to think that even if they do go back to categories one of them's pretty likely to be books, because there are the BD books that people are constantly accumulating, so TNT need us to get rid of them. So I feel that no matter which other categories they choose books, and food, will always be there. I guess I'll find out if they DO go back to the regular method, lol.

• 3 months later...

I got 4 regular stones today from the Koi Warrior.

Only 2 regular stones today but 6 plushies from the Koi Warrior. But they all add up.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.