New Avatar: Good Day At The Bank!

Emily

Yet another avatar has been released! All you have to do is deposit some Neopoints into your bank account on your active pets birthday!

bankdepositavatar.gif

Check Me Off Your List

Might be random after either depositing or withdrawing (a number) of NP too. I've tried refreshing the page a few times but nothing so far.

Edit: I've deposited 1 NP about 150 times and no avie, so I doubt it will be by just refreshing. Or it's very rare on refreshing.

42 minutes ago, Maxx Oris said:

Depends on when it was released. I collected my interest this morning which was 30k. So either it's further up than that or has to be some magic number. Could be none of those things though.

I was also thinking maybe it could do with having the boon from the oblesk wars that gives you higher interest?  But I feel like that is stacking avatar contingent on winning the battles which already give an avatar.  

Also have tried withdrawing everything and bunny hopping up all the teirs of interest.  Also have tried 500K, 1234567, 987654, and a bunch of just a million np deposits.  Think I'm getting close to my withdraw  limit so that might be it for today.  Only other thought is it might be linked to the re that allows you to get your interest twice in a day!

1 hour ago, emily_speck_15 said:

I was also thinking maybe it could do with having the boon from the oblesk wars that gives you higher interest?  But I feel like that is stacking avatar contingent on winning the battles which already give an avatar.  

I have the yearlong interest perk from charity corner that ups your interest, and that didn't have any effect today. I'm sure you're right, I doubt it would be reliant on stacking with one of the boons/perks since those come from other things that also award avatars.

Going to mess around with it a bit more, but I'm just glad TNT is making good on releasing some new avatars for people to figure out. At least three in the last two weeks or so, right? The Rubbish Dump, the new Trudy avatar, and now this one. Beats them only putting out stamp page avatars that require all the stamps i'll never be able to afford!

The avatar can be obtain by making a deposit

on your pets birthday. You can create an new pet 

to get the avatar.

[theneopetsteam] The Neopets Team
» Make this user your Neofriend

Sent: 29/8/2018 12:16pm
Folder: Inbox
Subject: Something Has Happened!

You are now eligible to use 'Good Day at the Bank' as an avatar on the Neoboards.

Yours sincerely,
The Neopets Team

39 minutes ago, Khaly said:

to get the avatar.

That's it! Thank you @Khaly, now if only I could find the solution to that cursed new rubbish dump one *shakes fist dramatically*

6 hours ago, Khaly said:

to get the avatar.

Well done! Thanks for the info!

Although, am I the only one who fears a rash of people creating and using new pets for obtaining the avatar, then pounding them immediately? I wouldn't do that, as I'm attached to all my pets and I don't even have a free slot, but I'll have to wait at least until March to get this avvie, and I see a lot of people wanting it right this minute and just acting like jerks.

5 hours ago, emily_speck_15 said:

Can confirm!  It was one of my neopets on my side's birthday, and it totally worked!!

Quick, go collect some rubbish just in case birthdays are the magic key lol

2 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

Well done! Thanks for the info!

Although, am I the only one who fears a rash of people creating and using new pets for obtaining the avatar, then pounding them immediately? I wouldn't do that, as I'm attached to all my pets and I don't even have a free slot, but I'll have to wait at least until March to get this avvie, and I see a lot of people wanting it right this minute and just acting like jerks.

Quick, go collect some rubbish just in case birthdays are the magic key lol

You're not the only one that thinks that. I think it too. I only have to wait until september 9th. I am so happy I recently marked all my pet's birthdays in my calendar. Made it a lot easier to find out.

About the rubbish, I got it on day 2 that avatar was released. Don't know if it was glitched then or not but I didn't had a bday pet and I didn't do anything special. I just went there. I tried on my side a day later to confirm, went around the same time, but didn't get anything. So maybe it's a random time for everyone? Like the worms and magma pool in Moltara? Or a different time each day like Turmy?

Haha, look what I just saw on JN's front page:

Update: The solution for this avatar is to deposit any amount of Neopoints into your bank accounton your active Neopet's birthday. You can create a new Neopet to qualify for this if your current Neopets are not the right age. You can no longer seem to create a new Neopet to satisfy the requirements for this avatar. The Neopet must be at least 1 year old.

553.gif

That didn't take long, did it? I figured that was going to happen when the pound filled up with 4-minute-old pets ?

I was able to create a new pet for the avvie that day before they changed the rules as I knew they would! . So I got lucky. However, that pet also doubled for the Bony Grarrl Club avvie pet that I got that same day. I usually make pets with names that are appealing  if they are given away and not LENNY_0003_ROX_LOL but I do like having a grarrl.  Hes so ferocious! 

@Vlagopus you are correct. 7 days. 

And to be honest, I'm quite sure people already abuse the pound for birthday cupcakes every 7 days. 

42 minutes ago, Kute said:

@Vlagopus you are correct. 7 days. 

And to be honest, I'm quite sure people already abuse the pound for birthday cupcakes every 7 days. 

Thats good that there is at least a limit. I'll admit I didn't know, but then I've also never abandoned a pet before. Obviously using that feature is not a bad thing in all cases, but it boggles my mind that people go to the trouble of doing all that just for the cupcakes and things. It's just a game in the end, what's the point really? It just frustrates me, like when people cheat at the AC. 

22 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

Thats good that there is at least a limit. I'll admit I didn't know, but then I've also never abandoned a pet before. Obviously using that feature is not a bad thing in all cases, but it boggles my mind that people go to the trouble of doing all that just for the cupcakes and things. It's just a game in the end, what's the point really? It just frustrates me, like when people cheat at the AC. 

Lurking the boards i see a LOT of cheaters. Mostly the overactive ones with accounts  <6 months yet they have stamp avvies, expensive items to lend. It infuriates me. Theres even people crying how theyre frozen because they 'didnt cheat' and then admit they were just associated with cheating. ???‍♀️ It kinda freaks me out too. I deleted someone I had as a neofriend cus I suspected they were a cheater and I didnt want to be connected to them in any way.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get it the day it was released by creating a new pet (a green Skeith I named AGoodDayAtTheBank) but I heard TNT changed that later, so the pet had to be at least one year old. One of my pets birthdays in later in September, so I could have just waited, but I was too impatient. I liked the clever twist of it not being a simple clickable.

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, enitul said:

I just input a Trudy's surprise amount which was 18500 np and then I got it... So I'm not sure exactly how it works.

You got it because it's Koishar's birthday today. :nod_yes:

It's paying money in on your active pet's birthday that triggers it. ☺️