Coconut Shy Explosion

Rayd1978

3 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

I haven't knocked one down yet. Is it normal to frequently miss the coconut, or am I doing something wrong?

I miss at least a third every time, even with using the tricks the guide says, and right-clicking in the coconut shy box so the cursor's visible. ?

I hate this game lol. I always lose about 1k. I usually just keep my mouse by the A like the guide suggests. Looking back at all the responses, it really looks like it's based on pure luck. 

It's very much pure luck. Often the game will make you miss, regardless of cursor placement or which coconut you're going for. You just have to keep trying and hope for the best.

On 5/2/2019 at 5:23 PM, Duma said:

You're lucky! I haven't had any in months. I think I started playing halfway of January but like I said, none so far have dropped for me.

I think it took me about 6 months of playing (almost daily), before I finally knocked one down.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:55 PM, Robin Hood said:

I haven't knocked one down yet. Is it normal to frequently miss the coconut, or am I doing something wrong?

Completely normal. You can hit a coconut, then not move your mouse at all for the next throw, and still miss it by a mile.

4 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

I place the cursor over the 'a' in 'try again' like the guide suggests, and yeah roughly a third of my throws miss.

I never quite figured out which 'a' in 'play again' should be used, so I alternate between all 3. Doesn't matter at all though, and other spots can work just as well. I think I'm still more impressed by the games where I only missed 1 or 2 throws than by the ones where I knocked down a coconut. ?

Let us see how much of an abject failure I can be at this today. :lmaosmiley:

Starting off with - NP: 14,333

After - NP: 13,783

Wow, check out that profit. ?

So in the main I just hit the coconut and it didn't move, it missed completely maybe 4 times, and I got it to wobble 3 times, maybe 4. One if those was the lighter tall coconut.

This time around I aimed in a different spot, too, centrally on the lip of the cup.

MOKDdeM.jpg

I'm semi-seriously considering trying this and not aiming anywhere NEAR the coconut and seeing what the hit ratio is then. ?

Good to know that I'm not just bad at the game then, haha. Maybe it just generates a random outcome and has nothing to do with aim? Hmm... ?

7 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Good to know that I'm not just bad at the game then, haha. Maybe it just generates a random outcome and has nothing to do with aim? Hmm... ?

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with your aim and is just RNG, given you can use this link instead of clicking on the coconuts.

19 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Oh yeah, it's definitely random. I mean, it's meant to be one of those rigged carnival games, right? Aim has nothing to do with it, this kind of interface just makes us feel like we have some control over it. XD

11 hours ago, Duskitty said:

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with your aim and is just RNG, given you can use this link instead of clicking on the coconuts.

I knew someone had mentioned using that link before, but I couldn't find it, thanks for posting! :smile:

I think aiming has a -little- to do with it.   Not sure, but think if your aim is way off, is possible to miss every time.   I should test that some day, see if it's possible to miss every time on purpose.

But yeah, if your aim is dead on, lot of the balls go to the side anyway.  Which of course you can try to take advantage of, aim to the side, some balls fly straight and miss, others go to the side, and so hit.

But once you do hit, chances of the hit dropping the coconut are very small.

By no means exact numbers, but my take is pretty much that when you click the button, the game flips a coin to see if the ball will go straight, or to the side.    Then it checks if that resulting throw will hit or miss.   If it hits, roll a dice, 66.9% chance is barely wiggles, 33% chance it wobbles, and 0.1% chance it falls down.  And somewhere in there, a really, REALLY small chance that it explodes.

I can now confirm it's possible to miss every single throw.   I aimed slightly left of the 'P' in 'Play again' and every throw went straight between the two coconuts.    I guess it's -possible- that today was the day I rolled poorly and all 20 missed, but I very much doubt it.   So I'm sticking with the theory that aiming -is- important.

• 2 weeks later...

Yaaaaaaay

woohoo2.PNG.53b57433cd3c5a32a72d82eb20d62c74.PNG

evilcoconut.gif

I finally knocked this avatar off of my list. :D

Special thanks to whoever mentioned the "first a of again" technique!

Oh, and it gave me an item worth 210k NP called Infernal Evil Coconut. More dumb luck, I suppose. Yesterday I get a 300k NP item, today I get a 200k NP item.

Yeah, the evil coconuts sell for a pretty decent price.    Some more than others. but even the 'low cost' ones have pretty decent pricetags.

I'm still waiting to make one explode.

• 1 month later...

Nice!!!

Your totally non-aggressive threat to @Rayd1978's luck supremacy continues. ?

That coconut totally looks like a wrestler's mask, I wonder what their name would be, lol. Sadly, when I try to come up with something witty all I'm gettin' is tumbleweed. >_<

• 1 month later...

ughhh I want this avatar so bad! I think it might be my dream one I'd consistently use. here's to hoping I'll have some of your luck if I play every day @Robin Hood :D 

also I love those coconut designs - evil yet cute. I might start a collection. some day. when I'm rich and famous and stuff.

1 hour ago, alohadiscordia said:

ughhh I want this avatar so bad! I think it might be my dream one I'd consistently use. here's to hoping I'll have some of your luck if I play every day @Robin Hood :D 

also I love those coconut designs - evil yet cute. I might start a collection. some day. when I'm rich and famous and stuff.

I got the avatar recently and I think that's entirely down to @Robin Hood and @Rayd1978's combined luck spreading around, as I hardly EVER remembered to play this game.

So stalk 'em both a bit and see what it nets ya! ?

5 hours ago, alohadiscordia said:

most of them are in the 200k range so if you play Ghoul Catchers every day and some games here and there you can start a nice collection of them .. except for maybe 2 or 3 more expensive ones

next time i knock one down im sending it to you :)

@Angeló hrm you're right... there is 50k a day in ghoul catchers alone... I just kinda keep forgetting about it. maybe if it wouldn't be so soulless / boring... also that's so kind of you, thanks a lot! :)

@jellysundae that might be my best bet :D also congrats on the ava! 

Guess what I just knocked down! AGAIN! How am I so lucky??? It barely took a week this time!

coconut2.PNG.17d6dc960c6c87def1513733f4a9856f.PNG

Well done Robin! That's a cool-looking nut, too.

I'd almost decided to put the one I got in my album, but when I checked my till I saw it'd sold lol.