Chia MP/Chia Pop Inflation

MinaxUmbra

Recently I was looking for a Chia MP and Magical Chia pop so I could use them to get my pet a color unavailable to Wockies so I could turn one of my pets into an Ice Wocky with the new premium perk. While I was shopping I noticed that Chia Morphing potions had inflated and some Magical Chia pops had inflated by over 500%. I think this is due to the new premium perk allowing you to choose any color if the pet being changed was in a color unavailable to the species it was being turned into. Seeing as the chia is the only species with the fruit and vegetable colors it makes sense that people are using the Chia to take advantage of the new perk.

I was wondering what people thought about this effect of the perk and if people think the perk should be changed or removed. I also was wondering what people thought of the perk making Ice Boris available which is likely a large cause for the rise in demand for Chia Pops.

I think its more because of the shop wizard allowing people to place items at 999,999.  I've had this problem trying to sell off rarer items or buy rarer items. Because there are not that many of these items in supply people are able to demand higher prices without trading post haggle. There are some trading cards I would like to buy but prices are inflated 500% as well with those.  It would make sense that the species / color change option would raise prices as well. ??I believe that they are trying to work with an adjust the economy in the game since too many people have a LOT of NP. 

I had no clue people were using it this way though!   Yea I don't think that it's fair that people can choose what color they want. They should just change to the basic colors if anything. 

43 minutes ago, Kute said:

??I believe that they are trying to work with an adjust the economy in the game since too many people have a LOT of NP. 

There is an easier solution to fixing the economy. Get rid of Trudy's Surprise. It is flooding the economy with neopoints causing part of the inflation.

I think greed is the main motivation in the cost inflation.  Some sellers price their items at incredibly (and ridiculously) high prices.  Paintbrushes, in particular, shouldn't cost so much. I think Trudy's Surprise is a great help to players who don't battle all the time.  It allows us to do neohomes and dress up our pets without spending neocash or waiting years to do it.