Mystery Portal...

Vlagopus

Saw this at Buried Treasure (and a few other places), and the portal led to Brightvale with a new makeover, with a Green Kacheek that says "Oh dear, I knew the spell would do something crazy, but how can I expect to succeed if I don’t try crazy things?! I must find a way to stop those portals immediately! I really can’t talk right now – can we save this conversation for later, please? I’ll be right here."

New site event perhaps? I wouldn't mind a few freebies like the cute petpets from the Dragoyle event ?

Can't wait!!

994212358_ScreenShot2018-08-22at22_26_20.png.a0ea51249593482acddb34a886464b8e.png

I've got them too. I started tracking them as I was doing dailies and I've found 13 so far. Some are round and some are ovals. They all link to the new Brightvale map and I'm assuming it's some sort of a mini game, but I wonder if it's not fully active yet? The little Kacheek on the Brightvale map page who apparently "cast a spell" that caused the portals says one of three things every time I follow a portal back to him. Since the conversation is not progressive, I'm thinking maybe the game isn't live yet but the portals are out there to get people interested. (Or JS accidentally released only part of the game, lol)

OR.... maybe there are a certain number and you have to find them all to trigger the game start? Hmmmmmmm....

Here is the list of everywhere I've found portals, lets see if anyone has found them in different places!

• Giant Omelette
  • Wise Old King
  • Deserted Tomb
  • Fruit Machine
  • Coltzan's Shrine
  • Discarded Blue Plushie of Prosperity
  • Island Training School
  • Pirate Training School
  • Gold Dubloon
  • Smugglers Cove
  • Buried Treasure
  • Poogle Racing
  • Snowager

I'm off to work so I don't have time to hunt more until later. Lets hope the game starts soon!

I just saw the portal at the Deserted Tomb and promptly came here to see what was going on, lol. This is most intriguing‼

I like that they're making a little song and dance out of the maps being refreshed, not just having it happen with no fanfare.

It's kind of cute.  I got two different scripts from the little Kacheek so far, and found the portals on Coltzan's Shrine, The Giant Omelette, The Jelly, Discarded Blue Plushie of Prosperity,  and the Fruit Machine.  I like this kind of game.  I really enjoyed looking for the little Dragoyles.  I would love one as a petpet.

53 minutes ago, Kute said:

Awe yeaaaa. I've been waiting for this. I love coming on here and checking whats new before ever hitting neopets. I'm like a giddy little girl. 

The real question here is, are you now going to investigate the WTF (what the Fyora :angel:) that's undoubtedly being hypothesised on the boards?! ?

I'm excited too! I think all portals are ment to be round but some of them look a bit squiched by the picture.

here are a few screenshots of the conversations of the Kacheek:

Deserted Tomb, Giant Omelette:

image.png

Fruit machine, Coltzan Shrine:

image.png

DBPoP, Training school:

image.png

I tried Buried Treasure but I didn't get a portal there.

I'm always getting the same conversation at the same page.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

WTF (what the Fyora :angel:)

Im stealing this. ??

@Duma  Thanks for posting this. I've only had two of those convos so far. I noticed the different sizes as well but the image url is all the same.  Hopefully we will find out more soon! 

@Trea  Were you not able to get one from the event? I think two (the regular and the electric) go for like 20K ish right now in shops. 

• I started with trouble in that the image for the portal wouldn't load, and the game asking me for a password.   I logged out and back in, and now the image loads up fine.

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The real question here is, are you now going to investigate the WTF (what the Fyora :angel:) that's undoubtedly being hypothesised on the boards?! ?

"what the Fyora" has to be my new favorite neo abbreviation!! Brilliant Jelly ☺️

And um, nope, even if I hadn't had to go in to work I don't think I would have waded into the NeoBoards to check out the theories... amusing as that can be sometimes, I have found that I usually don't have the patience for the regular boards on the day that events and things start. I much prefer it here... snarky and creative, but not insane ? 

Just signed up to post here! I stumbled upon this thread while trying to figure out what the portal was...I found it at:

Coltzan's Shrine (oval, "Oh dear, I knew the spell would do something crazy...")
The Deserted Tomb (round, "Oh, the king will have my head for this...")
The Fruit Machine (oval, "Oh, the king will have my head for this...")
Giant Omelette (oval, "Oh, the king will have my head for this...")
TDMBGPoP (round,  "Oh dear, I knew the spell would do something crazy...")
Wise Old King (round, "Good grief, not another one!")
Swashbuckling Academy (oval, "Oh, the king...")

16 hours ago, Kute said:

Im stealing this. ??

13 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

"what the Fyora" has to be my new favorite neo abbreviation!! Brilliant Jelly ☺️

Happy to be of service, ladies! ?

15 hours ago, Nielo said:

The portal image is called https://images.neopets.com/events/brightvale2018/portal.gif, so based on that name it does appear to be (the start of) a Brightvale related event.

Now if I was part of TNT, and being fully aware that people look for info in image names etc., I'D make up all kinds of stuff in the names to throw them off track. :ph34r:

HI! *my first post on the forum, long time lurker*

This portal thing is pretty fun. I definitely think they're trying to get our attention by putting it on the dailies that we visit. I just got a happy bonus from going through one of the portals I had not yet gone through, it was while the snowager was asleep I went through and got a something has happened event! Woohoo! Pretty sure this is random but I go by the rule of click on everything clickable and you could be rewarded! What does everyone else think? I'm looking forward to finding out what this is all about

IMG_0829.jpg.072bb81c073d9a0da09969f5f9c382de.jpg

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Now if I was part of TNT, and being fully aware that people look for info in image names etc., I'D make up all kinds of stuff in the names to throw them off track. :ph34r:

Lol, I get that, but with the thousands of images they probably have stored, they probably want to name them appropriately, or else they'd risk spending hours searching for one. XD

26 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Lol, I get that, but with the thousands of images they probably have stored, they probably want to name them appropriately, or else they'd risk spending hours searching for one. XD

Ah but, what I'd do is rename things appropriately once something was live, but during the run up... nu uh, not givin' nothing away. :hmmph:

Image name = https://images.neopets.com/nope/nothing to see here/move along.gif

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Happy to be of service, ladies! ?

One year there was an event that the clue was in the page source..  I think I was a little too young and internet naive to understand any of that. 

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Ah but, what I'd do is rename things appropriately once something was live, but during the run up... nu uh, not givin' nothing away. :hmmph:

Image name = https://images.neopets.com/nope/nothing to see here/move along.gif

But this image is already live... ?

18 minutes ago, Kute said:

One year there was an event that the clue was in the page source..  I think I was a little too young and internet naive to understand any of that. 

Before I became a software engineer, I would never have thought about looking at the code. (But it seems pretty weird to have an event that would rely on that... maybe someone just used that as a clue, but it wasn't an official one?)

1 hour ago, Nielo said:

But this image is already live... ?

Before I became a software engineer, I would never have thought about looking at the code. (But it seems pretty weird to have an event that would rely on that... maybe someone just used that as a clue, but it wasn't an official one?)

I wish I could remember for what plot / event that was for. It had to be like.. 15+ years ago. And you may be right. It couldve just been clues people found. 

Have been some pretty obscure clues in plots past.   I also do not recall details, but I do recall something about page code.   I think it was something along the lines of being randomized, so you had to try out the 500 different possible combonations to see which was the right one for you.... OR you could glance at the code and know right away.

2 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

Have been some pretty obscure clues in plots past.   I also do not recall details, but I do recall something about page code.   I think it was something along the lines of being randomized, so you had to try out the 500 different possible combonations to see which was the right one for you.... OR you could glance at the code and know right away.

This also has a familiar ring to me, but yes it was many, MANY moons ago. I feel like you're right, there was a shortcut to figuring out a plot step if you looked at the page code. I think maybe it had to do with a Desert plot where there was a temple or tomb or something that had 1000 doors, and the right one was random for each user? This was back when I was in college, mind you, so I was much younger and far more likely to be intoxicated back then, so my long-ago Neo memories are not always the most accurate ?

5 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I think maybe it had to do with a Desert plot where there was a temple or tomb or something that had 1000 doors,

That plot killed me, drove me nuts and I lost the will to live and didn't/couldn't finish it, lol. People got frozen for using guides, too. ? I wish I could remember the details, but I just remember that one of the ladies in the guild I was in had it happen to her. Seems a pretty unreasonable thing for TNT to do, but... ?‍♀️