Lets Talk About Funko Pops ?

Angeló

Does anyone on TDNF collect Funko Pops ? A friend of mine collects them with her son and they have about 300 pops which they ordered from Amazon bcz shops here dont carry them .. which can become very costly bcz of air shipping fees. Either way I think Pops are cute , so I made an order and it arrived today. Im so happy with my Pops, esp that the Porg is a CHASE which means it is limited edition ?

71708E99-A305-4313-A385-75C356BEDC96.jpeg

39 minutes ago, enitul said:

I have a few, but I only get the ones that I like if I see them. ?

yeah im not planning on hard-core collect them .. but for example i really want the Twin Peaks Set .. i may get it on my Birthday in September :) 

which ones do you have ?

I love them, and constantly have to stop myself from buying too many. (Especially now that I've found a Dutch webshop which sells them, plus a shop near my house.) I currently have seventeen of them. (Not counting like 4 keychains.) XD

(Not buying them is hard! Even after I promised myself I'd only get the characters I really love, because they keep releasing new ones, including some of my favourite characters.)

2 hours ago, Nielo said:

I love them, and constantly have to stop myself from buying too many. (Especially now that I've found a Dutch webshop which sells them, plus a shop near my house.) I currently have seventeen of them. (Not counting like 4 keychains.) XD

(Not buying them is hard! Even after I promised myself I'd only get the characters I really love, because they keep releasing new ones, including some of my favourite characters.)

Do you have some pics to show us ? And whats the average price in NL ? ?

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

Do you have some pics to show us ? And whats the average price in NL ? ?

The average price is mostly somewhere between 10 and 15 euros, so they're pretty affordable. (Special/limited editions might be more expensive though.)

Sure. :D Here are some pics:

Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter) & Eleven (Stranger Things):

Luna_Eleven.jpg

Boggart Snape (Harry Potter):

DSC_0010.jpg

Buffy & Giles (Buffy the Vampire Slayer):

DSC_0211.jpg

And this is how they're all stacked on top of each other in my living room:
(Left stack: Snape, Luna and Wonder Woman; right stack: Buffy and Faith (top) and Giles and Buffy (I already owned that Buffy one, but then the Buffy and Faith one came out and I just had to have it. ?)

DSC_0666.jpg

Top row: Maleficent, Rose & the Ninth Doctor (Doctor Who), Eleven, Merida (Brave);
Bottom row: Doc Brown (Back to the Future), Kaylee (Firefly), Jules (Pulp Fiction), Willy Wonka, Marty McFly (Back to the Future).

(Also featured: Lego Brickheadz Black Widow, and Marty McFly Keychain.)
DSC_0665.jpg

And these aren't technically mine, but they're awesome anyway. I bought them (Harry & Marv from Home Alone) for my dad, so they're at my parents house:

DSC_0172.jpg

I have a few Disney and DC ones! My boyfriend collects them but only the ones he's interested in. He has SO many though he stacks them super high against a wall. I was just thinking today it would be cool if they made neopets pops. 

@NieloEleven with Eggos is my favorite :) i also love Maleficent and Marty and Jules and WillyWonks (the 70's original)  

I'm not s much into Harry Potter but they have some of the best pops !

the Wet Bandits are so cool ! i love how they put on their injuries (iron to the forehead . and exploded hat haha) 

2 hours ago, gypsyknees said:

I was just thinking today it would be cool if they made neopets pops.

8-Bit ones !! 

23 hours ago, Angeló said:

yeah im not planning on hard-core collect them .. but for example i really want the Twin Peaks Set .. i may get it on my Birthday in September ?

which ones do you have ?

Well, the ones I know I have without looking through my pile of cool trash: Godzilla (was the first one I got for my birthday), D.va (Overwatch) (got for Christmas), Glow in the dark Foxy (FNAF) and that dragon from the Dragonball series. Can't remember his name. I might have one or 2 more, or I might not. I have waaaay too many things piled up in bags and boxes. XD

1 hour ago, enitul said:

that dragon from the Dragonball series

Shenron ? wow he's so cool 

do you have the normal one or the 6" gold one ? :D

i love the Glow in the Dark ones

i've been watching so many Pop collector videos on Youtube that I feel I own all the Pops haaha 

47 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Shenron ? wow he's so cool 

do you have the normal one or the 6" gold one ? :D

i love the Glow in the Dark ones

i've been watching so many Pop collector videos on Youtube that I feel I own all the Pops haaha 

The normal one I guess. I also have a statue of him (was tricky to assemble) with all the Dragonballs in front of him. I don't watch the anime, but I like dragons. :3 But I do know that he's powerful and grants wishes though.

20 hours ago, Kute said:

@Nielo  This is a great collection! I love all of them! Especially Eleven with eggos?  You have the cool kid collection I wish I had but am too stingy to buy. ?

Haha, thanks! I think that's the first time anyone described anything even remotely related to me with the words "cool kid". :P

5 hours ago, Angeló said:

@NieloEleven with Eggos is my favorite ? i also love Maleficent and Marty and Jules and WillyWonks (the 70's original)  

I'm not s much into Harry Potter but they have some of the best pops !

the Wet Bandits are so cool ! i love how they put on their injuries (iron to the forehead . and exploded hat haha)

I love Harry Potter, but due to the sheer amount of pops they have of all the characters, I promised myself not to get any (because I was afraid I'd want them all). I couldn't resist these special editions of Luna and Snape though. ? 

I know, those details are what made me decide to get them for my dad. Pops aren't really his thing, but watching Home Alone is a family Christmas tradition, and he really liked how recognisable these are. Especially Marv. :D 

21 hours ago, DesertRose said:

I have an insane collection of Funkos. I have the entire collection from the Wonder Woman movie. I'm only missing the IndoRaptor from Jurassic World. Others include Groot, Draculaura, Wolverine, and X-23.

WhiteWolf has Ichigo and Rukia from Bleach.

if u could show us some of ur favorites that'd be really great :) 

On 7/18/2018 at 5:15 PM, DesertRose said:

I have an insane collection of Funkos. I have the entire collection from the Wonder Woman movie. I'm only missing the IndoRaptor from Jurassic World. Others include Groot, Draculaura, Wolverine, and X-23.

WhiteWolf has Ichigo and Rukia from Bleach.

I was not aware they had anime ones?  Also.I love the groot one! I am tempted to purchase it. 

So i just looked up anime funko pop on google images and saw this and almost cried image.png.c7c3c36e194a98e53fa74027e822b44e.png

Then I saw THIS image.png.b431fe3dfbd69739620c0db2dc021bb2.png  SO freakin cute!!!! ahahaha. A lot of the Pixar ones are ????

I'm with @Angeló   I would love to see your collection :D How exciting. 

On 7/20/2018 at 4:09 AM, Kute said:

I was not aware they had anime ones?

yes . Pops! Asia are like exclusive to Japan .. they're some of the best Pops ...

Pictures may have to wait until I get back from vacation.

ok .. we are all patiently waiting :D 

I'm not really too into Funko Pops. My brother is super into them though. I bought him a Nazgul Funko Pop for Christmas 2017 before Toys R Us closed. I just prefer my collectibles to be....a bit more cuddly, like stuffed animals. 

One thing that is cool about Funko Pops is they make ones for all kinds of fandoms, be it music, anime, video games, TV shows or movies. I find that quite awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 8:09 PM, Kute said:

I was not aware they had anime ones?  Also.I love the groot one! I am tempted to purchase it. 

So i just looked up anime funko pop on google images and saw this and almost cried image.png.c7c3c36e194a98e53fa74027e822b44e.png

Then I saw THIS image.png.b431fe3dfbd69739620c0db2dc021bb2.png  SO freakin cute!!!! ahahaha. A lot of the Pixar ones are ????

I'm with @Angeló   I would love to see your collection :D How exciting. 

They do have anime Funkos. White Wolf has both Bleach Funkos- Ichigo and Rukia.

• 2 months later...

I`ve seen a lot of these in places like the comic book store and game store. I know lots of people collect them, but they`re not my thing. I love figurines, I just don`t like this particular style. The big heads, and especially the black eyes are off-putting for me. I might buy the Simba one, but just because I collect The Lion King merchandise. :P

2 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

I`ve seen a lot of these in places like the comic book store and game store. I know lots of people collect them, but they`re not my thing. I love figurines, I just don`t like this particular style. The big heads, and especially the black eyes are off-putting for me. I might buy the Simba one, but just because I collect The Lion King merchandise. :P

Lol, I'm the exact opposite. I don't usually care for figurines at all, but I love the Funko's big heads and black eyes. :D 

(I just pre-ordered the Pop Funko Harry Potter Advent Calendar and I can't wait for it to get here. ?)

9 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Lol, I'm the exact opposite. I don't usually care for figurines at all, but I love the Funko's big heads and black eyes. :D 

(I just pre-ordered the Pop Funko Harry Potter Advent Calendar and I can't wait for it to get here. ?)

so it has 24 random pocket pops that are all Harry Potter characters ? that sounds great