HAHAHAHAHA etc. also trololol maybe, the trophies . . .

Yeah I saw this on Insta, I bet we don't get to see a lot of the entries, because you KNOW a lot won't be at ALL PG-13. ?

Having the public create an actual thing has got to be 100 times worse than getting them to name things, and THAT has created enough lulz so far... Boaty McBoatface, anyone? ?

ABSOLUTELY give it a go @DragonPhoenix

9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah I saw this on Insta, I bet we don't get to see a lot of the entries, because you KNOW a lot won't be at ALL PG-13. ?

Having the public create an actual thing has got to be 100 times worse than getting them to name things, and THAT has created enough lulz so far... Boaty McBoatface, anyone? ?

ABSOLUTELY give it a go @DragonPhoenix

HAHAHAHA yep Boaty McBoatface is right. I remember seeing that on the news and just dying! Similar things happen here when the public gets to name things... if I remember right a local school held a naming contest for their new mascot a few years back, eventually they had to give up and the staff named him because nothing appropriate was submitted. Considering some of the suggestions that actually make it into the top tier of voting for things, I shudder to think of what must get weeded out before things are even released publicly!

Sadly tonight was meet the teacher night at my kids' school and I'm trying to finish off everything that needs doing before school starts on Weds so I did not have time to craft a NeoTrophy, but we'll see what new adventure awaits tomorrow!

5 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

AHAHAHA yep Boaty McBoatface is right. I remember seeing that on the news and just dying! Similar things happen here when the public gets to name things...

I'm just happy that enough humans have enough of a sense of humour for something like that to win. Though part of it will be slightly spiteful because they KNOW that the organisers will be like facepalm.gif

But when you do stuff like this online, where ANYONE can vote, and it costs them nothing in time or effort, this is what you're gonna get. If people had to post in suggestions and votes you can bet only the sensible and worthy names would have made it through because that extra effort would have put a lot of the only mildly interested people off.

I expect the public are becoming a little jaded now, as they now know that the winning whatever won't be used if it's silly, which, being human, will just motivate them to even greater heights of silliness for whatever comes along next. ? Organisers of these kind of things really fail at psychology, don't they...

11 hours ago, Kute said:

Neo has an insta?

Yup https://www.instagram.com/neopetsofficialaccount/?hl=en

2174 followers, I KNOW I noticed the followers figure before and it was a whole lot less - she says - or am I just hoping it's growing... as usual I've really got no idea what I'm talking about. :rolleyes: