Getting apples from the Healing Springs

jellysundae

This has happened twice in the past 2 days, same for anyone else?

The image is broken, so when it happened yesterday I questioned whether this random green apple had come from the Springs, though where it was in my inventory seemed to confirm that's what the broken image had been. But I am sure of it today.

I wonder what they did to cause this to start happening? ? This an intentional play on an apple a day keeping the doctor away, do you think?

I saw some people post about it on the neoboards (the "Help" ones) a few days ago, so you're definitely not alone. Someone there said all the items from the Healing Springs are now apples, but I haven't had an item from the Healing Springs for a while myself, so I have no idea if that's indeed the case. It's weird though. The whole "an apple a day" thing makes sense, but if it affects all items given from the Springs, it seems kinda glitchy to me.

I'm pretty amused by this. Missing out on some rare snowballs while this is happening, but it's no biggy in the grand scheme of things.

Haha yep?

the apples I received are also nameless. I can get about 200 np for them at my shop. 

I know the healing springs faerie can do better than that!!

I too have received a green apple after getting a broken image on the Springs page. I can see adding the apples to the rotation for Springs prizes, I guess, but I'm thinking it's more likely a bit of code went sideways. Hasn't stuff like this happened with most of the dailies that they have updated prize pools for lately?

7 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I too have received a green apple after getting a broken image on the Springs page. I can see adding the apples to the rotation for Springs prizes, I guess, but I'm thinking it's more likely a bit of code went sideways. Hasn't stuff like this happened with most of the dailies that they have updated prize pools for lately?

It certainly has! Oh wait! Are you thinking the Healing Springs prize pool has been updated too? I wouldn't have thought the Springs would suddenly start giving out apples, and only apples, because the Deserted Tomb was updated, I mean that makes ZERO sense, but then this is Neopets so I guess it can't be completely dismissed as a possibility. ?

21 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It certainly has! Oh wait! Are you thinking the Healing Springs prize pool has been updated too? I wouldn't have thought the Springs would suddenly start giving out apples, and only apples, because the Deserted Tomb was updated, I mean that makes ZERO sense, but then this is Neopets so I guess it can't be completely dismissed as a possibility. ?

I wasn't necessarily thinking it was a direct result of the Deserted Tomb update (because you're right, that would make no sense even by Neo standards) but I was more wondering if they had tried to update the Springs with additional items and something got, i dunno, stuck? I'm not good at coding so I don't know the mechanics of it, but it seems they have added things to lots of the prize pools lately and each time something goofy seems to happen.

3 hours ago, MegHidd said:

This happened to me too. I hope they can fix it soon, I actually needed my pets to be healed  and one of them is a kyrii...I don't think the apple will do quite what the 'doctor' intended. 

Totally agree! However, I FINALLY got actual healing (a whopping 3 pts though, thanks Springs! lol) earlier today so maybe the downpour of apples has finally stopped? (Hopefully!)

It is still healing normally, thankfully. I only got healing yesterday, no apples for me! xD It makes sense that the items in the prize pool have no impact on any other functions of an area. I still can't wrap my head around how the prize pool's been messed up though.

The other goofiness (thanks for that word @DragonPhoenix!) made a bit more sense, like when Bart starting giving out old Advent Calendar prizes and Hidden Tower items and so on, people figured his prize pool was extended to basically anything with the word apple in the name, without any kind of parameters set. But the Springs' problem is entirely different, isn't it, and really weird. :arrowhead:

We'll never find out what actually happened, either. It'll be blamed on Meepits!

12 hours ago, MegHidd said:

This happened to me too. I hope they can fix it soon, I actually needed my pets to be healed  and one of them is a kyrii...I don't think the apple will do quite what the 'doctor' intended. 

Healing still works fine though, it's only the items that are messed up. ?
(I only got an apple after reading about it happening to many other people, before that, the Springs had just been healing my pets.)

9 hours ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I wasn't necessarily thinking it was a direct result of the Deserted Tomb update (because you're right, that would make no sense even by Neo standards) but I was more wondering if they had tried to update the Springs with additional items and something got, i dunno, stuck? I'm not good at coding so I don't know the mechanics of it, but it seems they have added things to lots of the prize pools lately and each time something goofy seems to happen.

Actually, it's probably possible for the Deserted Tomb update to have messed up the Healing Springs. (Or it could be something else, who knows.) But now that I've worked as a software engineer on a pretty big application for a year, I've learned that anything can be connected, and it's super easy to break things you'd never heard of, and therefere assumed were unrelated to the code you were working on. I'm pretty sure Neo's code isn't in the best shape, and considering the sheer size of the game, it's definitely possible that one update broke something else entirely.

17 minutes ago, Nielo said:

But now that I've worked as a software engineer on a pretty big application for a year, I've learned that anything can be connected, and it's super easy to break things you'd never heard of, and therefere assumed were unrelated to the code you were working on. I'm pretty sure Neo's code isn't in the best shape, and considering the sheer size of the game, it's definitely possible that one update broke something else entirely.

My friend Yan (that my account's named after) has coding skillz, and he's said before that fixing one thing is pretty much guaranteed to break at least 6 other things. ? So yeah, maybe I'm wrong saying the Forgotten Tomb's new prizes had nothing to do with a certain Water faerie's sudden obsession with apples.

OH! Mayybeee, it's like that thing with a butterfly flapping its wings in the rainforest causing . . . whatever it is they say that causes . . . :ph34r:

The Tomb is pretty mystical after all and it would make a lot of sense that changes being made there would have untold effects elsewhere, so the Healing Springs suddenly being full of apples isn't beyond the realms of feasibility.

If I could draw, in this space you would be looking at a pic of said faerie, arms akimbo, shaking her head over a mountain of apples where there's supposed to be water. ?

57 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

My friend Yan (that my account's named after) has coding skillz, and he's said before that fixing one thing is pretty much guaranteed to break at least 6 other things. ? So yeah, maybe I'm wrong saying the Forgotten Tomb's new prizes had nothing to do with a certain Water faerie's sudden obsession with apples.

OH! Mayybeee, it's like that thing with a butterfly flapping its wings in the rainforest causing . . . whatever it is they say that causes . . . :ph34r:

The Tomb is pretty mystical after all and it would make a lot of sense that changes being made there would have untold effects elsewhere, so the Healing Springs suddenly being full of apples isn't beyond the realms of feasibility.

If I could draw, in this space you would be looking at a pic of said faerie, arms akimbo, shaking her head over a mountain of apples where there's supposed to be water. ?

Yes, that sound about right! XD (I love that you named your account after him!)

I sometimes wonder if that's not exactly what happens when some of my code breaks everything. It seems so random (and impossible) sometimes. But I'll blame it on the butterflies. ?

Haha, I can picture it quite clearly! :D

IT IS FIXED ! ! !

The Water Faerie says a few magical words and...

Healing Potion XX appears in her hand. She hands it to you... 'Use this wisely!'.

pot_healing20.gif

The impromptu apple bonanza is OVER !