A Question for the Admin

granny63020

I got a Faerie Quest and received a Rainbow Fountain dip. So, I have already in the recent past dipped my pet and I can't decide on which pet I want to dip next. I'm not ready to decide. I am confident I am going to get another quest and win another dip. From what I have read I will only be able to have 1 dip that I can't collect them. So, here's my question for the staff.

Can I give away this dip?

If I can I was thinking that maybe I could work it this way...

I take the first 10?  15?  20?  people that may want to change their pets color.

I put the names I get into a hat and I draw one out.

I let that person know and they send me their pet.

I make it the color they want then send it back to them.

I may not even get anyone wanting to do this, I don't know. On the off chance I do though I know it costs to transfer pets. Is there a way I could be reimbursed the neopoints it costs me to do this? I don't want to be cheap but it could turn out to be costly on my end. I would be willing to except ideas on doing this. Maybe it is done all the time? Any and all advice is appreciated. If possible I would like to get started right away. Since the Faerie plot I learned how to do the Faerie Quests and I do 1 quest a day. It's only a matter of time before I get another dip (really, not trying to be sarcastic) and I don't want to throw it away or worse yet rush into changing a pet.

You may not, unfortunately, take another person's pet that they already own and use your dip on it.  Additionally, any time you transfer a pet, another person is not technically permitted to reimburse any transfer costs.

What you can do is offer a pet UFA + FFQ - whether a pet in the pound, one of your pets, or an untaken name, then transfer it to a user.  You can also trade a FFQ for another pet if there are any that you want that can't be obtained from FFQ, same rules apply - a pet in the pound, one of your own pets, or an untaken name.

What is UFA + FFQ?  So, I can ask if there is a pet and or pet color someone may want? I then can take that pet species (as long as I own it) and make it the color that someone may want. When I do that I am then able to gift the pet to anyone I want. There is nothing I want in exchange for doing this. Just trying to give someone a pet they may want. If this means I pay transfer costs then I'm fine with that. Can I prearrange this? Can I find out if someone wants a candy colored uni for instance and then make that pet and transfer it to that member?

UFA + FFQ = up for adoption + fountain faerie quest.

Yes, ma'am, that's precisely right.  It's possible to create a new pet as well, if you so wish, to paint it for somebody as well.  It just can't be a pet they've previously owned.

Just now, fishstick013 said:

UFA + FFQ = up for adoption + fountain faerie quest.

Yes, ma'am, that's precisely right.  It's possible to create a new pet as well, if you so wish, to paint it for somebody as well.  It just can't be a pet they've previously owned.

Now that I know what I can do can I go ahead and ask if anyone is interested and what type of pet they would want? Can I decide which one using my put the names in a hat idea? Where would I post this on the forums?

6 minutes ago, fishstick013 said:

I'm going to step back now.  I don't know the answers to these questions.  :]

The other answers were things I've learned from hanging around the pound neoboard.

Best of luck. :D

Well, OK. Thanks for the advice. Will a real Admin please answer my questions? I want to be sure I am doing things with in the rules of NeoPets.

4 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Now that I know what I can do can I go ahead and ask if anyone is interested and what type of pet they would want? Can I decide which one using my put the names in a hat idea? Where would I post this on the forums?

That's very generous of you, Granny!

You can post that you have a FFQ up for adoption in our Pet Adoption/Trades topic. If someone is interested, you can inquire what pet/colour they are seeking and you can use your FFQ to complete that for them to adopt. You can pick a pet out of the pound that the user likes or you can create a new neopet with a name that user wants and then paint it using the FFQ.

Putting usernames in a hat to randomly draw is probably a grey area that isn't allowed.

Do keep in mind that your FFQ doesn't expire and you can keep it until a colour you are interested in is released!

6 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Do keep in mind that your FFQ doesn't expire and you can keep it until a colour you are interested in is released!

First of all I second that it is very generous!

Second, you could wait with this idea until you actually get another fountain faerie quest. You might get one tomorrow but it could also be a year from now. The moment you get another quest from her (or the grey faerie if you don't want to risk it) you first execute this idea and then turn in the new quest, leaving you with another fountain faerie dip for a possible color you want yourself (or to do paint a pounded/newly created pet again).

17 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

You can post that you have a FFQ up for adoption in our Pet Adoption/Trades topic. If someone is interested, you can inquire what pet/colour they are seeking and you can use your FFQ to complete that for them to adopt. You can pick a pet out of the pound that the user likes or you can create a new neopet with a name that user wants and then paint it using the FFQ.

Putting usernames in a hat to randomly draw is probably a grey area that isn't allowed.

OK This what I am going to do. I will have to chose someone if I get more than one member wanting a painted pet. Not wanting to break any rules and to stay out of the grey area, do you have any suggestions on how to go about picking someone? I should have some option? I should not be required to be held to the 1st member that replies (maybe no one will take me up on my offer). I just don't  know and that does scare me a bit.

10 hours ago, Duma said:

First of all I second that it is very generous!

Second, you could wait with this idea until you actually get another fountain faerie quest. You might get one tomorrow but it could also be a year from now. The moment you get another quest from her (or the grey faerie if you don't want to risk it) you first execute this idea and then turn in the new quest, leaving you with another fountain faerie dip for a possible color you want yourself (or to do paint a pounded/newly created pet again).

Oh, it won't be a year. I do a quest a day and I just had a dip a couple of months ago. Since I do, do a quest a day I don't want to wait until I get another quest from the Fountain Fairie because that would put everything on hold until I used or gave away the one I have now. (I hadn't thought about the Grey Fairie so thanks for bringing that to my attention). I'm undecided about painting one of my pets so that isn't an option for me right now.

Also, thank you both for the kind words. I'm off to post in another forum!