Is it Cheating to play slushie slinger and Shootout showdown at the same time?

I swear I thought I saw somewhere years ago that your not allowed to play two games at once on Neopets but when I looked it up on google i couldn't find anything about it. My brother has been doing this for years during the Altador cup and claims Neopets hasn't made it against the rules. Do any of you know anything about this?

You are correct. Here is a quote:

I know it's obviously against the rules to play two of the same game at the same time in different tabs, but is there a rule against playing different games at the same time? For example scoring a couple of games in Yooyuball while I wait for my customers to build up in Slushie Slinger, or playing a game of Shootout Showdown when there's a darigan yooyu that just refuses to go in the net in my game of Yooyuball? Any clarification on this would be fantastic! ~usukii
Good question! There have been a lot of similar questions about playing two separate games in different tabs, windows, computers, etc. However, the answer will remain the same for all. You are only allowed to play one game at a time. Playing two games at once could lead to you being frozen and I would hate to see that happen. So, although it might take longer to finish a game before starting the next, it's a definite rule.

ref: Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 784, 2nd day of Relaxing, Y19, Question #1 - http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=784

And a few more:

Hi, TNT! Would it be against site rules to play two games of Yooyuball simultaneously on the same account in two different browser tabs? Please remove my username. ~username removed
Uh, no. That sounds like it just promotes cheating and abuse. Please only play one game at a time.

ref: Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 648, 6th day of Relaxing, Y16, Question #4 - http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=648

Hey TNT! Recently I read that we cannot play two games at the altador cup at the same time, which got me worrying. Am I allowed to browse the neoboards while I play? Slushie slinger takes so long, and I don't want to look like a suspicious user! ~cecilinas

Hiyaaa buddy!! So I've gotten a lot of these "what if" scenarios lately so I'll just say this. You are not allowed to play two games in different tabs/windows/etc. at once. This includes other games besides Altador Cup, I would steer clear of any of that! There's really no dire need to have an AC game and regular one at the same time. So, to be safe, always just keep one game open at a time. However, browsing the site is allowed! So you are free to check out some Neoboards just be sure to only have one game open at a time!

ref: Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 786, 16th day of Relaxing, Y19, Question #2 - http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=786

So far, haven't heard of anyone not progressing in rank, but it could possibly happen. Unsure what to think, as it seems Scrappy is MIA. But, this "rule" started last year, and even though your brother is a seasoned AC player, I hope he is careful.

Personally, I don't even HOW someone could actually play TWO games of yooyu ball at the same time, LOL.  I can barely manage one!:confused:  Imagine trying to play two games of MSoN!!  LOL.  Pounding on 4 letters of the keyboard instead of two.  Hmmmm!  Would that actually work?:unsure:

But, in all seriousness, as @Scoobert_Doo has so generously pointed out with links to the editorials, it IS against the rules to play two of ANY game at the same time. 

Good luck to everyone.  Have fun!

I think it's silly that it's against the rules.. if I'm not cheating so what if I can split my brain?? I had played Slushie Slingers and MSN and SOS (alternating between the two) cause I just didn't have time to play them all (which it's ridiculous to get what you need to reach All Star as is), but had to stop as I didn't know it was "against the rules", I just find it dumb xD 

TNT always has those little quirks though, rules that ruin things for everyone sometimes haha Oh well.

I think I understand why it's against the rules. I think it's because results being sent in from various tabs at the same time might APPEAR to be cheating to whatever measures they have in place to detect that very thing. Because playing multiple games at once is no doubt what a lot of the cheating bots do. So it's only sensible to try and minimise the risk of a genuine player getting accidentally frozen by making playing AC games in multiple tabs against the rules.