1 hour ago, Vlagopus said:

It's probably a silly question, but what is SOTAC, ASG, and ACG?

ASG - All Star Group

ACG - All Cheater Group (I HATE them having a title, it's like a badge of honour or something)

SOTAC - and I need to look this up again, every year. xDD Secret Order of the Altador Cup. "perhaps the most famous ASG out there" according to JellyNeo. I wonder if they wear robes and have a silly handshake? :ph34r:

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

SOTAC - and I need to look this up again, every year. xDD Secret Order of the Altador Cup. "perhaps the most famous ASG out there" according to JellyNeo. I wonder if they wear robes and have a silly handshake? :ph34r:

Lol, with a name like that (can't say I ever really knew what the acronym stood for XD), I bet they do. :P
(I mean, their forums are called the "CHATacombs". So, yeah.)

3 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I do too, most of the time (sometimes the sheer amount of puns on the same page drives me insane).

Haha, yes. But I mainly like it because it shows there's clever people on Neo. ?

OY. So I just saw the confirmation on the News page that the Tournament runs thru Saturday the 30th. Now the dilemma... I had almost made peace with the fact that losing an unexpected extra day in this last break meant I wasn't going to achieve my goal so I hardly played today, now it will just barely be reachable again but I won't sleep tonight or Friday night since I have to work most of the day. ARGH. I wish I could let it go but I probably can't ?

@DragonPhoenix I feel that! I was in the same boat, hoping to make double AS and then thinking it wouldn't be possible with one less day. Except I never made my peace with it, lol. I'm set to just barely scrape by with enough points by the end of the tournament, but I'm going for it! 

I've just played one game of YYB against DC, and that's all I'm intending to play, lol.

11-0 scored and the very last Yooyu I got, with just 3 seconds left on the clock . . . Darigan. ?  

? on you Darigan Yooyu, outta time!

Shaye appears to have been reprimanded after his totally red light behaviour with both Shenkuu's captain and goalie last time around. Not only did he not once get into grapples with either of them, he appears to have been muzzled.

I'm fully aware that it's just how the highlight on his nose (that I've not noticed before) looks, but it's amusing me to no end. ?

I've been going really strong all cup long, but finally, after 21 days of playing, I am officially tired of yyb. I just reached rank 29. One more to go. 

Anyone else pushing through to reach some last-minute goals? 

I've reached my goal of rank 10 yesterday. My previous best was rank 1 so this is a HUGE improvement for me. Maybe next year I'll take some time of from work and try All Star lol. Still playing a little when I have time but if I don't get the next rank, it's fine.

23 minutes ago, Duma said:

I've reached my goal of rank 10 yesterday. My previous best was rank 1 so this is a HUGE improvement for me. Maybe next year I'll take some time of from work and try All Star lol. Still playing a little when I have time but if I don't get the next rank, it's fine.

That's awesome, congrats! It's so satisfying to beat your rank from the previous year. Although I really wish I could share your 'come what may' attitude for these last few days. 

My plan was to get around the same Rank as last year, which was 13, and I'm about to hit 16, so I'm pleasantly surprised I managed that. (I read on the neoboards that slightly less games were required to rank up this year, but I don't think it's that different from last year. Not like a couple of years ago, when they completely changed how much was needed to rank up. In AC IX I reached Rank 11, but I played way more games than I did this year.)

This is it from me, stopping on nice round numbers. The AC shouldn't punish people for round numbers the way Charity Corner did, right? :ph34r:

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 600
  Goals by Mirsha Grelinek 357
  Goals by Timu 95
  Goals by Antola Maeir 78
  Goals by Larcy Phu 70
  Saves by Xana DiLanche 189
Number of Wins 70
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0
Slushie Slinger
Games Played 0
Top Score 0
Make Some Noise
Games Played 0
Top Score 0
Shootout Showdown
Games Played 5,000
Top Score 1,200

How can you play a 1000 games of MSN? WOW! I could feel my wrist acting up already with the measly 25 games that I played. I have the greatest respect for you! And I hope we get to get 3rd place in our bracket thanks to all your hard work!

I too evened out my games but it's not as impressive as your games played list. Not by a long shot.

image.png

Hrrrm, can't check my exact numbers any more.   Ah well, I'm sure they'll pop back up.   Hit rank 8, and then just stopped.   Was fairly burned out on the games, took some self-bribery to get those last couple games.   Starting out I enjoyed the games, but they became a chore.   Eh, still enjoyed my first Cup over all.

I think I hit 150 games of Yooyuball, 100 of MSN and Shootout Showdown.  and like 13 of Slushie Slinger... just could not get into that game at all.

Congratulations to everyone for reaching their goals! :dance:I was happy that I just squeaked in to Rank 20 All Star! :rolleyes: :whistle:I had YYB 502  SLSL 248  MSN 539   SOSD  850

My OCD hates the #s not being rounded out but :eh:eh, what can I do about it now?  Now I need to catch up on some serious sleep yooyu_yawn.gif :sleeping: :sleeping_anim:. Thanks for having such a nice board, it was quite pathetic talking to myself on the KI Board I tried to make. slorg_pirate_jump.gif Good Luck with your team standings/Cup placements and May the AC Prize Shop be ever in our favor! ettaphant_pirate.gif 

48 minutes ago, Nielo said:

@Rayd1978 If you want to see your scores, you can go to this page:

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/2018/trophy.phtml?username=marjolein71

And put your own neopets username instead of mine at the end of the url. ?

Nice, i wondered how kayahtik had done that, lol.

Wow! Looks like a lot of you did FANTASTIC! I copied my stats just before midnight when the AC ended. So here are my results.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maraqua
Rank
Level 12
Yooyuball
Goals Scored 4,570
  Goals by Elon "The Black Hole" Hughlis 3,936
  Goals by Oten Runeu 206
  Goals by Lamelle Turow 214
  Goals by Barit Jowes 214
  Saves by Tonie Plessix 307
Number of Wins 360
Number of Draws    0
Number of Losses 0

Slushie Slinger
Games Played    0
Top Score    0

Make Some Noise
Games Played    0
Top Score    0

Shootout Showdown
Games Played    0
Top Score    0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

360 total wins
10 games under 10 points
350 games 10 points or higher

10 Goals, 18 Games
11 Goals, 42 Games
12 Goals, 79 Games
13 Goals, 105Games
14 Goals, 57 Games
15 Goals, 36 Games
16 Goals, 08 Games
17 Goals, 05 Games

Goals Per Game Average 12.69444444444444

So I didn't have much time to play as many games as I wish I could've. But at least I broke triple digits for 13 goals in a game. lol  I WISH we could earn prize shop points for goal-scoring skills. *sigh* I might even be able to get the AC XIII stamp if that were the case. Oh well, maybe the stamp this year will be cheaper than last year's? I can hope! In previous years, when I had more time and the cap wasn't as restrictive, I had more games counting triple digits for various 10+ scores. I still have those screenshots for those previous years. lol I wasn't able to get to 18 this year, but maybe next year.. That's my theory anyway, that 18 might be possible. ? My GPG went up pretty nicely from last year. I don't recall what it was off-hand, but I know it wasn't this good. LOL

21 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I WISH we could earn prize shop points for goal-scoring skills. *sigh*

I can see where you're coming from with that, it seems almost unfair that playing well doesn't count anywhere near as much as playing more for your personal rank.