So, ok... People aren't LIKELY to want to sit by a WARM fireside as it's Summer, but it's still a cozy scene to imagine. I suppose some might like to think warm-thoughts where the cold winds elsewhere are blowing. ?

So, yeah, this thread is for posting stuff about the AC, for all players for all teams. There was a thread like this last year that I think did pretty well. So pour a cup of coffee, hot chocolate, soda or lemonade, and feel free to talk about or share everything AC-related. ?
Regardless of how you play the AC, whether you're a rookie or a long-time player, feel free to post stats or talk strategy too.
I'm not BIG on the support games. Though Slushie Slinger is cool for being the first game I've seen a Peophin IN, when it was released years ago. Not as a playable character, but still! ?
So, I pretty much just play Yooyuball. Behind the spoiler, are my stats after 10 games so far. I like to score high, and it took me a lot of years to get good enough to do that. I prefer using the keyboard controls. I can't seem to even play when using the mouse.  lol But everyone is different, and for some I know the mouse works better for them.

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 128
  Goals by Elon "The Black Hole" Hughlis 112
  Goals by Oten Runeu 5
  Goals by Lamelle Turow 5
  Goals by Barit Jowes 6
  Saves by Tonie Plessix 5
Number of Wins 10
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0

I've had a few good volleys between the Brightvale A.I. and my team. Though I don't really like to have too many of them, it wastes time that could be better used trying to get a higher score. ? But every now and then, when the controls aren't lagging, it's kind of fun trying to dogfight over the yooyu. LOL When the controls lag, then it's annoying as heck! ?

So I will sometimes use the Low Quality game-links which are posted here.

I believe the caps are different this year, as to how many scores we can send per game per day.

Good luck all AC XIII participants! ^_^

Where did you hear the caps were different? I heard they were the same! I hope they are as I only played up to the caps yesterday. What are the new caps?

(And it's winter in half the world so a fireside still sounds cosy!)

It's definitely still 401 for sosd, I can confirm that at least. ?

Hey this doesn't need to be us sat around a cold dead fireplace indoors. This could be a fire pit in a lovely garden

Oh hey, like . . . this!

preview.png

So where's my marshmallows? :D

And there appears to be a spy in the tree . . . :ph34r:

7 hours ago, phill said:

Where did you hear the caps were different? I heard they were the same! I hope they are as I only played up to the caps yesterday. What are the new caps?

(And it's winter in half the world so a fireside still sounds cosy!)

I don't personally know the present Caps on the games, so I couldn't post if they changed or not. ?
But if they are the same as last year, that would be cool. ?

So the cap for SOSD is the same as last year at 401? Cool. Thanks JellySundae! lol Nice draik customization too! Given the number of members of TDNF, I thought something, not as large as a ski lodge, but Kind of in that vein. (Though I've never actually been to a ski lodge IRL. LOL)

I think I'm going to manage to get through Rank 8 today, which I wasn't expecting as it needs about 100 more sosd games than rank 7 did, so feeling pretty pleased with myself right now. :D

Also, @Aquamentis12 my Draik thanks you very much! :D

I'm just over 2/3 through. Kind of potentially hoping I might max out on sosd actually. Which should get me about a third of the way through Rank 9.

couldn't play at all today

had a busy day as usual with Mondays 

it's now 1:20 AM .. i will play just 10 games of YYB and call it a night 

plus it's vs MARAQUA and they have the 1+3 formation i detest , all their players are huddled near their goal and they keep snatching the Yooyu from me right before i shoot , and that Skeith Bully ! :who-let-rip:

won't rank up today

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

plus it's vs MARAQUA and they have the 1+3 formation i detest , all their players are huddled near their goal and they keep snatching the Yooyu from me right before i shoot , and that Skeith Bully ! :who-let-rip:

won't rank up today

LOL Forgive me for laughing Angelo, but I loved reading your thoughts on the 1+3 formation. Because I have issues when playing against that formation as well. Although it's the default formation I use when I play (as I'm on Team Maraqua). But with more players in the backfield that you CAN'T see when you begin the round. There seems to be a higher chance that the yooyu, shot from mid-field, could be intercepted by the opposing team.

Our Skeith gives you the most trouble? lol He must be placed well then! ? I suppose that's why Elon isn the only forward, he couldn't be a good forward, with out the 3 defenders guarding the backfield.

Personally, I find Shenkuu's forward to be annoying as well. Very good at stealing the yooyu and being a general pain in the backside. ?

Anyway, I'm sorry you won't rank up today, nor have time to play more YYB. ? This IS a FRIENDLY competition, even if our teams are playing against each other today. ? I haven't had a chance to play yet either, and it's fairly late in the evening. So I doubt I'll get to rank up either.

8 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Personally, I find Shenkuu's forward to be annoying as well.

Shows she's doing a good job. :P

It's good to know that when they're not being controlled by an inept human they can play well enough to be annoying. ?

I'm just imagining the AC if there was a player vs. player option . . . that could be pretty epic. Maybe, for the people who think the AC needs shaking up, that could be something for them to daydream about. Maybe the All-Star players could get to slug it out in person for some ultimate prize/trophy. I say All-Star because HECK NO to it being everyone has to compete in this way, only for those who have the skills, and want to.

Actually, I find the idea of live teams made up of All-Stars to be extremely appealing. Rivalry would be fever pitch, can you imagine what it would be like on the boards?! I can't even . . . ?

In reality all this wouldn't work at all because of pesky time zone problems *cue Debbie Downer music* but in an alternate reality where every single person is available at the same time, THIS, IS HAPPENING! :lmaosmiley:

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm just imagining the AC if there was a player vs. player option . . . that could be pretty epic.

That would be AWESOME! I'm sure I would be terrible at it (and thus wouldn't want it to actually count toward rank points or my team's standings), but it would be so much fun to have that as an option just for the enjoyment. 

11 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Shows she's doing a good job. :P

It's good to know that when they're not being controlled by an inept human they can play well enough to be annoying. ?

I'm just imagining the AC if there was a player vs. player option . . . that could be pretty epic. Maybe, for the people who think the AC needs shaking up, that could be something for them to daydream about. Maybe the All-Star players could get to slug it out in person for some ultimate prize/trophy. I say All-Star because HECK NO to it being everyone has to compete in this way, only for those who have the skills, and want to.

Actually, I find the idea of live teams made up of All-Stars to be extremely appealing. Rivalry would be fever pitch, can you imagine what it would be like on the boards?! I can't even . . . ?

In reality all this wouldn't work at all because of pesky time zone problems *cue Debbie Downer music* but in an alternate reality where every single person is available at the same time, THIS, IS HAPPENING! :lmaosmiley:

LOL EXACTLY! Just like Maraqua must be doing a decent job to get Angelo's dander up. lol Pretty close results between Maraqua and Shenkuu. Well-played, Shenkuu, well-played. XD

Yeah, PvP YYB WOULD be interesting! I'd love to try that someday! ^_^ I don't know HOW difficult it would be, even with time-zones. Not if it was set up similarly to how Keyquest games could be played. After all, those allowed us to play a board game with Neopians anywhere and anytime. Sure it wasn't totally, 100% LIVE, due to being turn-based, but something similar to that system MIGHT work! Perhaps the matches could be on an agreed upon time and date by the two contestants?

Anyway, since I almost never reach All-Star, with your requirement/limitation of such a competition limited to All-Stars, I wouldn't likely get to participate. :P Still, I DO LIKE THE IDEA! :D

1 hour ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Anyway, since I almost never reach All-Star, with your requirement/limitation of such a competition limited to All-Stars, I wouldn't likely get to participate. :P Still, I DO LIKE THE IDEA! :D

Well I basically only said that because I'd for sure not want to have to compete that way myself xDD

Unless they paired you with opponents of the same skill level. Would be pretty cruel otherwise, lol. Good job games are timed, or they might go on forever if two equally incompetent teams were required to score before the game could end. ?

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Well I basically only said that because I'd for sure not want to have to compete that way myself xDD

Unless they paired you with opponents of the same skill level. Would be pretty cruel otherwise, lol. Good job games are timed, or they might go on forever if two equally incompetent teams were required to score before the game could end. ?

LOL Yeah, there should be a timer, maybe even the same timer for the current YYB games. Meaning each goal automatically rolls 8 seconds off the game clock. It would be very interesting to play PvP style. The more talking goes on about it, the more I want to try it! LOL

Unless there were tiers, I don't think it'd be possible to pair people with the exact same prowess. Since it seems the AI teams get more aggressive after every 4th goal, perhaps ranking groups in the same way would be a good idea? Not JUST reaching a tier once in the prelims, but more than once, would be a good test for the prelims.

I DO think it WOULD be neat to see people ranked by their top goal count! Against the A.I. teams, I can score 17, that's my best ever. I've done it one or more times for the last couple years. Did it this year only to have the score send go into error mode and that game was NOT counted. But honestly, I'd love to know if anyone has gotten to 18, if that is even possible, and that would be the person/people, I'd want to challenge for PvP. Even if I lose, it would be a pretty awesome match-up!

On 6/12/2018 at 5:12 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

LOL Forgive me for laughing Angelo, but I loved reading your thoughts on the 1+3 formation. Because I have issues when playing against that formation as well. Although it's the default formation I use when I play (as I'm on Team Maraqua). But with more players in the backfield that you CAN'T see when you begin the round. There seems to be a higher chance that the yooyu, shot from mid-field, could be intercepted by the opposing team.

Our Skeith gives you the most trouble? lol He must be placed well then! ? I suppose that's why Elon isn the only forward, he couldn't be a good forward, with out the 3 defenders guarding the backfield.

Personally, I find Shenkuu's forward to be annoying as well. Very good at stealing the yooyu and being a general pain in the backside. ?

Anyway, I'm sorry you won't rank up today, nor have time to play more YYB. ? This IS a FRIENDLY competition, even if our teams are playing against each other today. ? I haven't had a chance to play yet either, and it's fairly late in the evening. So I doubt I'll get to rank up either.

hahah Brian :)

the match was counted in your favor despite us taking YYB .. so congrats :) 

and yes Mirsha can be quite amazing https://images.neopets.com/altador/altadorcup/2012/freebies/msnicons/micon_shenkuu.gif

It would be very interesting to play PvP style. The more talking goes on about it, the more I want to try it! LOL

How does PvP in the BD work? (does it even work? lol) Just wondering if the base coding could be utilised. :ph34r: You fight against similar skilled opponents there, don't you?

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

How does PvP in the BD work? (does it even work? lol) Just wondering if the base coding could be utilised. :ph34r: You fight against similar skilled opponents there, don't you?

any one can challenge you

and you can't pick their skill level

so you might fight someone with a super strong pet and a 100-billion NP set ...

4 minutes ago, Angeló said:

any one can challenge you

and you can't pick their skill level

so you might fight someone with a super strong pet and a 100-billion NP set ...

Ah, that seems a bit crazy! I wonder what percentage of the user base actually do battle this way.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, Angeló said:

won't rank up today

OMG, I hate that big bully skeith too.  lol.  He is the one who keeps grabbing my fire yooyu when I wind up and shoot.  At least with other teams, you can score about 3 goals before they start snatching the yooyu from you, but Maraqua steals it right from the get go.  It is a while before I can even score my first goal against them.  Sheesh.  Believe it or not, I have scored my highest games against them though, 13-0 and 14-0.  Every other team has managed to score against me.  lol.  

LOL @Angeló, YES! She is quite good at annoying me with her smooth yooyu-stealing moves! It was still a good match though! ?

LOL @rntracy1! Glad to know despite you getting a good "workout" from Maraqua that you managed to score your best scores yet! I managed some good scores against your team as well! A couple of 15s and reclaimed my 17-0 score, this time it went through and was counted. Although I must admit, it's the first time I've gotten a 17 with an assist from the opposing team! (darigan yooyu lol) That being said, 13 and 14 are no scores to sneeze at! It's kind of odd this year. First Maraqua played all the teams with 2-2 formation, then 1-3, and now 3-1 formation teams. Weird, imho.  Each formation has it's weaknesses and strengths, and as the AC goes on, some teams, like you mentioned, get a little more aggressive before the first 4 goals are scored. I've noted this over the years, the opposing team USUALLY gets more aggressive at intervals of every 4 scores. I believe every 4 scores the player makes. So you're close to finding out how crafty they are at 16. ? My "goal", pardon the pun, is to see if 18 points in a game are possible on the player's side, or a combination of player and opposing team's scores. I've been VERY close in previous ACs, but usually during the 2nd minute of play, something happens to eat up a precious couple of seconds. The first minute of play, I can USUALLY get 5 or the max of 6 points. SOMETIMES I can get to 12 by the time the 2nd minute is up, but I can't close on 18. 17 has been my best score the last few ACs. So I ALSO try to see if I can keep my goals per game average high, and try to improve that. So far, I'm doing MUCH better than last year. Of the meager 182 games I've had time to play so far, my Goals per game average is 2,305/182= 12.6648 (Rounding up to the 4th decimal place). Last year I was about 11.5 I think for most of the AC. I also just tabulated my progress so far for games so far with 10 goals or higher. Of my 182 games so far, 6 have been 9 or fewer goals, which I don't screenshot.  But here's a breakdown of my 176 game scores of 10+ so far this year.

10 goals 11 games
11 goals 17 games
12 goals 40 games
13 goals 57 games
14 goals 26 games
15 goals 19 games
16 goals 5  games
17 goals 1  game, not counting the score-send that glitched. (The glitched score was against Meridell). I'm still annoyed that that one didn't send. ?

These are NOT all without being scored upon. I've allowed no more than 3 points in a single game, and that one time they got to 3, was a fluke due to lag. lol Sometimes it's 1 or 2, but rarely either. For MANY years I've been wanting to "trade" our goalie for one that can actually STOP the yooyu and that won't fight me for control of the character when I use the V-key on my keyboard. lol

I may not look forward to the AC, but when I start to take part, I do like the challenge. ?

Btw, congrats on your team beating Maraqua yesterday. ? Terror Mountain IS looking like it could win the cup this year! I don't know when you take on Meridell, which appears to be Number 1 right now, but good luck when you face them!

LOL @Angeló, YES! She is quite good at annoying me with her smooth yooyu-stealing moves! It was still a good match though! ?

LOL @rntracy1! Glad to know despite you getting a good "workout" from Maraqua that you managed to score your best scores yet! I managed some good scores against your team as well! A couple of 15s and reclaimed my 17-0 score, this time it went through and was counted. Although I must admit, it's the first time I've gotten a 17 with an assist from the opposing team! (darigan yooyu lol) That being said, 13 and 14 are no scores to sneeze at! It's kind of odd this year. First Maraqua played all the teams with 2-2 formation, then 1-3, and now 3-1 formation teams. Weird, imho.  Each formation has it's weaknesses and strengths, and as the AC goes on, some teams, like you mentioned, get a little more aggressive before the first 4 goals are scored. I've noted this over the years, the opposing team USUALLY gets more aggressive at intervals of every 4 scores. I believe every 4 scores the player makes. So you're close to finding out how crafty they are at 16. ? My "goal", pardon the pun, is to see if 18 points in a game are possible on the player's side, or a combination of player and opposing team's scores. I've been VERY close in previous ACs, but usually during the 2nd minute of play, something happens to eat up a precious couple of seconds. The first minute of play, I can USUALLY get 5 or the max of 6 points. SOMETIMES I can get to 12 by the time the 2nd minute is up, but I can't close on 18. 17 has been my best score the last few ACs. So I ALSO try to see if I can keep my goals per game average high, and try to improve that. So far, I'm doing MUCH better than last year. Of the meager 182 games I've had time to play so far, my Goals per game average is 2,305/182= 12.6648 (Rounding up to the 4th decimal place). Last year I was about 11.5 I think for most of the AC. I also just tabulated my progress so far for games so far with 10 goals or higher. Of my 182 games so far, 6 have been 9 or fewer goals, which I don't screenshot.  But here's a breakdown of my 176 game scores of 10+ so far this year.

10 goals 11 games
11 goals 17 games
12 goals 40 games
13 goals 57 games
14 goals 26 games
15 goals 19 games
16 goals 5  games
17 goals 1  game, not counting the score-send that glitched. (The glitched score was against Meridell). I'm still annoyed that that one didn't send. ?

These are NOT all without being scored upon. I've allowed no more than 3 points in a single game, and that one time they got to 3, was a fluke due to lag. lol Sometimes it's 1 or 2, but rarely either. For MANY years I've been wanting to "trade" our goalie for one that can actually STOP the yooyu and that won't fight me for control of the character when I use the V-key on my keyboard. lol

I may not look forward to the AC, but when I start to take part, I do like the challenge. ?

Btw, congrats on your team beating Maraqua yesterday. ? Terror Mountain IS looking like it could win the cup this year! I don't know when you take on Meridell, which appears to be Number 1 right now, but good luck when you face them!

It's not a compliment, Maraqua was making me very angry:angry::angry::evil2: (Bahaha).  They really were though.  I was getting so frustrated with them. LOL. 17- ANYTHING is a great score!!!! The most I've ever scored in a game is 15, and it wasn't 15-0.  It was 15-2 and I was thrilled with it.  So my team points were only 13, (15 minus 2 = 13) but I'll take it.

Last night I hit rank 19.  That was my goal.  I wanted to hit AS by this weekend and it looks as if I will do it!!! :dance:.  Going for double AS now?  HECK NO!!!!! I will NEVER put that much pressure on myself!  Although I will have to say, it really wasn't that bad hitting AS this year.  I hit 2 ranks per day, except for one day I only managed 1 rank.  But that's why I did it, to take the pressure off toward the end.  Now I can relax and have fun.  Now I am simply going for shop points.  My rank is done.  Woohoo. 

I don't know about Meridell.  They are pretty tough.  I am thinking 2nd place at the most.  But I will take it.  I maxed out SoSD, I max it out every single day and we lost out to Brightvale.  Come on now!  Lol.  I maxed out on Yooyu ball too.  I even played 2 extras just to make sure I was maxed out.  LOL.  I did not max out Slushie slinger and I don't really play keyboard masher.  I leave that up to my teammates.  I figure, they can carry ME on one game.  LOL. 

Like you Brian, I kind of dread the start of AC, it's at a bad time for me, the end of the school year, but I still do pretty well once I get going.  I wish it was more into the summer, when I have a little more time to contribute.  Oh well. 

I am not too fond of our goalie either.  I still haven't managed control of it.  No matter how hard I try, he leaves the area as soon as they come to score.  LOL.  It REALLY seems to me that our goal net is larger than theirs too.  LOL.  And, the net on our side is flush with the lines, whereas on the opponents sides, it bends in, so you are always bouncing off the posts.  Hmmm, that's my twisted observation anyway.  Probably not true however.  LOL.

What happened to Kiko Lake this year??  Must be karma for the year they had the ACG.  They haven't won a match yet.  Wow!  There isn't a board here for them.  Hmmm! 

8 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

It's not a compliment, Maraqua was making me very angry:angry::angry::evil2: (Bahaha).  They really were though.  I was getting so frustrated with them. LOL. 17- ANYTHING is a great score!!!! The most I've ever scored in a game is 15, and it wasn't 15-0.  It was 15-2 and I was thrilled with it.  So my team points were only 13, (15 minus 2 = 13) but I'll take it.

Last night I hit rank 19.  That was my goal.  I wanted to hit AS by this weekend and it looks as if I will do it!!! :dance:.  Going for double AS now?  HECK NO!!!!! I will NEVER put that much pressure on myself!  Although I will have to say, it really wasn't that bad hitting AS this year.  I hit 2 ranks per day, except for one day I only managed 1 rank.  But that's why I did it, to take the pressure off toward the end.  Now I can relax and have fun.  Now I am simply going for shop points.  My rank is done.  Woohoo. 

I don't know about Meridell.  They are pretty tough.  I am thinking 2nd place at the most.  But I will take it.  I maxed out SoSD, I max it out every single day and we lost out to Brightvale.  Come on now!  Lol.  I maxed out on Yooyu ball too.  I even played 2 extras just to make sure I was maxed out.  LOL.  I did not max out Slushie slinger and I don't really play keyboard masher.  I leave that up to my teammates.  I figure, they can carry ME on one game.  LOL. 

Like you Brian, I kind of dread the start of AC, it's at a bad time for me, the end of the school year, but I still do pretty well once I get going.  I wish it was more into the summer, when I have a little more time to contribute.  Oh well. 

I am not too fond of our goalie either.  I still haven't managed control of it.  No matter how hard I try, he leaves the area as soon as they come to score.  LOL.  It REALLY seems to me that our goal net is larger than theirs too.  LOL.  And, the net on our side is flush with the lines, whereas on the opponents sides, it bends in, so you are always bouncing off the posts.  Hmmm, that's my twisted observation anyway.  Probably not true however.  LOL.

What happened to Kiko Lake this year??  Must be karma for the year they had the ACG.  They haven't won a match yet.  Wow!  There isn't a board here for them.  Hmmm! 

LOL Ok, so it wasn't a compliment. That's ok, they were just doing their job. lol ?
Hey! 15-2 is AWESOME. I'll say what I said to a guide-mate. If you can play well enough to get a total score of, in your case 17 total points, then YOU CAN GET 17-0! Just a little luck and practice. It's hard, but it IS doable! Clearly your 15-2 score proves that. If I got a 17-1 score, then I would finally know if 18 points in a game is possible. Moreover, I would know my trying for 18 points isn't an impossibility. So far I've never seen a total score of 18 before. So keep playing and I BET you can at least get to 17-0! Maybe even THIS AC! :D

Rank 19?! CONGRATULATIONS! You're sure to get AS! XD I hope you have fun with earning more shop points! XD Since you're Terror Mountain, it looks like your team might just win the AC. lol

*nods* You have some great dedication there with all your scores. It's incredible, (to me), that people play thousands of games of some of the support games. In the older days, I used to play the support games. I don't know what it is, but in recent years I've focused on YYB because I found myself struggling to play enough to reach the cap on YYB. I figure, if I can't max out YYB, then there seems little point in doing the Support games because I still would have more YYB to play. I don't care for MSN, my fingers and wrists start aching after a few games of that, and the SoSD, I'm fair at, but it does require the most plays to equal one YYB game's worth of points. Slushie Slinger, I'd play more of, except it takes forever to move up to a good and then overwhelming speed. Plus it takes longer to play I think thank YYB. I still respect Slushie Slinger as being the first game I can recall to have peophin in it, even though they're NPC, it was still awesome to see them in a game.

I tend to overthink things, but as long as I struggle in my attempts to max out YYB, then I don't see much point in playing the support games, which tend to feel more frustrating to me than YYB. ?

Yeah, or maybe broken up a bit more. Like, maybe Saturday AND Sunday could be bye-days. Although it would be nice if we could still play for prize shop points on those days! I always used to use the bye-days to play "catch-up" on my YYB ranks. lol

Nah, I think you're right about the goalies. Sometimes they seem a LOT more competent on the computer-controlled side. I mean, hitting the V-key is supposed to switch your control over to the Goalie. But if any of your teammates are close, then they pull the control back to them. Even HOLDING the V-key down almost never works for me. It's VERY frustrating.

As for the goals. I'm pretty sure they are the same. The difference in whether a shot bounces off the wall, or goes in, from standing at the same firing position. IS often the amount of power you use when you shoot. Maxed out power can make the YYB fly a bit "higher" so it might be easier fielded or bounce of the wall. Less power, and the ball will go a bit slower, be easier to be caught by the goalie, but is more likely to go in depending on the distance of the shot. I couldn't give you numbers on that, it's just observations from all the YYB I've played over the years. I also find that like Golf, following through after the Yooyu leaves your character, holding the arrow keys (for keyboarders), seems to help.. I MIGHT be wrong there... But it's a good thing to do ANYWAY, imho, in case the goalie gets the ball or your aim was slightly off and it bounces off a wall. That way you're at least still moving toward it and that can mean the difference between getting there to stop or steal it from the opponent, or them clearing the ball away from you and possibly past your goalie.

Kiko Lake hasn't won a match?! I feel bad for their (honest) players! I never like going against Kiko Lake because Maraqua has a Kiko on the team and SOMETIMES he gets too mixed in with the other kikos. Camouflage! LOL

Yeah, I don't know if it's Kiko Lake's karma, or maybe they've been sidelined for their past "crimes"? Now that you mention it, I'm curious. lol I wonder, could there have been some kind of THING that was going on with Kiko Lake that could have been the cause of that indefinite suspension of Sign-ups this year? That is still a mystery to me. Never saw them announce a halt to sign-ups like that before. Oh well, speculation like that doesn't accomplish anything. lol

15 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Kiko Lake hasn't won a match?! I feel bad for their (honest) players! I never like going against Kiko Lake because Maraqua has a Kiko on the team and SOMETIMES he gets too mixed in with the other kikos. Camouflage! LOL

Yeah, I don't know if it's Kiko Lake's karma, or maybe they've been sidelined for their past "crimes"? Now that you mention it, I'm curious. lol I wonder, could there have been some kind of THING that was going on with Kiko Lake that could have been the cause of that indefinite suspension of Sign-ups this year? That is still a mystery to me. Never saw them announce a halt to sign-ups like that before. Oh well, speculation like that doesn't accomplish anything. lol

I don't think Kiko Lake has any cheaters this year, so I'm guessing they're all honest players this time. Looking at JellyNeo, it seems they only did really well the past few years, when they had an ACG, and didn't really place higher than 6th (but mostly much lower) in previous years. So maybe now that all the cheaters have moved to another team again, there simply aren't many core players left.

Do you mean the fact that you could only sign up until the Cup had just started, instead of being able to sign up during almost the entire Cup? Because that's the same as last year, and maybe even the year before, I think. Or did you mean something else?

13 hours ago, Nielo said:

I don't think Kiko Lake has any cheaters this year, so I'm guessing they're all honest players this time. Looking at JellyNeo, it seems they only did really well the past few years, when they had an ACG, and didn't really place higher than 6th (but mostly much lower) in previous years. So maybe now that all the cheaters have moved to another team again, there simply aren't many core players left.

Do you mean the fact that you could only sign up until the Cup had just started, instead of being able to sign up during almost the entire Cup? Because that's the same as last year, and maybe even the year before, I think. Or did you mean something else?

Well yes, look at the year Haunted Woods had the ACG, I believe it was year IX.  They came in First.  I had no clue about the ACG or the ASG for that matter.  That was the year before I started playing.  So, dummy me sees that HW won the cup, so I join that team my first year, year X, because, well, I am a noob of course.  And HW came in LAST place that year.  Of course, that was the year they messed up the trophies, lol, and my last place trophy says 1st place, lol.:rock:  That is so funny.  I was like, WTH, HW came in 1st place last year, why would they go from 1st to last.  Then someone told me about all the cheating.  I think that was the year kiko lake won.  Then of course I ended up on Kredludor when they had the ACG on their team.  I gotta see about getting on the ASG since I have already gotten AS.  Does anyone know what team they are on?  I haven't paid attention to what teams any of the groups are on.  My guess though, the ACG is on meridell.  JMO.  And I totally agree that kiko lake is legit this year.  Although, if they are, you would think they would win SOMETHING.  lol

@Aquamentis12, "LOL Ok, so it wasn't a compliment. That's ok, they were just doing their job. lol ?
Hey! 15-2 is AWESOME. I'll say what I said to a guide-mate. If you can play well enough to get a total score of, in your case 17 total points, then YOU CAN GET 17-0! Just a little luck and practice. It's hard, but it IS doable! Clearly your 15-2 score proves that. If I got a 17-1 score, then I would finally know if 18 points in a game is possible. Moreover, I would know my trying for 18 points isn't an impossibility. So far I've never seen a total score of 18 before. So keep playing and I BET you can at least get to 17-0! Maybe even THIS AC! :D"

Ha ha ha.  Of course it was a compliment! I was too proud and frustrated to admit that though.  Those Maraquans, man, they are a frustrating team to play.  Makes me more determined!!! lol.  There are other frustrating teams, but not like them.  Wow!  

Also, the teams that were not so frustrating, are more so now.  I honestly think the games get harder the higher your rank gets.  I can't get through ANY games with any teams without them stealing the ball on the FIRST try now.  Meaning, I could at least score one or two goals before they started grabbing the ball (except for Maraqua of course).  Not anymore though.  They all start right away now.  Makes it quite interesting.

Does anyone know, because I've NEVER gone past AS rank.  Does it start counting your ranks over again, or do you have to keep track of it yourself?