Altador Cup: Sign-Ups Postponed Indefinitely

hrtbrk

Many die-hard Altador Cup fans were anticipating to sign up for their beloved team this weekend after the Cups annual press tour had commenced; however, the News has revealed that the sign-ups for the games have been postponed indefinitely until further notice.

More news about the tournament is expect to be released next week!

signup_station.gif

I am probably one of the only Neopians thrilled about the delay. ?

I just play it for the fun and to get the prizes. Not too bothered by the delay, but I hope it doesn't take too long... Because The AC is the period of time when I can't play 'actual' games since I'm mostly busy to get me some points for my team. ?

I think they're probably trying to build up some drama.  I'm like, whatever. I'm quite zen about these things, I actually do  like the AC but they open the sign ups when they open them, not a problem for me. I'm guessing the neoboards are having a meltdown about it though haha.

1 hour ago, phill said:

I think they're probably trying to build up some drama.  I'm like, whatever. I'm quite zen about these things, I actually do  like the AC but they open the sign ups when they open them, not a problem for me. I'm guessing the neoboards are having a meltdown about it though haha.

I totally agree that they're creating drama. I felt they were maybe trying to give a typically JS level of tardiness some kind of spin to placate people but I don't really care, lol. As you say it'll come along when it does, in the meantime business as usual. Including neoboard meltdowns. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Kute said:

I think this is kind of nice. With the plot and daily dare we need some downtime from major events haha. 

This so much! Though the plot was drug out for so long and hasn't really been keeping us too occupied. Daily Dare was a challenge and some downtime after that is nice.

Now that I've actually played to All-Star and feel compelled not to miss it again, I'd be glad if AC were just henceforth cancelled.

I know that's unlikely and would be an actual major bummer site-wide, but personally not a fan of the tourney.

11 hours ago, phill said:

Actually, there's not much of a meltdown on the neoboards this time. A few threads about it, but the vibe is mostly similar to this thread. (Maybe everybody is too tired from all the Wraith plot drama to care too much about when the AC starts.)

Interesting!

What would also be interesting would be to know just how many Neopians have a total love/hate relationship with the AC. I know I definitely do! :laugh:

I was going to say the exact same thing as Kute did.  We had the Faerie festival, the wraith resurgence, the negg festival, the faerie quest event, then the daily dare♻️. One just went into another into another and on.  Most were going on at the same time.  THEY probably need a break too.  lol.  I know I do.  I am at the end of the school year (for those who don't know, I am a school nurse) and I have a lot of things to finish up before the kids leave for the summer.  Not to mention the kiddos who are transferring to middle school.  I have to make sure that one, I even have their records first of all, lol.  Yes, sometimes when they transfer from another school in the district, their records don't get there with them.  If I do have them (which I usually do) I have to make sure everything is there, current, and ready to go.  Then send them off to their new schools.  Shouldn't I have done that long before now you ask?  Uh yeah, if I had the time and didn't have 450 students to take care of.  But that's beside the point.  Having the AC at this time of year has been difficult.  If they do it during the summer, that would be awesome!

On 5/26/2018 at 5:16 PM, jellysundae said:

I'm not at all bothered either. Just can't explain my feelings about the AC. Kind of like picking a scab, I suppose? :laugh:

Kind of gross @jellysundae mutantflotsam_lick.gif While AC will require sleepless nights and too much hand-eye coordination, that seems a bit extreme for declaring your disgust!:lmaosmiley:

AC maybe annoying, but I :heart: yooyu_jump.gif It's MY FAVORITE!

Man..... I LOATHE and DREAD the AC's approach, but that doesn't mean I don't play and try hard when I do play it. I kind of just want to get it OVER already. Though the family reunion this year was pushed back OUT of June, so I was looking forward to not having to potentially miss a few days of playing. I wonder if they tried to fix some of the stuff that people exploit to get mega-points, and then they found a serious flaw in it? Frankly, I don't see nor know how people COULD exploit something in the game. Since you kind of gotta be on-top of things in YYB. Anyway, it's kind of annoying that sign-ups have been suspended. Like I said, I'd like to just get it over with. ?

Mohamed Salah is AMAZING!!! slorg_with_ball.gif    

4 hours ago, Hanso said:

I secretly wish they'd get rid of this event altogether, but (for whatever reason) tons of people love the AC and thus it increases the website's traffic, so it's a necessary evil :axehead:

@Hanso A necessary EVIL:crying_anim:      kiko_snot_drip.gif Wow, ummm, ok I guess you have a point about the increased website traffic but what about the prizes?:happydance:birthday_present_shake.gif  treasurechest_sparkling.gif

5 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Man..... I LOATHE and DREAD the AC's approach, but that doesn't mean I don't play and try hard when I do play it. I kind of just want to get it OVER already.

@Aquamentis12 You guys really hate AC this much?  gnorbu_babycry.gif  Oh well, of course there are different strokes for different folks krawk_sad.gif I just didn't know that AC caused anyone this amount of pain. We can still be friends even if you hate ACkacheek_hug_plushie.gif  and remember all the fun we have poking at the AC prizes...tuskaninny_laugh_red.gif I guess I'm hoping that you all won't think only bad comes from AC. lupe_wink.gif 

@midnight_spell360 I don't think people hate the game, per se . . . it's . . . gah! Like I said before my own feels about it are complicated. You enjoy it, but it annoys the heck out of you at the same time, and often really frustrates you too. You swear you're not gonna bother next year, but then next year rolls around and you're signing up again . . . ?

I guess the AC kind of encapsulates human traits pretty neatly, lol. Including the dirty tricks element at one end, to the banding together and helping others at the other.

9 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Mohamed Salah is AMAZING!!! slorg_with_ball.gif    

@Hanso A necessary EVIL:crying_anim:      kiko_snot_drip.gif Wow, ummm, ok I guess you have a point about the increased website traffic but what about the prizes?:happydance:birthday_present_shake.gif  treasurechest_sparkling.gif

@Aquamentis12 You guys really hate AC this much?  gnorbu_babycry.gif  Oh well, of course there are different strokes for different folks krawk_sad.gif I just didn't know that AC caused anyone this amount of pain. We can still be friends even if you hate ACkacheek_hug_plushie.gif  and remember all the fun we have poking at the AC prizes...tuskaninny_laugh_red.gif I guess I'm hoping that you all won't think only bad comes from AC. lupe_wink.gif 

LOL Love the use of gifs for your reactions! Very creative response to some of the posts! :D
It's just, I tend to stress over it, and then under-perform as far as the rankings go. So I put in a LOT of work and game-time, but don't reap much reward. Last year, I only got about 4600 prize points. Compared to nearly 30,000 for the Staff Tourney. I don't mind playing YYB, but it gets tedious. Even with the little side-things I do while playing. Like, trying to score as many goals as humanly possible, just to see IF it's possible. As I've said in the past, my best score is 17 points. I used to think it was impossible, but I've hit that score several times over the years. I WAS, kind of looking forward to trying to reach that again, and see if 18 is humanly possible. Under the RIGHT conditions, I think it MIGHT be. Also, helping the Maraqua forward improve his goals per game standings, is something else that I occupy my thoughts with to help make the tedium lessen.

I hope that JS/TNT will Someday award some kind of recognition to game scores. Not to take away from lower scores, but maybe a couple extra prize points per goal or something? Because if I played 1000 games of YYB. I'd estimate that probably 800-900 of those games would have a score of 10 or more. Depending on the frequency of Darigan and Faerie Yooyus of course. lol Why am I not including the Mutant yooyu in that list? Some dislike the Mutant Yooyu, I actually like him, he usually behaves for me when he's in-play. lol Sometimes it's even helpful. Rarely does it act like a Darigan does. >_< At least that's been my experience. lol Last annoyance with the AC, it lasts a whole month and the pressure is a daily basis thing to keep playing for your team to advance. lol ? I'll still participate though, if there IS any AC this year. It WOULD be a shame if they cancelled it entirely. ?

A lot of the press tour blurbs were very negative about the players as well. Many of them said that the captain or player wouldn't play or be available on next years roster. One even alluded to a doping scandal. I don't remember the previous years blurbs so maybe this isn't all that scandalous. It still seems very... odd.