Your/My Closet

I was customizing my pets and I keep thinking I know I have more items than I am seeing in my closet. So, from the inventory I go to the closet and low and behold here are all the items I thought I should have. 1409 items. So, I went to the preference page and I do have that box checked that allows me to have more than 650 items in my closet. There are everything from backgrounds to watches to dresses to paint brush items. I want the option to use all of the items in my closet. What my question is, how do I get those items to show up when I am customizing a pet so I can use them?

8 minutes ago, phill said:

Have you tried selecting individual categories instead of trying to view everything at once?

Yes, actually I have tried to do it by categories because I can then see each item from that area. I have also tried doing it by neocash items and neopoint items. I have tried doing all items at once as well.

1 hour ago, jujube159 said:

Could it be because certain items don't fit all pets?

Well, I don't know. I had thought maybe that was the reason. I even set the settings to *all*  in customization. I do know though that there are even backgrounds that show up when I go to my closet through my inventory and they do not show up when I go to customize my pet(s). Below are my settings. I have also tried configuring several different ways.

Item View: closet

Source: all

Species: all

Zones: all

The Availability: is greyed out and can not be changed.

Granny, it could very well be that all the items don't fit certain pets.  For instance, I have painted, morphed and zapped my pets over the years and have acquired a whole host of different items for them.  So, when I am customizing my Lenny, her desert items will show up but my pirate draik items will not nor will my desert acara items.  When I go to customize my pink draik, then my pirate draik items show up but my desert Lenny/acara items don't.  Don't even ask me why I put the coconut jubjub watch into my closet, LMBO, as I don't even have a jubjub.  Never did.  (Actually, I think I FINALLY got rid of that, but it was in there for a while).  So yes, you probably have a lot of clothing, but only some will show up as you are customizing CERTAIN pets.  When you switch over, other clothes should show up.  Hope that clears things up a little.  But come to think of it, I do have a LOT of items in my closet as well, and it doesn't seem like they are AVAILABLE to me during customizing, but who knows.  LOL 

On 5/25/2018 at 3:05 PM, rntracy1 said:

Granny, it could very well be that all the items don't fit certain pets.  For instance, I have painted, morphed and zapped my pets over the years and have acquired a whole host of different items for them.  So, when I am customizing my Lenny, her desert items will show up but my pirate draik items will not nor will my desert acara items.  When I go to customize my pink draik, then my pirate draik items show up but my desert Lenny/acara items don't.  Don't even ask me why I put the coconut jubjub watch into my closet, LMBO, as I don't even have a jubjub.  Never did.  (Actually, I think I FINALLY got rid of that, but it was in there for a while).  So yes, you probably have a lot of clothing, but only some will show up as you are customizing CERTAIN pets.  When you switch over, other clothes should show up.  Hope that clears things up a little.  But come to think of it, I do have a LOT of items in my closet as well, and it doesn't seem like they are AVAILABLE to me during customizing, but who knows.  LOL 

Yes, actually that does make some sense. I have that watch you mentioned. It's a watch! You would think I could but it on whatever pet I want. I don't have a JubJub either and I don't know/remember where it came from. I think I may try changing the species of the pet different from the one I am customizing and see what happens. OK I switched from my Krawk to an Uni and low and behold there are items that were not in the closet prior to the change. Not wanting to mess up (accidentally) any pet I tried on the Jetsam some clothing from others.

I found that the Backgrounds, Background Items, Foreground, Higher Foreground Item, Lower Foreground Item, Music, Sound Effects, Thought Bubble. None of the other options are available except to the Jetsam that I am displaying for customization. I didn't mean to make a big deal of this and I was aware that not everything was interchangeable. I do however find it strange that so much is not interchangeable.  I have to admit that until this point that at no time in my past have I ever given thought to something not working on every pet. I do have to pay attention now because I am thinking about all the NeoCash and NeoPoints I have spent in the last 6 1/2 years. Thanks for bringing some of this stuff to my attention.

Edit:

I'm still having problems. I started out with more than 1900 items in my closet. I have removed all but 830 items from my closet. I tried to take a screenshot but the image was too big. So, what I see is everything greyed out and the loading cloud. I have deleted every paint brush clothes in the closet, there was about 150 items, except for my 2 pets I have I did keep their clothes. I have moved 100's of items to my SDB. I have been selling clothing items in my shop. I just don't know what else to do! I'm willing to try your suggestions if you have any. I said in and earlier message that it was the 1st time I had seen the closet update and at that time I had a little over 1100 items. I can see it but like I said it is greyed out and I know the past was my fault for having too many items but now that I see it I want to customize my pets.