Day 19 - Caves and Corridors [DOUBLE DARE]

hrtbrk

Oh my goodness! My High score is only 206 for this one. This one is going to take a lot of work and patience to beat AAA. Why couldn't we have had this one yesterday or the day before??

Yep, I can't even manage Abigail's score on this game, so not even gonna try. xD A combination of slow reaction times and overall confusion makes this a bad game for me.

"fun" fact: a lot of people with MS have trouble with right and left, our brains have to sit and think about which one it is, so games that require immediate arrow key movements to stay alive aren't a good idea, lol.

I MADE IT! So happy right now.

First of all: NEVER click NEW GAME. it will lock all your previously unlocked levels. You can always go back to a level and try a new/better score.

Second: three codes, 2 very useful ones: gimmeabreak gives an extra life, but it's bugged so sometimes you get a lot of extra lives (I've had 7 extra ones at one point, giving me a total of 9 lives). and nomorerocks gets rid of the rocks for one level. The third code is free to pause the game.

Third, to unlock a new level sometimes you better skip a few coins (not gems) to save time, that might just give you enough to get silver and unlock it.

Other than that, I never managed to jump from a rope, usually I would just fall off to a side but in (I think) level 8 you need to go from a vine to a ladder and it looks like you need to jump, but in fact you don't. just keep going to the left and you'll make it. Watch the timing of the rocks though.

What I did was first play several games to unlock up to level 10. After I had all those levels unlocked I played to get points and skipped the levels I hated, basically I played the easiest levels with lots of coins and gems that were easy to grab. I managed to score 1042 this way, my previous high score was 212 and I was uhm, hitting my keyboard a lot/yelling at my screen a lot the first time I had to unlock the levels.

Thanks for the tip to occasionally skip a few coins, @Duma! That definitely helped unlock some levels.

What also helped me a little was this post (thanks Neopest user Drazu) on the neoboards, describing which levels to do first:

(Note: Don't complete level 13 otherwise you have to unlock everything again)

Now: You're gonna go for AAA's score by starting a new game and doing the easy levels first. I tested the levels and came up with an order of what I believe are the easiest to the hardest. I did this order and kept track of what my total score was at the end of each level. It should look like this:

Level: Score

12: 182
7: 406
1: 522
5: 656
10: 833
3: 1027
4: 1139
2: 1246
9: 1376
6: 1515
11: 1663
8: 1771
13: 2027

I didn't come anywhere near the scores above while playing the levels in that order, but by adding 2 & 4, I finally managed to get a score of 1048. But man, this game is annoying. Even that map! I hate how it will always automatically move onto the next level, even if you haven't unlocked that yet (and even if you have, if you're clicking 'play' on auto-pilot, like I am, you'll often find yourself surprised by the level that shows up), and clicking the arrow to move to another level, instead of clicking the dot that represents the level isn't intuitive at all.

Anyway. I once died with a score of 991. That was fun.

(Rant over. :P)

Honestly, I feel like the majority of the difficulty of this game comes from the bad quality haha. It's so simple, but when the controls don't react the way they should, you spend a lot of time falling off stuff or juuuust missing things when you're jumping. Definitely weird to go from modern 2018 games with their super sensitive controls to these old flash games. 

6 hours ago, Angeló said:

i went for Abi 

bcz i got bored from dying so much

Haha, I went for her simply because I'm incapable of doing any better  :axehead:

6 hours ago, Duma said:

The third code is free to pause the game.

Just a wee correction, the code to stop the timer is freetime :thumbsup:

Can anyone explain exactly how the trophy levels are determined? I've been having the hardest time unlocking levels three and now four because it's only giving me bronze on the previous level. I've collected all the treasure and done it all as fast as I possibly can, but it doesn't seem to be enough? 

2 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Can anyone explain exactly how the trophy levels are determined? I've been having the hardest time unlocking levels three and now four because it's only giving me bronze on the previous level. I've collected all the treasure and done it all as fast as I possibly can, but it doesn't seem to be enough? 

I had that same problem. That's when I started leaving some coins and just went for the end fruit. It gave me enough to unlock but i have no clue how it works.

And the code might be freetime thanks @lojoco49 I never used that one, I might have mis-remembered after reading the codes in the guide

40 minutes ago, Duma said:

I had that same problem. That's when I started leaving some coins and just went for the end fruit. It gave me enough to unlock but i have no clue how it works.

I tried that too and it still didn't work, but I did manage to unlock the levels eventually! From the same board that @Nielo quoted from, I learned that you can re-use the cheat codes after every time you 'continue game.' So I would use the nomorerocks and freetime ones to complete a level, go hurl myself (I mean...my character :P ) off a cliff to use up my lives, continue game, and use the cheat codes again on the next level to help unlock it. It was kind of tedious, but it worked. Good riddance. 

That's basically what I did too, except I didn't die on purpose. I would see how far I get without codes. Whenever it was game over I would just click continue and then try that last level with the code and continue from there. After level 10 unlocked I felt I could get enough points and replayed the previously unlocked ones for points until I had enough. Took a few (cough, dozen, cough) tries though and I did use the codes when I was in a pinch, except for the freetime one.

This game is messed up, and not just the lives glitch. I find it so frustrating, thinking I've jumped the water only to find that what is supposed to be solid ground isn't, and I lose a life. JS need to either update the game or send it to the graveyard and replace it.