So, the AC staff tourament this year.

Think it will happen?

I mean, who's going to be in it?

Scrappy seems to have disappeared (v. mixed feelings about that!), much talk on the boards about her continued absence (and the even further devolution of the NT editorial in Jade's hands but yeah . . . ).

But you've got to wonder how many staff there actually are now, and how many of the characters in the staff tourney actually still exist.

I mean the fact that Droplet was an option in AC X, and remained an option even after she was made redundant just before the AC started (I picked her btw, she did pretty good for someone who wasn't there!) has me giving the other players serious side-eye.

What's your take on the situation?

Oh AND, I've just spotted it mentioned on the boards that Scrappy is David Lord's daughter . . .

You mean record producer David Lord?  Peter Gabriel's David Lord? The broth.........uh, um, David Lord?  That one?  He is Scrappy's Daddy?  Wow!  I wonder who else's daddy.  lol

11 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

You mean record producer David Lord?  Peter Gabriel's David Lord? The broth.........uh, um, David Lord?  That one?  He is Scrappy's Daddy?  Wow!  I wonder who else's daddy.  lol

xDD I mean David Lord CEO of Jumpstart is Scrappy's dad. :laugh:

I agree Jelly. My neo username is based off Adam and this obsession with asparagus that used to be present on the site. Those were fun times!!!!! It just seems like the people behind neo are not really making themselves too present. Also.. does anyone care?? It would be cool if more TNT personas popped up, I would enjoy that ? ? ?

We had a lineup last year, and Country Queen was still on it. Scrappy did post on the "Ghoul Catchers" Neoboard, recently, so I think she is still around. Starting to seem like the NT Editor is a "stepping stone" position, where you take the position and after a year or so, you get to move somewhere else (hopefully up) in Neopets. I think it will still happen.

2 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

We had a lineup last year, and Country Queen was still on it. Scrappy did post on the "Ghoul Catchers" Neoboard, recently, so I think she is still around. Starting to seem like the NT Editor is a "stepping stone" position, where you take the position and after a year or so, you get to move somewhere else (hopefully up) in Neopets. I think it will still happen.

Which seems so backwards, if that's the case, because I can only take so many useless fluff questions like "will my neopet die" for so long.

If they aren't knowledgeable about neopets lore, never mind neopets site rules then I don't think the NT is a great starting place for anyone ?

Someone on the boards yesterday made a comment saying all the JS staff are focusing on other sites, and Jade is the janitor's daughter and she's the only one left running Neo.

Thing is, even though that was a joke, I can almost believe it sometimes.  ?

I actually feel sorry for Jade, she's in a hopeless position, she's an apprentice who was taken on to make Scrappy's coffee, basically. She probably didn't know Neopets existed before she started working for JS, and now she's being expected to answer questions about stuff she knows NOTHING about, and in all likelihood neither does anyone else in the building! The fact that she doesn't have an ounce of professionalism rankles though, this is a newspaper editorial she's posting responses on, not a schoolgirl's Twitter. ?

14 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Which seems so backwards, if that's the case, because I can only take so many useless fluff questions like "will my neopet die" for so long.

If they aren't knowledgeable about neopets lore, never mind neopets site rules then I don't think the NT is a great starting place for anyone ?

omg. when I saw that in this weeks editorial I couldn't believe it. Come on - really though- are we doing this TNT? ???????????????

I went and read the editorial today . . .

WHY???

I knew it was bad because of what others have said, but I still went and read it, will I never learn? :rolleyes::laugh:

Jade made it plain that she has no Neo experience though, didn't she, saying this is her first AC.

• 2 weeks later...

The Altador Cup Committee has postponed the sign-ups indefinitely for undisclosed reasons. All attempts to contact the committee members have been fruitless so far. Check back for updates as we try to gather any information we can about the upcoming tournament.

What is going on @__@?!?!!

47 minutes ago, moonlightmaid said:

The Altador Cup Committee has postponed the sign-ups indefinitely for undisclosed reasons. All attempts to contact the committee members have been fruitless so far. Check back for updates as we try to gather any information we can about the upcoming tournament.

What is going on @__@?!?!!

Where do you see this? Link please ?

18 minutes ago, Kute said:

Where do you see this? Link please ?

It's on the news page, right below the notice they'll be out of office on Monday. ?

(I'm assuming the delayed sign-ups are related to them being out of office.)

I'm losing my mind over this. I don't understand why they're delaying signups, and if they're not open yet, then when will they be? Monday is a holiday in the US, so now it'll be Tuesday at the earliest, which is the 29th. Are they delaying the whole cup? Is this because they couldn't get it up in time or because they're changing something? I'm so stressed ;.;