Day 16 - Goparokko [Team Challenge]

hrtbrk

Yay, I did it! I played on easy and it was kind of a long game (20 minutes!), but I finished with 6416. Good thing too, because a friend of mine had already sent me a challenge request and completed her score, so I didn't want to let her down! I didn't quite improve my hs, but with the pattern that @jellysundae pointed out, I think I may eventually get the avatar score! 

22 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I'm assuming @yasha and @jellysundae have found a partner by now (if not, let me know!), so I'm looking for someone to challenge AAA with as well.

*waves frantically* I haven't. I tried to send to you but it won't let me. D:<

53 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

*waves frantically* I haven't. I tried to send to you but it won't let me. D:<

Huh, that's weird. I'll check to see if I can send you an invite.

*Edit: I sent you an invite; now let's hope you'll actually receive it.

*Edit 2: I'm guessing it must've worked. Thanks! :D

55 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Huh, that's weird. I'll check to see if I can send you an invite.

*Edit: I sent you an invite; now let's hope you'll actually receive it.

*Edit 2: I'm guessing it must've worked. Thanks! :D

:D

It wouldn't let me invite anyone who wasn't my neofriend, and you're not accepting friend requests, lol.

26 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

:D

It wouldn't let me invite anyone who wasn't my neofriend, and you're not accepting friend requests, lol.

That's... still weird, since I could invite you just fine. XD (And I hadn't realised I wasn't accepting friend requests, I must've chosen not to aaaaaages ago.)

4 minutes ago, Nielo said:

That's... still weird, since I could invite you just fine. XD (And I hadn't realised I wasn't accepting friend requests, I must've chosen not to aaaaaages ago.)

It was weird, yep! I pasted your name into the space, but the invite button stayed greyed out. It only came up orange when I clicked on anyone in the friend list drop down.

12 hours ago, greenegurl said:

Anyone need a teammate for the challenge?

Also, I've submitted the score for AAA. If you dont make it dont worry. I dont really care ? 

53 minutes ago, Amfulks said:

Guys, can i do the team challenge with my sideaccount? or i will be frozen? Thanks.

No, you cannot. Playing a game and submitting a score will get you Neopoints (NP). Earning NP on a side account could get your account frozen, as that is against the rules. From the "Neopets Site Rules":

8. Want to have more than one account?

Sure! We just ask these two simple things: 1. Please do not earn Neopoints or participate in any activities that might result in earning Neopoints on these additional accounts. 2. Please do not have more than five (5) (cinco) accounts in total.

The Spirit of the Rule: Actively playing on more than one account will give you an unfair advantage over other users; so please don't do it.

ref: http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml

Ugh. 1 min until Midnight NST and I still can't beat AAA. >_< I'll have to try the Team Challenge thing tomorrow, if I can still do it tomorrow. My eyes are crossing from this game. Although I was able to increase my best score by about 1200 points to around 4800, still nowhere near enough for AAA. >_<

Anyone have tips not in TDN's guide? Man, I should not have gone for a gold trophy this year, I won't get it now anyway.... Maybe next year! LOL Later guys and gals!

1 hour ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Ugh. 1 min until Midnight NST and I still can't beat AAA. >_< I'll have to try the Team Challenge thing tomorrow, if I can still do it tomorrow. My eyes are crossing from this game. Although I was able to increase my best score by about 1200 points to around 4800, still nowhere near enough for AAA. >_<

Anyone have tips not in TDN's guide? Man, I should not have gone for a gold trophy this year, I won't get it now anyway.... Maybe next year! LOL Later guys and gals!

Are you playing on Medium? When I play this game it's always on Hard, but for this kind of thing Medium is SO much easier!

5 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Man, I should not have gone for a gold trophy this year, I won't get it now anyway....

You'll still get gold as long as you beat AAA by the end of the event! Finishing day-of doesn't matter for your trophy, only who you challenge each day. 

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Are you playing on Medium? When I play this game it's always on Hard, but for this kind of thing Medium is SO much easier!

I did it on easy! It took 20 minutes, but was way...well, easier xD

41 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

You'll still get gold as long as you beat AAA by the end of the event! Finishing day-of doesn't matter for your trophy, only who you challenge each day. 

I did it on easy! It took 20 minutes, but was way...well, easier xD

Well done! 20 minutes is more than I could manage, my one game to get 6018 took somewhere between 10-15 minutes and I was having to coach myself as I neared the target score because I was finding it harder and harder to keep it together. ?

Same, I played on easy too. Not sure what's in the guide but what I did was like this:

In the first few levels where time goes slowly (on easy!) make as much 2x3 blocks as you can. When you get a x2 or x4 (or more than one) and a dynamite from the same color try to group them all in one 2x3 block. before clearing it I would first clear out as much of the other colors so that I have lots and lots of blocks cleared with the dynamite.  If I only had a x2 OR x4 OR dynamite I would save them until I got more powerup blocks of that color. Also I would try to keep as much of that color on the board for when they do appear.

Also, keep your hourglass powerups for when you need them, I usually tried bringing them to the bottom so that they're out of the way. when the timer goes faster I wouldn't bring them across the board, but I would still try to get them at least to a border. I would also try and -almost- make a 2x3 combo block with a timer that needed one more click to clear it. If my time was running low I could quickly click that one spot and get some extra time fast and easy. While turning the blocks, keep looking for other easy moves. In the later levels, when the timer goes down too fast to search and make the 2x3 blocks, don't bother with them and just keep making moves to clear out as much as you can.

What are you guys doing to get 6000 in Goparakko I played on Hard and easy but never managed to jump 5k.I am using google chrome and I admit I go crazy when the game lags for 1to3seconds which makes me go nuts and click at random hoping to get a match.

I aim in getting 2x3 if possible but when restricted with time or other I go for 2x2 and when I see a dynamite and multiplier I add them together for more points but as I already said I didn't go over 5k even after 5hrs playing it.

I watched youtube vids but I didn't see any tricks I could implement to increase my score expect the one of making a bigger box disappear

I read that if you use a mouse instead of a track pad its slightly faster. I also read that playing on hard helps you learn to be speedy, but playing on easy will get you the score if you go as fast as you would with hard. Also if you cant see it just start clicking around and something may get cleared or become visible to you. Most importantly. Dont stare at the timer cover it up if you have to but play like youre about to run out.