Day 11 - Pterattack

hrtbrk

I had the same issue, you just have to be patient and keep at it. If you can't get the purple recommended weapon, go for the red fireballs. That's what I had to do. I wasn't getting any purples so I took advantage of the reds to see what they'd give me and I got over 1200 with level 4 on the power-up. It works similarly to the purple. If you can get the purple pteriboom I recommend that one. Didn't help me much that the Grarrl kept trying to chase me down and eat me every game. I didn't have any decent weapons to take him out with.

i posted the same comment on the other (common DD) thread heheh ..

well i play this game a lot and i always get the red orbs or the pink ones (depends on my personal preference of the day) .. except today i wasn't getting any ..

i finally managed to get the score with the pink ones 

I was getting a ton of orbs. Mostly purple actually and found it quite easy to get the score. But I also played the day before and submitted my score at midnight NST when AAAs score came out. Only 1000? I was expecting more. 

Yeah the last time this was in GMC/DD I know the score was way higher cause I struggled to get the 1900+ score that's my max right now. This one was SUPER easy for me, got it within 5 minutes after the game posted and got the purple Pteriboom to level 3 within the first minute of the game xD

so what you're saying guys supports my theory

playing it the day before was easy

when it was posted it was much harder

ill play it tomorrow and see what will happen - if they'll bring it back to normal 

Hmmm.. Had nothing MAJOR change up with power-ups from what I remember from whenever I last played this game. Just took a few tries before I finally got a 2nd Fireball, managed to get to about 900 points before I finally got hold of the 3rd Fireball, but couldn't make it until I found a 4th Fireball. So my score was about 1,300, just a little below that.  I prefer the Fireballs because once you get the 3rd and 4th, it's pretty easy for protecting yourself, except from behind, until the enemies start flying in at hyperspeed. lol Then it becomes a matter of how long it takes between getting the shots off and if there are any open spaces to dodge. ;) I didn't know there was a max level to this game, if I ever got there, I know I didn't beat it. Probably because I accidentally snagged a different power-up and could no longer take out most enemies at whatever level I was at. ;) lol

I see some prefer the purple power-up, and the purple power ups are fine, but I find the game sometimes lags a bit using them as quickly as possible. The Green one is okish, seems weakest, but great for getting the Grarrl from a safe distance. And the default blue shot, it's good for clearing a path head-on, but won't protect you from getting clipped by the wings of the enemies. I've tried all of them maxed out, but I still prefer the fireballs. LOL