Food club

Duma

On 1/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, Angeló said:

you should start your own Food Club bets page and I will follow you 

every one tanked yesterday except the very risky phoenix and he got 22:10 so you beat them all yesterday

And yep, the last two days are good examples of my inconsistency. Garet's winnings have been 30:10 and 32:10. Mine have been 0:10 (I played the pseudo arena as a positive an it did not work!) and 20:10 (I played a different second arena as it looked like it had a higher chance of coming in with higher numbers... it came it at 8:1 whereas Gareths arena must have come in at 16:10 and Gareth had a 4:1 base bet which I changed for a chase on one of the 13:1 pirates).

I FINALLY FCED AGAIN!!!

*triumphant pose*

*flourish of trumpets*

*confetti everywhere*

Total Winnings 91640 NP

:D

All thanks to a fellow ninja! meowclops.gif heart.gif Thank you Serg! http://www.neopets.com/~_Rayita_49

He's doing the string thing now, after several people asked him to, and just seeing the string when I randomly checked his page out yesterday gave my brain the kick it needed for me to place my bets. :D :D :D

It also really pleases me to use a fellow ninja's bets, that feels so right!

• 2 weeks later...

I remembered to bet for the first time in a while. I didn't pseudo Lagoon like Boochi, but boosted Lagoon and Island... which only left me with two safeties, so let's hope we don't get an upset in Shipwreck or Cove!

image.png.2259e67dce4c3a76652ad1c8a30f3c85.png

10 hours ago, Angeló said:

omg this is officially my biggest win ever

image.png.646a3cba919bb153b958b567748467eb.png

Yep, I followed Garet as well and got close to 1.4 million!! Makes up for my appalling spending habits of the last few days...!

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Angeló said:

@Secre im thinking about following you but betting only 20K :P

yesterday sucked didn't it ?

That is far wiser than my all in approach I must admit!! Just be warned that I am expecting a bust! If it comes out, it'll come out good. But there's probably an 80-85% bust rate - I don't know how Garet gets his figures in honesty, that's a stab in the dark but feels about right!!

16 hours ago, Angeló said:

@Secre I ended up betting my daily 50K from Ghoul Catchers

It's gonna be fun even if we tank 🙂 but if we win , we win big 

I have faith in you *high five*

Your faith was misplaced, I'm afraid!! It was a definite bust!!

Today I've gone with Garet, although I've swapped his Cove Stuff-a-Roo safety with Sproggie from Treasure as he has a higher rate of winning. Same odds, but hopefully a more likely upset to my mind!

image.png.82cacaa69f682e14cff2de589ce2e38d.png

I skipped yesterday, had a bust before that and 3 wins before that so not complaining. Following this set for today, don't see how I can make it any better. My aim is to stay below 30% up to 10:10.

29 minutes ago, Duma said:

I had a 20:10 and a 8:10 so not too terrible. Today I went safe with this set: https://neofood.club/#round=7983&b=abaakaeabpanaepasudqaskds

Nice! I'd have likely gone with Garet who had a 10:10 and a bust, so I'd have been as frustrated as he is clearly getting! I've gone with pure Garet today, although I was tempted to add another safety instead of the base bet, so I hope I don't live to regret that!

I'll usually check sets from multiple people and follow one I like or, if there isn't any I like, I'll make my own set (like today) or just skip a day.

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

my oh my 

finally things turned around

image.png.14d7703b3a9f53a9b14b8efd9437feb6.png

OMG! Never played food club is this amount typical if you win?

4 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

hehe no .. this one is a fluke .. it happens once in a blue moon .. it also depends on how much you bet (it's related to your account age, which is 50 + 2 for every day you have been playing Neopets)

Most days the wins are in the 16:10 or 18:10 range .. but in the end of the month, it's a profit ^_^

Also you will tank / bust on some days , meaning you'll lose all your bets ...

12 hours ago, Angeló said:

my oh my 

finally things turned around

image.png.14d7703b3a9f53a9b14b8efd9437feb6.png

That made me very happy that I remembered to bet yesterday!!!

8 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Not by a long stretch! 16:10 or 20:10 is more typical with a handful of 32:10 and 40:10. This is a blue moon kind of win!!

I'm doing FC for the first time ever.  Spent the last few days reading different guides.  I settled on Hugo's guide which is a modification of Sir Hatters.  I guess today is a bad betting day but here's hoping.

On 3/20/2021 at 11:30 PM, jennoying_sparkle said:

Food club is definitely worth it! I just started this year and follow other people's bets. If you follow the food club bets on Reddit, they make it super easy to place bets/copy other people's bets within minutes! Made almost 3 million since the start of January (my account is 11 years old) for 2 minutes of reading stat summaries and placing bets a day. Way easier to make np than grinding games like I did to get up to my first 9 mill. At the rate I'm going, I'm hoping I'll reach 20 mill by the end of the year? 

I've been reading various articles about FC and I've found the Reddit feed.  I've been betting the last 3 days.  So far I've made money and not lost any. I need to find a good article or reference that explains all the lingo/acronyms. 

On 3/20/2021 at 11:15 PM, Mayetra said:

I've been reading various articles about FC and I've found the Reddit feed.  I've been betting the last 3 days.  So far I've made money and not lost any. I need to find a good article or reference that explains all the lingo/acronyms. 

I did this for another member here and have tweaked it for today. Hope it helps:

The opener reference is to the odds when that days betting starts. I often don't see those as I'm long asleep, but most of the betters think that the opening bets are the best indicator, and the opening odds are what Garet bases his bets off. The odds then change throughout the day according to how many people bet on different pirates, so you can get more or less np than when the bets opened.

The numbers are referencing the odds for the pirates in a set arena; so 2/3/13/13 means you have a 2:1, a 3:1, and two 13:1's. 

Positive arena - an arena that opens with one strong 2:1 pirate, so a relatively sure bet. A strong positive is one 2:1 with three 13:1's surrounding it (2/13/13/13) or other high numbers. A weak positive is a 2:1 with 4:1 by it's side. So Shipwreck is a very strong positive (2/13/13/13) and Harpoon is a medium positive (2/7/9/13). Garet periodically counts a 2/3/13/13 arena as a positive and discounts the 3:1 opener and it's been his undoing more times than I can count!! 

Boosted arenas are the less strong arenas that you add onto your positive arena bets. Shipwreck is a good example today with (2/3/4/13). So you have your two safeties and then boost the arena. As the 13 is exceptionally unlikely to win, Garet has removed that from the bet today and boosted two arenas instead. But essentially you boost the entire arena, so providing your positives win, you should make np.

Chases are high odds bets with a small change of winning. The base bet is just the 2:1's from the positives together. Usually you will get either a chase or a base bet, depending on which is more profitable/likely due to limited bet numbers. Today Garet has chosen to chase Puffo in Lagoon over the base bet as that sweet 40:1 profit chance was too good to miss, I guess. Base bets are more likely to be used when you need a lot of safeties, so you are only boosting one arena which may not be profitable if all the 2:1's come in. A base bet on a two positive day would add 4:1 to your winnings in that case, which will shunt up the winnings from 8:10 to 12:10 if all the 2:1's come in.

Safeties are the best you place around your boosted arena in case of an upset. So all the boosts are taken out leaving you just with your positives and you put bets on the most likely to win. Usually you only cover single upsets (one of the positives not having a 2:1 winner). Most busts therefore come from double or even triple upsets or a 13:1 winning in a positive arena. Today Garet has three safeties; he's covered the 7:1 and 9:1 in Harpoon and one of the 13:1's in Shipwreck. With only ten bets, it's difficult to cover multiple upsets, which is why they are standardly not covered.