Food club

Duma

26 minutes ago, Angeló said:

@Secrei won 52:10 

Garet won 56:10 

i'm slowly re-building my bank account

I was with Garet yesterday. Unlike the day before where I dropped the wrong safety and tanked when Garet did quite well!

On 12/30/2020 at 12:29 AM, Angeló said:

Two tanks in a row 

This really is Trash Week !

This was one of the reasons I had a break - I had a series of tanks and lost the will to play!! Particularly after I tanked on the 80:10 day as I flipped the four bet thinking the other pirate was a better bet... Hopefully, I can get back in the groove.

Looking at Boochi today, he tanked yesterday so I'm glad I didn't start again then! I've gone a little more risky for my first day back

image.png.a3f7b81ee61dbe9a5edceca9e28872ab.png

19 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Everyone tanked yesterday , on a four-positive day !!!

Always a good day to have skipped then! And yep, the big positive days and the single positive days are always the most risky. The big positive days because there are so many balls in the court that you can't catch all the upsets and the single positives because to have any chance of making a profit you usually have to ten bet the single positive.

Today's odds are appalling. So as it's undeniably a Skip Day, I have thrown 1000np per bet and gone YOLO. 

I will almost certainly lose 10,000np but if I come up trumps, I'll come up trumps with an extortionate amount for my buck. 

There is no rhyme or reason to these bets, other than finding the highest odds and running with them. I do not expect to win!!

image.thumb.png.865294bede49a9ce9f6218930016d06b.png

17 hours ago, Secre said:

I will almost certainly lose 10,000np but if I come up trumps, I'll come up trumps with an extortionate amount for my buck. 

I skipped todaybut these numbers are insane , did you win anything ? 

8 hours ago, Angeló said:

I skipped todaybut these numbers are insane , did you win anything ? 

Nope, apparently 2:1's all won, but not the ones that I deemed most likely. I knew that was the likely option when I chose to do a daft bets day in the face of the appalling odds though!!

I've followed Boochi to the letter today.

I've done slightly better than Garet these last two days; 16:10 instead of 12:10 and 20;10 instead of 16:10. I've gone with Garet today again, but taken out the Orvinn safety and added in a 4 pirate base bet at 16:10, so if the 2:1's come in I make quite a lot more. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ooof, two days of tanks and I don't like the look of today either. The single weaker positive is Cove and Goob's in with Dan, Buck and Fran who are all pretty solid pirates... and then the other arena's all have two 2:1's or a 2:1 and 3:1. I don't think I'm biting...

Lagoon would be a decent booster if we'd got a relatively safe positive, but I just don't think it's worth it.

So I was right to skip Friday - Garet came in evens.

I did reasonably on Saturday - 24:10 over Gareth's 16:10 as I went for the standard formation. This was less judgement and more not wanting to faff about on my phone between tabs!

I thought yesterday was a good day and even went safer than Garet and still tanked. Three tanks in a week!!

And now today. A single positive that needs to be 10 bet to be profitable. Ouch.

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

My results were nothing but disasterous this past week 

Jan 20 0:10

Jan 21 0:10

Jan 22 4:10

Jan 23 12:10

Jan 24 0:10

and I really need the money for my gallery

I think I had a 34:10 day and a 24:10 day in there, but the three tank days were the same! And I skipped the day that came out evens.

It has not been a good week at all. And Garet said Trash Week started a day early... I don't think it ever finished!

On 1/27/2021 at 2:26 AM, Angeló said:

Yet another tank today for JK but apparently Garet won 26:10]

is JK getting cocky and reckless with his bets ?

I tanked yesterday as well as I removed the 13:1 safeties in favour of boosting another arena - the 13:1's win so infrequently most people don't bother to cover them. I'm not surprised JK didn't.

Garet tanked today though because he treated a very weak positive as a runner. I came in at 24:10 as I played a far safer set. I've done the same today. It's a single relatively strong arena and I'm not touching the other arenas as positives or pseudo positives with a barge pole.

image.png.041de47e195f7ea28a064ada76ad3f60.png

I've also got two safeties in that will pull me back to evens or near enough if Stripey doesn't win.

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

you should start your own Food Club bets page and I will follow you 

every one tanked yesterday except the very risky phoenix and he got 22:10 so you beat them all yesterday

My problem is that I often follow Garet and when I don't my wins are inconsistent. For every day where Garet tanks and I pull out a win, there's another day where I meddle with Garet's formula and he does far better than me!!